TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Great Escape (TGE) Discussion Thread

p. 34 - Bobcat wooden coaster announced for 2024!

Every coaster but Boomerang in the park is relocated. Even the log flume is relocated, supernova is relocated. I'd say right now TGE is the most neglected park in the chain, ride wise. I'm not blaming six flags tho, it's smart business. And yes I just used smart business and six flags in the same sentence.

^Is it just me or having a Led Zeppelin themed ride at The Great Escape would be kind of odd ?

Yes and I doubt that Six Flags would want to pay licensing fee to use Led Zepplin and their music for the ride. If the B&M coaster from Hard Rock/Freestlye park (Led Zepplin/Time Machine) were to go to Great Escape, they going to have name it something like "Goliath" since Great Escape can no longer use any of the properties that Six Flags has the rights for (IE Batman, Superman, Looney Tunes) and the speaker would not be on.

It wouldn't be right it's just too big, the only way I can see it is if they remove CB and the Nightmare building and extend back behind nightmare a little ways. They own all the way to the sand pit so land isn't a issue up in ghost town. Heres what I mean

This is what it would look like.

This is a comparison pic to what is there now(from the same height)

I made these quick using google earth and Microsoft paint

The way I drew it nothing would be disrupted in ghost town except CB and Nightmare

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone think that someday Great Escape will be "flagged" by Six Flags?

What do you mean by that?

Making Great Escape officially Six Flags Great Escape.

Even though it's not officially flagged I have noticed an increase in the use of "Six Flags Great Escape" in media ads and different souveneirs.

If The Great Escape was to get "flagged", it might help draw in more people to the park because people seem to go crazy about the words "Six Flags". However, "flagging" the park might set up visitors for disappointment because visitors to a Six Flags park usually expect big roller coasters and thrill rides, and TGE looks pretty mediocre in both those departments.

TGE got a new logo this year, if they had any plans to flag it it would have been done with the new logo. Also a higher up at the park said the dropping of the "the" in the name was the last name change that would occur. Obvious nobody calls it Great Escape because The Great Escape sounds a 100 times better. Bottom line if TGE was gonna get flagged it would have happened by now.

^ and tbh you're reading into the six flags thing a little much. Everyone in the area knows TGE and what kind of rides they have. Also anyone whos been to the park in the last ten years knows its owned by six flags. Not only the neon yellow shirts but Constantly hearing " The Great Escape: A Six Flags property" over and over again

Maybe when Six Flags first bought the park they were originally going to have it flagged, but for some reason they've decided not to.

That may very well have been the case, but then changed their minds after their coaster spree of boomerang, bobsled, nightmare and CB didn't change attendance at all. They then decided that adding bigger and better things and flagging wouldn't make economical sense if they weren't going to see a boost in attendance.