5) Fahrenheit

6) Laff Trakk

7) SDL

8) Wild Cat

9) Comet

10) Wild Mouse

11) Sidewinder

12) Coco-Cruiser

13) Trailblazer (honestly awful one trick pony)

Six Flags New England

1) Wicked Cyclone

2) Superman

3) Batman

4) Thunderbolt

5) Pandemonium

6) Gotham City

7) Mind Eraser

8) Flashback

9) Catwomans Whip

10) Goliath (since I haven't even got to ride it...)

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed many of the people who post Kings Island they always place Adventure Express in the middle and is up higher then full fledged coasters....why is that? like Vortex was tons times better then that ride....lol. Vortex has a real drop and inversions! AE doesnt have either....its just twisting track after twisting track after twisting track *yawn* Not to mention it was to rough! Vortex was rough too yes but at least it was thrilling..... also you go up that big lift hill thinking it will be an awesome big drop and it just brings you back into the station! Most disappointing ride ever! Its like the people who would rank Whizzer over Goliath and Raging Bull at Great America! (i seen it in youtube comments). Mine trains dont do it for me....sorry :/ Its probably more fun to take your car and do crazy donuts in an empty field....lol

Since i am exactly between Frontier City and Worlds of Fun, i have two home parks.

Frontier City:

1- Silver Bullet

2- Wildcat

3- Steel Lasso

4- Wild Kitty

5- Diamondback

Worlds of Fun

1- Prowler

2- Mamba

3- Timberwolf

4- Patriot

5- Spinning Dragons

6- Cosmic Coaster

7- Boomerang

My Home Park is Busch Gardens Tampa ever since moving to Tampa back in 2009, so here is my list beginning with 1 being my favorite:

1. Cheetah Hunt

2. Cobra's Curse

3. SheiKra

4. Kumba

5. Montu

6. Sand Serpent

7. Air Grover

On a side note. Gwazi Tiger would've been #4 and Gwazi Lion would've been #5 had it still have been open. Even though it was rare for them to duel in their final years, when they did duel, it was an awesome wooden coaster and Gwazi Tiger's bobsled like maneuver during the middle of the ride made it rank just slightly above Gwazi Lion.

My Home Park is Busch Gardens Tampa ever since moving to Tampa back in 2009, so here is my list beginning with 1 being my favorite:

1. Cheetah Hunt

2. Cobra's Curse

3. SheiKra

4. Kumba

5. Montu

6. Scorpion

7. Sand Serpent

8. Air Grover

On a side note. Gwazi Tiger would've been #4 and Gwazi Lion would've been #5 had it still have been open. Even though it was rare for them to duel in their final years, when they did duel, it was an awesome wooden coaster and Gwazi Tiger's bobsled like maneuver during the middle of the ride made it rank just slightly above Gwazi Lion.

As someone who has lived many places I'll declare my original home park as well as my current home park.

SFOT

1. Mr. Freeze RB

2. Titan

3. Shockwave

4. Batman TR

5. La Vibora

6. New Tx Giant

7. Runaway Mt.

8. Runaway Mine Train

9. Pandemonium

10. Judge RS

11. Mini Mine

12. Wile E. Coyote

Current park SFGAm

1. Whizzer

2. American Eagle Red

3. Viper

4. Demon

5. American Eagle Blue

6. Goliath

7. Batman

8. Raging Bull

9. X Flight

10. V2

11. Superman

12. Little Dipper

13. Spacely Sprocket

Yeah I don't rank things like anyone else I know. I'm sure nobody would agree my lists. Lol

I consider Canada's Wonderland and Cedar Point both my home parks, so I'm having some fun and combining them:

1. Maverick

2. Dragster

3. Millennium Force

4. Behemoth

5. Leviathan

6. Valravn

7. Gatekeeper

8. Magnum

9. Raptor

10. Wicked Twister

11. Rougarou

12. Blue Streak

13. Gemini

14. Wild Beast

15. Vortex

16. Bat

17. Stunt Coaster

18. Dragon Fire

19. Corkscrew

20. Guardian

21. Cedar Creek Mine Ride

22. Thunder Run

23. Ghoster Coaster

24. Iron Dragon

25. Silver Streak

26. Fly

27. Mine Buster

28. Flight Deck

29. Time Warp

Not ridden:

- Taxi Jam

- Jr. Gemini

- Woodstock Express

Hersheypark:

1. SkyRush

2. Lightning Racer

3. Storm Runner

4. Great Bear

5. Laff Trakk (only experience on this ride was completely in the dark)

6. Comet

7. Fahrenheit

8. SooperDooperLooper

9. Wildcat

10. Trailblazer

11. Wild Mouse

12. Sidewinder

Now that my head isn't bashing into the old Intamin OTSR's anymore, I realized how forceless Fahrenheit really is minus the first drop and the very last airtime hill. I was very underwhelmed after riding it this fall for the first time in 2 years.

If people dont mind can someone explain this huge appeal of coasters like Adventure Express at KI and Whizzer?? They seem to be ranked so high in this thread but to me...."flat" coasters just dont do it for me.....and by flat i mean no real drops or/and inversions. Its just most twisty track. I noticed they get praised a lot by coaster enthusiasts and i dont know why. To me these type of coasters are like over sized Dragon Wagons....so please if its ok can someone explain the big appeal to "flat"/lack of element coasters...

I'm lucky to have Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens Williamsburg as my two home parks!

