TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite and least favorite amusement park

Make sure to check out the Terms of Service thread pinned at the top of the main forum. There are rules to posting here and poor spelling and grammar is one of them. And thank god for that. Also giant blocks of text are super annoying to read. A learning disability is not an excuse to not create a post using paragraphs.

Also, yes we are making fun. Everyone makes fun of each other here. If you can't take getting ribbed on you're not gonna like it here.

Finally, to answer your original question with a serious answer: fave park - BGW (runner up Hershey), least fave - SFA I guess, even though I don't even hate it that much. I just haven't been to any really crappy parks.

Well id appropriate you not make fun of me. It's really immature. Also its not my fault people cant read simple text.

oh by the way...as i forgot to say....no one actually sits down and reads all of the Terms of Service on anything! online or in real life! People,including me,just skim quickly and hit the little square and move on...come on admit it you've done it too.

Yet the Terms of Service are there, and you should abide by them once they're brought to your attention. That being said, there's far too much "backseat moderating" going on in this thread. