TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[POLL] RMC Mean Streak 2017 or 2018?

When do you think Mean Streak will open?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think Mean Streak will open?

• Team 2017
    • Team 2018
    • It will open after 2018

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I think that the point of forums is that everyone can give his opinion and debate (politely). Bill is completely free of giving his opinion on everything as much as he wants, as this causes debate and the debate causes entertainment, which is another of the main points of forums.

having watched most all the RMC's go up, i have no doubt it can be ready by opening 2017. Colossus was also pretty trashed if you ask me. Mean Streak last I saw looked to be in great shape. no surprise there.

so, i think it could be smooth sailing for the conversion.

does seem odd for marketing, etc. i also feel it seems awfully early to start if it's for 2018.

whenever it opens, i'm just ecstatic that it's actually happening.

I think everything would go smoother if Coasterbill would just stop writing 30+ posts a day. Seriously, you feel the need to give your opinion on EVERYTHING, no matter how repetitive or trivial.

Post Count Argument... I remember the 1st time I was on a message board!

**grabs popcorn**

Bill doesn't post to post. He's always giving his opinions (which he's allowed to do so, just as you are), but his opinions are helpful, insightful, and aren't viewed as being pulled out of his arse. I'd wager most people around these parts see his posts as insightful and add to the forum. Other posters, however aren't viewed as positively...

It's how message boards work, whether you like it or not...

In all fairness, I trust RMC and Cedar Point to know what they're doing and how long they expect it to take for this ride to be done in the time frame of when they want to open it. Yes, that includes the announcement as well. The industry is always changing, and corporations don't have to stick to a single plan each and every year on when to announce new attractions.

I'm a part of the 2017 crowd because I see the water park announcement and advertising as a move to get the spotlight on the water park before announcing RMC Streak. Let's be honest, people would have forgotten about the water park announcement immediately if both it and Mean Streak were announced at the same time, and Cedar Point wanted to get something announced for 2017 for season pass sales, so they went with the water park first to get the first push of new season pass holders, and I can see the park announcing Mean Streak after the new year in another push to get more pass holders.

I realize I'm probably nowhere near correct, but that's the best guess I can come up with for why they're waiting so long to announce Mean Streak.

2017 certainly looks possible at this point. But 2018 seems to make more sense, seems odd that they would choose to hold off marketing the big new attraction. Who knows. I'm pretty much just glad to see CF is doing it. Sooner the better, but I'm not crying if it's 1 more season off.

I think everything would go smoother if Coasterbill would just stop writing 30+ posts a day. Seriously, you feel the need to give your opinion on EVERYTHING, no matter how repetitive or trivial.

Clearly this "being nicer" thing isn't working out so screw it.

Based on his sign up date, post count and the fact that he finds a way to mention me in just about every single post he makes it's obvious that Wisco Woody is a troll, probably someone who was banned before who signed up pretty much exclusively to express his butthurt over the fact that I exist. This has been especially true ever since I completely schooled him in the Cedar Point thread over his typical enthusiast bullsh*t rant about how the park should only build rides that he specifically likes as if the world revolves around him.

As always, stay mad. I don't know what this little witch hunt you're on is about but I don't particularly care either. You've had a toxic attitude from day one. I've tried to be nice, tried to laugh it off and diffuse it over and over again but it's obvious that you just enjoy starting problems and being an a**hole. Nobody was talking to you. Piss off.

And sorry Larry, I tried.

2017 certainly looks possible at this point. But 2018 seems to make more sense, seems odd that they would choose to hold off marketing the big new attraction. Who knows. I'm pretty much just glad to see CF is doing it. Sooner the better, but I'm not crying if it's 1 more season off.

People keep repeating this marketing thing. The fact is the people that bought season passes right away are the people that are going to buy no matter what. RMC MS announced right away wasn't going to sway them. Second, by not announcing the enthusiast crowd have been talking about it non stop on forums, tons of youtube speculation on every little happening. They are getting hype by not announcing. When they do announce it won't be clustered with a bunch of other announcements or SF announcements soon after. They have built up anticipation by their teasing, trolling, etc...on what's going to happen with MS. There are also some theories I have heard on it being announced at IAAPA in November with RMC having all the renderings at their booth. RMC is doing something with MS they have never done before with other conversions and are going to unveil it at IAAPA. Don't know about this theory. My theory is they like trolling people and building the anticipation. They also think they can get a secondary pass sales increase with a late november/december announcement for the holidays. SF does a flash sale that gives away the farm that starts the day of their announcements, CF doesn't. CF thus doesn't mind making some later announcements b/c they aren't basing their sales largely on the announcements and a bargain product sales strategy.

Edited by eugenecd

^Enthusiasts buzzing about it really means nothing. No general park goer is reading TPR getting hyped about the secret construction. Nor do they care about what happens at IAPPA. Typically, they show off their new additions at the end of the year, when patrons are flocking in for their last rides or haunt events. This happens every year. Including this year, with the waterpark expansion.

