TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Credits you barely got

Thread is pretty self-explanatory

What credits were you close to not getting?

Me, I almost didn't ride Ragin' Cajun at Six Flags Great America. During my 2011 visit I planned to ride it after I saw it on the 2010 map and saw that it didn't go upside down and wasn't too extreme (I really didn't like inverting rides until 2012) but like always, the line moved at the pace of a snail, so I left. Then in August 2013 after hearing rumors that it was headed East, I got in line once more but yet again, the line moved as fast as a snail and I got out. During Fright Fest 2013 I realized that time was slowing fading away and if I didn't ride this thing my local SFGAm Forum was going to have to listen to me b*tch about not riding for x years until I visit SFA so I finally gave it a go and waited through the 40 minute or so line (Which was only about 3 switchbacks, by the way) on October 6th, 2013, exactly 3 weeks before it gave it's final ride at the park

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At SFMM X2 was closed while as everything else was running. I kept starring at the ride after riding New Revolution, Twisted Colossus, and Eating and we returned the Platinum Flash Pass, But then I saw the train going up the lift hill. My mom paid $15 and I got onto X2... Glad I rode it, Not that glad that I rode it.

Not a defunct coaster, but I was just barely able to ride Lightning Rod at Dollywood. I rode it on the very first day of technical rehearsals (May 23rd) where you had to get a special pass to ride. I had to leave a few hours after riding LR to get ready for my flight home, so the fact that I actually got to ride it is almost a miracle.

Big Dipper @ Geauga Lake. Just got on it 30 minutes before the park closed as I forgot about it until the very last minute, and the park closed two months later.

Not a defunct coaster, but I also just barely got on Master Thai @ Mirabilandia as it opened up close to when I was leaving the park.

I can't think of any that I "barely" got. We rode Hurricane at Adventureland Long Island for the first time a few days before it closed but we specifically planned to go out there for that reason (and to drive to Montauk Point on a Saturday... traffic should be fine in the fall right? ). We also planned a west coast trip when we were kids and went to Magic Mountain to ride X in it's opening year (that was not the sole purpose of the trip but I begged my mom to add it because I was an annoying, pain in the ass kid). It just so happened that the day we went was the first day it had operated in over a month, a few years ago I went back with Brit though so I guess I would have got on it eventually. Luckily I never have to ride it again because it absolutely sucks.

There were also some irritating missed credits that I've since scooped up. We drove 4 1/2 hours to Lakemont Park to ride Leap the Dips once and it was closed, but the next year we hit it on the way back from Cedar Point. We also drove 5 hours to Darien Lake this year for what we assumed would be our last trip ever (since let's be real they'll never get a new coaster) but we missed the MotoCoaster so we went back a few weeks later (also on the way back from Cedar Point) to ride that and Ride of Steel and then leave. It worked out though because they had a great deal on tickets and we got to go to SeaBreeze which was a great little park.

When I was younger we got to do Flashback at SFMM. It was always closed down when we were there and on this particular trip we did 5 or 6 rides on it back to back because there weren't any other people in line. The following trip out it had permanently closed. That was the only time I ever saw it open and got a ride on it.

Due to crazy long lines I almost missed Nightmare at Great Escape. It had the slowest moving line I've ever seen, all for a portable coaster that could only seat 2 riders at once and run one train due to braking issues. By the time I returned to the park, it was SBNO or removed.

I almost didn't make it to Bowcraft for their 2 coasters before they closed this year. I saw the post on here that they were closing and made sure to stop by after visiting Adventureland.

Edited by Canobie Coaster

while i had ridden rolling thunder (SFGA) before, it was my first time at the park in about ten years....and it completely slipped my mind that it was closing.

In fact, it was the final day it was operating. I started to get in line but decided the line was too long (!!!!) and did something else! What a mistake.

I'm not sure how much this counts, but I rode the Roller-Soaker at Hersheypark a few years before it closed. That was in 2009, a.k.a. my only visit to the park to date.

Also, I rode one side of Gwazi at BGT right before the park closed on that night, back in 2010. 'twas my only visit to that park.

Shockwave: SFGAm- My one and only ride on this was in its last year.

Thunder Road: Rode both sides last summer after missing it during my 2013 day visit.

Valravn: Came very close to missing this but managed to get one ride on it. I would of got more rides on Valravn but none of my friends were willing to pay for either fastlanes and we skipped it our first day at the park.

That's all I can think of at this time.

I would have to say Mean Streak as its the first time i went to CP. Also Shockwave at SFGAm i went on it in the summer of 2002. After that i moved to Indianapolis for most of my teen years so i wasnt really that close to Great America anymore. When i rode Shockwave was also the first time i went to Great America. Also Hurricane at Myrtle Beach Pavilion way back in 2001.

I guess getting to ride De Ja Vu @ SFGAm... At the time I had no idea the ride was having its many issues and would be on its way out...

Also didn't know what a "credit" was at the time, so I didn't try to plan things out so I could claim that I rode something...

Edited by RaceBoarder

Visited Magic Mountain during work trips in Dec '13 and Jan '14 while X2 was under extended downtime. Was in the area for a quick visit in March and I think it had just re-opened. I barely managed to finish my only available day with enough time to drive up to the park just before they closed the gates and wait in a huge queue to ride. However, I've also had one more chance to ride it since.

Roar at SFDK about a week or so before its announced closure. (That was when the rumored/partly confirmed closure was going around.) I really wanted to get it in since we knew it was going to close though at least it was a station wait.

As Larry said, lot of coulda, woulda, shoulda credits.