TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Werner Stengel Book

Hi,

Does anyone know when Klaus Schutzmannsky's book "Roller Coaster: The Roller Coaster Designer Werner Stengel" (ISBN 3933257395) is released either in the USA or the UK? Amazon.co.uk says it comes out imminently, although the bookshops I've spoken to don't have any listings other than it may be out at some point in October, but only in the USA. This relates to the English version - I think a German version may already have been released but is now unavailable.

All the best,

Robin

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this book ordered on Amazon for about two years now, and on Walmart's website for 1 year, and have not gotten anything from either of them. Whenever i email Amazon about it and ask when its comming out they just say that they don't know, and say their sorry. I really want this book! I saw one on EBAY once go for $100.00. So Borders huh? What have I gotta do there ask for it, and they'll order it?

I is not that easy that get ur hands on that book. On ebay they always go around a 10o Euros. There was one with Stengel's signature that was sold for over 200 Euros...

So if you didn't pick it up early and you're not willing to spend a lot of money, you're out of luck...

Walmart isn't really that much more promissing, as I said I've have it ordered through them for about a year and a half now, and still havn't got it. Only thing different for me between Wal-Mart and Amazon is Wal-Mart actually emails me from time to time, saying its not out yet.

I just ordered it today from Border's they said they didn't know when it would be in, and that they'd send a postcard when it came in...Only thing is that the price is about double from what Amazon and Wal-Mart are asking.

So now that I've had it ordered on Amazon for 2 and a half years, Wal-Mart for 1 and a half, and just Borders today, we'll see who pulls through first...now accepting bets too

Here are the librarys that own a copy of the book.

CA STANFORD UNIV LIBR STF

DC LIBRARY OF CONGRESS DLC

IL UNIV OF CHICAGO CGU

OH BAKER & TAYLOR BAKER

TN INGRAM LIBR SERV IG#

AS CHINESE UNIV OF HONG KONG CVU

EU NATIONAL ART LIBR VICTORIA & ALBERT MUS AVA

EU OTTO HARRASSOWITZ

No idea if it's the english verison or not.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
Does anybody know where I can buy this book now?

This book was never published in English because the author believed there wouldn't be enough demand for it to cover costs. Shame really as it looks like a fantastic publication, with excellent drawings and conceptual art. You can try Amazon, eBay etc... as they do come up from time to time. Or if you're ever in Blackpool (UK), you can read/look at a copy at the Roller Coaster Media Library.

[bOOK 182] KLAUS SCHÜTZMANNSKY: DER ACHTERBAHN-DESIGNER WERNER STENGEL. [2001] (23x28cm - 168 Pages - B&W and colour photos and diagrams throughout). A unique and entertaining compilation of the numerous innovations by civil engineer Werner Stengel, who, in the 1960s reformed the construction of roller coasters all over the world. The first German steel roller coaster was built according to his calculations and in the following years, thanks to Stengel's unbroken creativity, technical specialties like the famous looping coasters that came to realization. (German script throughout).

Read you all soon

Simon Baynham

http://www.rollercoastermedialibrary.com

Having started this thread 5 1/2 years ago, I'm embarrassed to say that between then and now I got a copy (in German) on eBay pretty cheap whilst your backs were turned...

I Envy you... I think I might try to order one from Border's tomorrow, Wish me the best of luck on getting one!! hahahha

• 7 months later...