TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

DC Area: Advices for Oct 15

gus1971

Hi guys!

I will have an unplanned trip to DC area later this week. So I am kinda reserving Oct 15 (Sat) to visit either Kings Dominion or Six Flags America.

I haven't been to KD since 1997. So my last coaster at that park was OL:FOF. No Volcano, Intimidator, backlot coaster, or any other newer addition.

On the other hand, I have never been to SFA.

So I am looking forward to your advice on which park to should go. I am crazy for airtime (more than inversions).

Unfortunately, my choice would have been Hershey park if I had the time. But I will need to visit a park closer to DC (2h drive is ok!). Basically, I believe it would be Intimidator vs Superman.

Based on your experience, how bad would the crowds be during these last season weekends?

Thank you all very much in advance for your hints.

Best regards,

Gustavo.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing to keep in mind is that a "truck convoy" is being held for the Special Olympics on Saturday: http://specialolympicsva.org/calendar/event/1354. This fundraiser is being held at Meadow Event Park, which is the same exit as Kings Dominion.

I'm not sure how this will affect you, as you'll be driving down from DC. That being said, KD is a better park than SFA.