Kings Dominion:

1. Intiminator 305

2. Dominator

3. Flight of Fear

4. Volcano: The Blast Coaster

5. Rebel Yell

6. Grizzly

7. Backlot Stunt Coaster

8. Avalanche

9. Anaconda

10. Woodstalk Express (Scooby Doo)

11. Richochet

12. Great Pumpkin Coaster (Taxi Jam)

Busch Gardens Williamsburg:

1. Apollo's Chariot

2. Verbolten

3. Alpengeist

4. Griffon

5. Loch Ness Monster

6. Grover's Alpine Express

*(Tempesto and InvadR will change my rankings.)

Edited by Bmanscool

Since i am exactly between Frontier City and Worlds of Fun, i have two home parks.

Frontier City:

1- Silver Bullet

2- Wildcat

3- Steel Lasso

4- Wild Kitty

5- Diamondback

Worlds of Fun

1- Prowler

2- Mamba

3- Timberwolf

4- Patriot

5- Spinning Dragons

6- Cosmic Coaster

7- Boomerang

Kings Island

1. Beast night ride

2. Banshee

3. The Bat

4. Diamondback (only if I ride in the backseat. I have realized I am not a big fan of these Hypers)

5. Beast day ride

6. Flight of Fear

7. Backlot Stunt Coaster

8. Vortex

9. Racer

10. Adventure Express

11. Firehawk

12. Invertigo

If people dont mind can someone explain this huge appeal of coasters like Adventure Express at KI and Whizzer?? They seem to be ranked so high in this thread but to me...."flat" coasters just dont do it for me.....and by flat i mean no real drops or/and inversions. Its just most twisty track. I noticed they get praised a lot by coaster enthusiasts and i dont know why. To me these type of coasters are like over sized Dragon Wagons....so please if its ok can someone explain the big appeal to "flat"/lack of element coasters...

It's called personal preference.

Height speed and steepness do not make *always* = great ride. Many people would think I'm crazy that I rank Runaway Mine Train and Skull Mountain over Kingda Ka at my home park but its simply because I enjoy them more. It's not that I don't like big and fast - look at my top 10.

I, and I feel like many people in this community are open minded enough about all rides big and small, especially classics that have aged well, and can appreciate a ride regardless of its speed and height.

SFOG:

1) Goliath

2) Mindbender

3) Dare Devil Dive

4) Batman

5) American Scream Machine

6) Superman

7) Joker's Funhouse Coaster

8) Georgia Scorcher

9) The Dahlonega Mine Train

10) Blue Hawk

11) Georgia Cyclone

Carowinds:

1) Fury 325

2) Intimidator

3) Afterburn

4) Carolina Goldrusher

5) The Flying Cobras

6) Woodstock Express

7) Ricochet

8) Carolina Cyclone

9) Hurler

10) Flying Ace Aerial Chase

11) Lucy's Crabbie Cabbie

12) Vortex

13) Nighthawk

Dollywood:

1) Lightning Rod

2) Wild Eagle

3) Thunderhead

4) Firechaser Express

5) Tennessee Tornado

6) Mystery Mine

7) Blazing Fury

8) Sideshow Spin

SFMM:

X2

Twisted Colossus

Tatsu

Batman

YOLOcoaster

Apocalypse

Superman: Escape from Krypton

Scream

Goliath

Green Lantern

Riddlers Revenge

Gold Rusher

The New Revolution

Viper

Ninja

Road Runner Express

Speedy Gonzales

Knotts:

Ghostrider

Xcelerator

Silver Bullet

Montezoomas Revenge

Boomerang

Sierra Sidewinder

Pony Express

Jaguar

Coast rider

Height speed and steepness do not make *always* = great ride. Many people would think I'm crazy that I rank Runaway Mine Train and Skull Mountain over Kingda Ka at my home park but its simply because I enjoy them more. It's not that I don't like big and fast - look at my top 10.

I, and I feel like many people in this community are open minded enough about all rides big and small, especially classics that have aged well, and can appreciate a ride regardless of its speed and height.

This, and also the more coasters you ride the more you come to appreciate unique experiences. For example, I love B&M hypers / gigas but when you ride 10 of them they all kind of blend together (except Fury of course... OMFG that thing is perfection). The same can be said for a lot of other coaster types by other manufacturers too. Take GCI for example, they're all great but they're mostly all pretty similar experiences. Then you come across something like Whizzer or a really weird Mine Train and in a way it's a breath of fresh air.

Technically I can also consider Lake Compounce and Canobie Lake my home parks as well, even though I frequent SFNE more.

Canobie Lake Park:

1. Untamed (Gerstlauer Eurofighter - quick ride but fun)

2. Yankee Cannonball (Epic woodie despite out-and-back layout)

3. Canobie Corkscrew (Note: my first ever upside-down coaster. For some reason, I rode it four times in one day. I was torturing myself.)

Lake Compounce:

1. Boulder Dash (So deserves "Best wooden coaster")

2. Phobia Phear (Premier Rides Skyrocket II - only one I've ridden, love it)

3. Wildcat (Very rattly, as expected, but otherwise okay)

4. Zoomerang (Restraints are so freakin loose on this thing - scared the hell out of me when I rode it despite it being a crappy boomerang)

This, and also the more coasters you ride the more you come to appreciate unique experiences. For example, I love B&M hypers / gigas but when you ride 10 of them they all kind of blend together (except Fury of course... OMFG that thing is perfection). The same can be said for a lot of other coaster types by other manufacturers too. Take GCI for example, they're all great but they're mostly all pretty similar experiences. Then you come across something like Whizzer or a really weird Mine Train and in a way it's a breath of fresh air.

YES!! I could not have said that better myself. I LOVE classic coasters, sometimes more then the big thrilling ones for this reason. Look at somewhere like Kennywood who has several old classic coasters that still to this day rival many of the newer ones.

Sames goes for flats for me. I rather ride Demon Drop then almost all over drop rides.