TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Great Escape (TGE) Discussion Thread

p. 34 - Bobcat wooden coaster announced for 2024!

[...] (being used for storage) along with Nightmares building (IDK if the coaster still in there).

The coaster is not in the Nightmare's building anymore ! The RCDB lists it as defunct, and I saw myself the building's doors open during a summer day and there was no roller coaster in it. Just a couple of piles of wood and metal, but clearly no Jet Star.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It will most likely keep its winter theme it currently has. The sign in front of the dome with hints last year said "Hint:A Frigid Good Time"

I asked the lady at the Great Escape what the name of the ride will be but she didn't know...or at least didn't want to tell me.

It will most likely keep its winter theme it currently has. The sign in front of the dome with hints last year said "Hint:A Frigid Good Time"

I asked the lady at the Great Escape what the name of the ride will be but she didn't know...or at least didn't want to tell me.

Hopefully, it will have a light and music package. They could easily project snowflake patterns onto the ceiling/walls. I'm a little surprised it is moving indoors, as I'm not sure if additional precautions need to be followed in New York State after the accident at Rye Playland a couple of years ago.

I just looked through the NYS Ride Safety requirements and didn't see any "newly" added rules/regulations-just the normal ones; annual inspections, sufficient ride exits, etc...

The sad thing about the indoor scrambler at Rye is that not only did it happen and kill someone in 2004, but it happened AGAIN and someone got killed AGAIN in 2007. I understand it may have been accidental, but how are the ride ops that stupid? If you take the necessary steps before starting the ride, there will be no problem... Although the 2004 incident was virtually unstoppable because the girl climbed out of her seat mid-ride to kneel on the seat and it all went from there, but the 2007 death was pure negligence.

It was weird timing when Chipper's was removed (I believe it was after the 2004 season?) because the death at Rye had just happened, but they also gave Jumbo to GADV so they had a flat pad to fill. Could have been a combo of both to make the decision to move the Scrambler outdoors, or it could be one of the two.

• 3 weeks later...

I know tge isn't open until may 18th. But trying to plan a trip to la ronde and stop either on the way up or back for my last credit at tge. However, the Alpine Bobsled has eluded me twice(both visits I've made), anyone know if/when this coaster starts operation? Was thinking about the weekend of the 25th or perhaps later.

thanks for any help.

^I think the bobsled is generally open at the beginning of the season and operates all summer long. However it only opens at 11 AM, and a long queue generally forms in the day, so try to get there in advance to hit one of the first ride if you don't get a fast pass. Also don't forget that the Bobsled will close when there's rain, even light one, as the through doesn't support moisture. (It might be closed the rest of the day as it needs to dry).

This is a pretty difficult credit to get, but it's possible if you follow those tricks (hope it'll help !)

^^Oh, and also since La Ronde is my home park, I have to tell you to buy a flash pass, because La Ronde is a park which gets EXTREMELY packed on most days (even if the rides aren't that good), and if you don't get a flash pass, you won't get more than two or three credits in your whole day !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was at Great Escape today, and it was also the media day for the new Screamin Eagles. The ride looks great, and it should be a lot of fun. I was talking to a staff worker, and he said that the ride will open tomorrow to gold pass members, and Saturday to all season pass holders.

Here are some photos I took from outside the event.

IMG_0064.JPG.428a7872564be2d6ff4c84607e078f6a.JPG

Signage

IMG_0081.JPG.650c1a9eda4417dd5dd26d0fc9ed6d66.JPG

The ride has a really nice location

IMG_0077.JPG.119042b8815aeaaec15573e0da42f06a.JPG

Screamin Eagles looks like pure fun

IMG_0076.JPG.14fc12050fe72ac80fe718181a842b9e.JPG

IMG_0075.JPG.3fc69fd9b0090e6fa15537947aca4943.JPG

IMG_0074.JPG.8c2ee2c2013bcfaec1a8421e4bfa102c.JPG

IMG_0072.JPG.762311c3b380791a336ebd1bc19972f3.JPG

IMG_0070.JPG.33981c5f4003cdde2d2c577778459b79.JPG

IMG_0069.JPG.d433cd4bd89bcd1ac056a12774829a62.JPG

IMG_0061.JPG.41faa40d0420a7f74dd6e1a49c846a55.JPG

If in the area, check out Great Escape, it is a nice, albeit odd, park

Edited by Airtime&Gravity

You know, I was sort of disappointed when they announced this but it looks awesome and I'm really looking forward to riding it. Love the location, the control booth blends in with its surroundings, and overall looks like a great addition. Did anyone happen to notice if they were any "No cable snapping" signs??

Also announced today, Canyon Blaster will run backwards during July! Should make a boring coaster into at least an interesting experience! Looking forward to that too.

Screamin' Eagles officially opens tomorrow, 10am! Also I don't know if anyone heard yet, but Canyon Blaster will be run backwards during July for a limited time. A nice twist on a not so nice coaster. Condor is also still running the intense program it ran last year. Believe me when I say intense. The spinning at the top gets crazy.

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize for the double post in advance- but.....

We (myself and a few others) have an exciting announcement coming June 24th regarding Great Escape discussions and everything inbetween! The announcement will be in video form and we hope you will be as excited as we are!

Just went to The Great Escape today and had a great time. A couple things changed since the last time I was here such as:

1. Screaming Eagles (very nice ride and definitely a great improvement over the Arcade Dome that was there before, sadly you cant snap the cables )

2. The Scrambler is inside the Dome now and it is repainted to look like a igloo

3. The bumper cars have moved up into the Ghost Town section of the park into a area where arcade games used to be

(theses where all mentioned back in previous pages)

Also The Comet is down right now and it looks like they are doing something with the track by the on ride photo camera (there is a blue trap above it to protect from the weather).

Anyways, here are some pictures of the bumper cars in their new location:

The Great Escape has just closed the Canyon Blaster for the week, as they are turning the trains backward for the month of July ! According to a park employee, it's scheduled to open again next monday.