I'm sure most of their local patrons are on facebook and will see an announcement before the season if it is opening 2017... It just seems odd, not saying it's not possible. Just not really "the norm".

I say 2018. I think the project is much larger than just the Mean Streak conversion. They aren't going to want people roaming back there as work is being done. I'm guessing that they'll add a dark ride back there as well as part of the transformation. Maybe relocate the train station too.

Originally I was thinking 2018, but now that we have photos of some track and support beams at the park, I'm starting to lean toward 2017. I admittedly know nothing about coaster construction, but I can't see why you'd need to have track on-site 19 months before opening.

Based on his sign up date, post count and the fact that he finds a way to mention me in just about every single post he makes it's obvious that Wisco Woody is a troll, probably someone who was banned before who signed up pretty much exclusively to express his butthurt over the fact that I exist. This has been especially true ever since I completely schooled him in the Cedar Point thread over his typical enthusiast bullsh*t rant about how the park should only build rides that he specifically likes as if the world revolves around him.

As always, stay mad. I don't know what this little witch hunt you're on is about but I don't particularly care either. You've had a toxic attitude from day one. I've tried to be nice, tried to laugh it off and diffuse it over and over again but it's obvious that you just enjoy starting problems and being an a**hole. Nobody was talking to you. Piss off.

You really may be one of my favorite people ever lol.

Not even trying to kiss ass either lol. It just makes going through the forums a little more fun and exciting. It almost feels like a show you'd watch on Bravo lol. I mean that in a good way too. I am always entertained watching that channel and theres always that one person that has a sane opinion and attitude towards things. lol

Once again, I say, never change.

Honestly, I hope it opens in 2017 so that every other poster in the Cedar Point thread no longer has a reason to post about Rocky Mountain redoing Mean Streak. Now all we need them to do is Hurler and nearly everyone will give me peace and quiet...

Honestly, I hope it opens in 2017 so that every other poster in the Cedar Point thread no longer has a reason to post about Rocky Mountain redoing Mean Streak. Now all we need them to do is Hurler and nearly everyone will give me peace and quiet...

Wishful thinking. There are a bunch of other rough old woodies that could use RMC conversion. I think CF may go on a run like SF did with 5 or 6 conversions. Your peace is over before it starts. RMC Roar...lol.

Edited by eugenecd

I'm guessing that they'll add a dark ride back there as well as part of the transformation. Maybe relocate the train station too.

What?? Where did all this come from?? Why do you think just because they are RMCing Mean Streak, suddenly this means they are getting a new Dark Ride, and relocating the train station?? That's a bit of a reach don't you think??

You really may be one of my favorite people ever lol.

Thanks guys.

I'm guessing that they'll add a dark ride back there as well as part of the transformation. Maybe relocate the train station too.

What?? Where did all this come from?? Why do you think just because they are RMCing Mean Streak, suddenly this means they are getting a new Dark Ride, and relocating the train station?? That's a bit of a reach don't you think??

Yeah I was confused by this one too. I really would love a dark ride at Cedar Point eventually (Is there anything in that pirate building?) but I don't see any reason to believe it's happening in the near future, and honestly with all the awesome things we've gotten lately (and in the future with RMC Mean Streak) I can't complain one bit. As far as I'm concerned, Rougarou may as well be a brand new ride since Mantis was completely un-rideable so it sort of feels like they've received 3 awesome B&M's in the last few years with an RMC on the way.

I feel I should apologize on behalf of any SFGAm fans that are present on this board because Wisco, Eugene (or Schoop or whatever he's calling himself this week), and others came onto TPR as a result of an anti TPR thread on a SFGAm message board. Unfortunately our dumpster fire over there spilled over to here and the stupidity proliferated here...

Even though it goes against unconventional marketing/advertising routines, maybe there doing something different. I *think* it will open some time in 2017.

Agreed. As I said earlier, it's hard to shake the idea of a conventional construction timeline. That's your baseline and it's hard to alter it to fit the timeframe things are currently progressing along at.

Given the precedent of TTD's announcement, with the track at the park, the RMC will open in 2017 but possibly with a delayed opening past May, and that could be why there is no announcement yet.

To conclude my remarks on certain people on high horses, a person who spends all day every day writing 30+ posts on a coaster forum does not strike me as a laid back person who can rightfully call others obnoxious or toxic. You remember the kid in class who always raised their hand and never stopped talking?

The whole "doesn't make marketing sense" argument doesn't make sense to me. Everyone who has studied marketing is familiar with the concept of Hedonic Editing. Basically, people/firms integrate losses and segregate gains. Therefore, in regards to marketing, it makes much more sense to make two separate announcements (with the smaller one coming first) than it does to integrate two big additions into one announcement.

On the other hand, a very reliable source told me that the park is finished making announcements for next season... Still, I'm team 2017.