TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite and least favorite amusement park

Favorite: Europa Park. The coasters are great, the theming is phenomenal, there are tons of dark rides. There is so much to do. Love everything about the park. Every positive review you hear of the park is true.

Least Favorite: Mt. Olympus. The operations are abysmal. The only coaster I liked was Cyclops. Apparently Hades got even worse when they added the barrel roll, and I just couldn't stand the park.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so challenging for me to pick a "favorite" park, however after thinking long and hard about it, I narrowed it down to either Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Silver Dollar City, Cedar Point, EPCOT, or Animal Kingdom.

Honorable mentions going to: Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Kings Island, Islands of Adventure, and Universal Studios Orlando.

Favorite: Europa Park. The coasters are great, the theming is phenomenal, there are tons of dark rides. There is so much to do. Love everything about the park. Every positive review you hear of the park is true.

Least Favorite: Mt. Olympus. The operations are abysmal. The only coaster I liked was Cyclops. Apparently Hades got even worse when they added the barrel roll, and I just couldn't stand the park.

Apparently they reprofiled Cyclops in 2014. They took away the buzz bars and changed the big drop so that it wasn't as intense. And it's safe to assume they're going to let it get extremely rough. So there is no reason for me to go for myself, and honestly that seems like a good thing.

lol i noticed Mt Olympus gets a lot of hate in the amusement park community. I only been there once and it was back in 2009 when it wasnt overly packed so maybe i went on a good day. Also the fact we didnt stay in one of those hotels...Why does the place get so much hate anyways? just wondering. It was nothing to rave about but it was still a fun little place. I sure can go on and on about Enchanted Forest in Utica Il though....which was suppose to be like a small Mt O but instead turned into a glorified Chuck E Cheese....actual Chuck E Cheese is actually more fun then EF in Utica....lol I seen old pics of people there on this site when it had the actual rides....to bad i couldn't experience it then...

I'm gonna post from Rollercoaster Philosophy:

http://www.rollercoasterphilosophy.com/2011/mt-olympus/

Read this and you'll understand. Or pay $5-7 online and $20 for parking and find out for yourself.

I've had "bad days" at amusement parks but I definitely don't hate or dislike a park enough to have a least favorite one. I had a crappy day at Great America where I forgot to check it was a Bring A Friend Day and it resulted in 2-3 hour lines after a 3.5 hour drive. But I can't complain as it's one of my favorite parks when it's dead, Raging Bull is so much fun to re-ride 10 times without leaving the station, and riding my favorite wooden coaster 7 times in 30 minutes is also great. I had an underwhelming trip to Dollywood, but that's as I was getting sick, Lightning Rod, the reason I came was down, and my friend was more interested in playing Pokemon Go, this has very little to do with the park, as I liked all the coasters there and loved Thunderhead and especially TT. My favorite would probably Cedar Point for obvious reasons.

I've had "bad days" at amusement parks but I definitely don't hate or dislike a park enough to have a least favorite one. . .

You've never been to Six Flags St. Louis, or Magic Springs have you??

I've been to St. Louis 5 times in the past year and I like the park a decent amount, have had pretty good to really good days every time. Although the lineup is limited, it has 3 great wooden coasters and Mr. Freeze as well as a decent selection of flats.

My best is going to be so hard to chose from. Maybe divided up in categories would be best.

Best overall - Magic Kingdom (Until Star Wars land is complete and this will probably change to either Disneyland or Hollywood Studios)

Best experience always - Kings Island

Best Rides - Cedar Point

Honorable mentions - Carowinds, Dollywood, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Kings Dominion, and Six Flags Magic Mountain

Worst Park - California's Great America or Indiana Beach

I do realize that. That's why I put Disneyland or Hollywood Studios. I'll have to wait to see which Star Wars land I like better before choosing top park. But it's definitely going to be one with Star Wars in it. Right now, there's not enough Star Wars in Hollywood Studios to beat out Magic Kingdom yet...So for now...It's Magic Kingdom until Star Wars land debuts.

Oh I don't knoe there's just so many to choose phrom.

Worst is easy though: Conneaut. Please hurry up and close forever. Honorable mention to Lakemont.

Yea i read some other threads and you mentioned Conneaut a lot. your hatred for it. I never been there so i wouldn't know. Heck i never been to Penn. However i think your hatred for Conneaut Lake matches my hatred for Enchanted Forest indoor "amusement park" in Utica Il! lol There is so many rant comments i left on videos relating to indoor theme parks,SF Great America,etc about that lame place! Even left a Google comment....however i wasnt brave enough to leave one on Yelp or Tripadvisor. It is truely the poor mans Wisconsin Dells! The cabins dont even have Wi-fi and since its in the middle of nowhere cell connection is horrid too...i heard that place has money issues as well and probably wont last long either....but if i had to pick i rather go to Conneaut at least its a real amusement park and i heard it has a very decent roller coaster.

To offer an opposing opinion, I love Conneaut Lake Park. Yes, it is hurting and has been hurting for a long time, but the passion for the park is refreshing and they have really done a lot to put it in a much better state over the last few years. The property itself is very nice (even though it needs to be maintained better and cleaned up, which they are trying to do with the little assets they have, it isn't like they don't care), there is a lot of historic value with the rides and hotel, they have a few rare rides, and Blue Streak is an awesome and intense classic wooden coaster.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Favorite park(s): Tough choice but I have to say Cedar Point.

Other favorite parks are SFGAm of course, SFADV and Carowinds.

Least Favorite park(s) Mt. Olympus and I do have really have to say why.

Other least favorite parks are Indiana Beach and (SF)Elitch Gardens, Darien Lake.

These are the parks that I have gone to multiple times. I didn't want to count the parks that I have only visited once.

My favorite park is really easy: Tokyo Disney Sea.

My least favorite is hard to say because I haven't been to a really "bad" park. For lack of exciting attractions does Pacific Park at the Santa Monica Pier count? The atmosphere is nice and the views are great, I just wish they had a more exciting marquee coaster. For operations I'm going to say Beech Bend in KY or Tokyo Dome City which both have operations as slow as molasses, though it wasn't crowded when I visited either of these so it wasn't unbearable. Beech Bend is the only place where I've ever had my sandals stolen (in their water park). For big park I've been to I'm going to say Dorney Park (for the ride side) because its bland and there's nothing really noteworthy besides Demon Drop, but it isn't a bad park and their included water park is actually really good. I guess I haven't been to a truly awful park, and that's a good thing.

Nah, aside from that I agree with you completely. Even though Hydra has the most unique floorless coaster layout on earth (I'd argue even more unique than Hair Raiser) it translates into a really forgettable ride. It's fun but not worth traveling for.

Dorney is kinda meh but its always worth a pop over (I'm only an hour away) for Demon Drop, Talon and Possessed. I like that the park exists. Its clean. Never crowded. Rides are rarely down. I like their sit-down Chickies. Its in my lower tier of parks for its general mediocrity but its hard for me to even think its close to a bad park.