TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite and least favorite amusement park

Dorney is kinda meh but its always worth a pop over (I'm only an hour away) for Demon Drop, Talon and Possessed. I like that the park exists. Its clean. Never crowded. Rides are rarely down. I like their sit-down Chickies. Its in my lower tier of parks for its general mediocrity but its hard for me to even think its close to a bad park.

Yeah, I wouldn't complain about its existance if I lived an hour away from it, especially for the water park in the summertime. But then again, I'd probably just would want to drive the extra 1-1.5 hours each way to go to Hersheypark or Knoebels instead.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Favorite: Busch Gardens Williamsburg hands down. Also all the Disney World Parks, Universal Orlando Parks, and Dollywood. Second tier in my favorites are Hershey Park, Cedar Point, and Six Flags Great Adventure.

Least Favorite: I've enjoyed every park I've been to, but probably Dorney Park or Carowinds. Both good parks, just not amazing either way.

I dont know but Dorney looks pretty cool to me. No i never been there but it looks like it has fun rides too me. Steel Force looks a lot of fun and the other coasters look cool too. It also has two different drop rides! How many parks have two adult sized drop towers?? One of them also looks really unique. Not to mention the waterpark too. But thats just me. Im sure its no Cedar Point but still looks pretty fun.

I dont know but Dorney looks pretty cool to me. No i never been there but it looks like it has fun rides too me. Steel Force looks a lot of fun and the other coasters look cool too. It also has two different drop rides! How many parks have two adult sized drop towers?? One of them also looks really unique. Not to mention the waterpark too. But thats just me. Im sure its no Cedar Point but still looks pretty fun.

Don't get me wrong it's a lot of fun! I've just enjoyed other parks more. Dorney's not an all day park you can get everything done pretty quickly

• 7 months later...

Favorite: Busch Gardens Tampa

It's one of my home parks and have been in love with it since my first visit in 2007.

Least Fav: Wild Adventures

I wouldn't call the place horrible and had a nice time when I went. It just doesn't have enough to warrant another trip until they get something "big". It's also the closest park to where I live but don't consider it my home park.

Favorite: Knoebels. No need to explain this one.

Least Favorite: Carowinds. Has 3 amazing coasters, but the rest of the park is just... boring. My family made the mistake of spending 3 days down there in August last year. We actually left Carowinds early on the first day because of how bored we got. Spent most of the second day down there doing other stuff in the area. Also, the flyers are overrated.

Easily my favorite has got to be KBF, I always go there and I always feel like I'm at home and never want to leave.

Least favorite is a harder choice but if I had to choose, I'd have to honestly say Chessington. Other than Dragons Fury and Vampyre and he bath themed ride which I've heard has now changed is the only good part for me. I was there for half the day and rode both of those coasters at least 30 times. After that I just went and finished out the day at Thorpe.

Favorite: Probably EPCOT, Europa Park. Honorable mentions include Knoebel's, Indiana Beach (circa 2007)

Least Favorite: SFA - Went there once and have no desire to go there again. Queued for Joker's Jinx and it broke down when I was at the front of the line. Went to Superman and queued there for an hour or so. Line didn't move, and during that one hour, we watch two, maybe three, trains dispatch on Batwing. Finally successfully got to ride Wild One, so at least I got the only credit at that park that mattered. Went to get my pass processed (though I was never coming back to SFA, it was cheapest to get them there and use them at SFGAdv and SFOG) and that took forever as well.

Disneyland is my favorite with Knoebels and Cedar Point close behind. I can't go against Walt's original park. There's just something magical walking through that park and then all of the rides are so well themed and immersive.

Least favorite park is trickier. Probably the worst single visit I ever had to a park was Enchanted Forest in Hope Valley, Rhode Island. The park has since closed and I went when I was 8, but remember the place being a charming dump. Picture lovely story book characters and scenic walkways if they fell into a state of disrepair. That's Enchanted Forest. I don't remember the employees being friendly, which is a big no-no for me at a children's park. My parents said they looked like convicts on parole with their tattoos. I think the real telltale sign how bad the park was is this. My girlfriend is from Rhode Island and her family never heard of the place. One of my dad's coworkers lived in the town of Hope Valley and didn't even know the park existed.

Favorite is Silver Dollar City. The natural setting, the family-centricness of it in that truly has something for all ages. The food of course, and the staff is consistently amazing. I love the sense of history, not only from the theme and the demonstrations and such but the weight of time deriving from the actual age of the park. That's something that can't be faked.

Least favorite is tough, I've been fortunate enough to not have visited a truly 'bad' park but if forced to choose, I'd go with Six Flags St Louis, only because I've visited a few times and it was consistently dirty, overpriced, and poorly run on each of my visits. I know a lot of people like it and it does have a lot of great stuff in it, it's just not worth it for me personally to give it more of my money.

It's hard for me to have a "least favorite" of something I love, but if I were forced to say it, while my nuts were hooked up to a car battery...

- La Ronde: A B&M Batman AND a Vekoma SLC?? Brilliant ideas like this make my brain hurt.

- Canada's Wonderland: We do NOT need another three flat rides, please and thank you.

- SF Magic Mountain: The park if too damn big, too damn busy, and operations are too damn slow to be a premier park. Period. Even with the Flash Pass. However, since I have not yet ridden FT and Twisted Colossus, it might be worth a revisit.

As for my favourite parks:

- Cedar Point

- Busch Gardens (both)

- Universal Studios

- Hershey Park

- Dollywood

- Kennywood

^ Honestly my biggest gripe with Magic Mountain is the extremely hilly layout and how it's always well over 100 degrees while I am there. Despite that, those two coasters (particularly Twisted Colossus) are amazing and worth going back for.

Favorite: I'm going to have to give this to Hersheypark. A coaster lineup anchored by a trio of Intamins (Storm Runner being my top launch coaster), my second favorite GCI in Lightning Racer, the timeless Comet and sooperdooperLooper for the kids, and the presence of Chickie's and Pete's.

Least favorite: This one is tough, because I have yet to visit a bad or even mediocre park. I am giving this to Dorney Park. Though they have some great flats, and Chickie's and Pete's, their coaster lineup falls flat. It's well-rounded, but Hydra is the only one that was really memorable. On top of that, they have some stiff competition - Hersheypark, Knoebels, Coney Island (which I have yet to visit), and Great Adventure are all nearby.

Valleyfair and Six Flags America both have better coasters and less nearby competition to make them look bad.

^ Honestly my biggest gripe with Magic Mountain is the extremely hilly layout and how it's always well over 100 degrees while I am there. Despite that, those two coasters (particularly Twisted Colossus) are amazing and worth going back for.

Yeah, I'll never forgive them for not flattening those hills before opening that park!

On the bright side, it makes rides like Tatsu, Revolution, and Full Throttle more memorable.

Least favorite: This one is tough, because I have yet to visit a bad or even mediocre park. I am giving this to Dorney Park. Though they have some great flats, and Chickie's and Pete's, their coaster lineup falls flat. It's well-rounded, but Hydra is the only one that was really memorable. On top of that, they have some stiff competition - Hersheypark, Knoebels, Coney Island (which I have yet to visit), and Great Adventure are all nearby.

You didn't like Talon? I think it's one of the best inverts.