TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dutch Wonderland 2017

he's my only hope!

Don't be so sure. It's recently come to my attention that this little rinky-dink park I've never heard of has an Arrow Log Flume and a semi-respectable looking wood coaster . If you want to do some shameless credit whoring just say the word.

I have been going to this park since I was a little kid (Some parts of the park haven't changed at all, which I love). I then took my daughter every year in the early 2000s but now that she is almost 17, we haven't been in a few years. They do have a Log Flume and a Sky Ride for you! They also have a Houdin type ride unless its been removed.

Glad to hear they are getting a new addition! I figured it was coming when they moved the Antique Cars to the back of the park and had that huge space now in the middle of the park.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dutch Wonderland actually has some cool kids stuff but is also priced like a Six Flags park which LOL. I doubt this alone gets me to go back there instead of dropping into Dorney with my Platinum Pass and riding Talon repeatedly, midday, on a prime summer Saturday with no wait.

he's my only hope!

Don't be so sure. It's recently come to my attention that this little rinky-dink park I've never heard of has an Arrow Log Flume and a semi-respectable looking wood coaster . If you want to do some shameless credit whoring just say the word.

Just for the hell of it I was walking around this place on Google maps and apparently they have a skyride of some sort too. How have you not been to this place yet, dude? LOL

dutch.jpg.2a9d55ef59c2b51522f5829490556f32.jpg

:lol: Because it's not a Von Roll, it looks like a piece of crap (though I'd totally ride it).

Its the same as Waldameer and Canobie's I think. Also the ancient rocketship simulator and a couple of boat rides are there too IIRC

The thing that struck me was the extraordinary number of transport style rides Dutch Wonderland has. Like three separate boat rides, an antique cars, a train, a ski lift, and a monorail. That is good for families because you can just sit and enjoy yourself as a group. But it is kind of horrifying really. The ski lift had to be the very slowest I have ever been on. It was comical really. But yeah, the park really is quite nice for what it is. My only issues are that some of the rides (monorail, dragon boat ride in the front of the park for example) could use some good 'ol TLC. And maybe that the price is a bit steep.

Very excited for this addition.

I am a huge fan of Dutch Wonderland and have been going for years. I discovered this place, thanks to this very forum years ago. There are two things my family loves and that is theme parks and camping; and no where we have found (close to us) where you can do both so close together. Old Mill Stream campground sits next to Dutch Wonderland, and is so close you use the Clacking of the first lift hill of Kingdom Coaster as your alarm.

Also Dutch Wonderland and the campground are very centrally located to all of Pennsylvania's theme parks. 40 minutes to Hershey, less than 2 hours to Knoebels, and about an hour and 15 minutes to Dorney and Wildwater Kingdom. (less than 2 to Great Adventure also) So we set up camp there and spend a day going to all the other places as well. Plus there is a ton to see and do in Lancaster, I have been going every year since 2008, sometimes twice a year, and still have not seen it all.

31257_403570609570_663460_n.jpg.c21fb561b0bc097e3963fc385033939b.jpg

Full of Wonder

1044249_10151679814619571_1318569431_n.jpg.364e1ef1dcccb7215428c69837b647a1.jpg

Right side, center, you can just make out the coaster.

I can't wait til we find out that all that's in the shed is an unloading platform and enthusiasts everywhere are fantastically butthurt.

It's an unloading platform that has spoooooooky mystical themeing. Use your head, man.

• 2 weeks later...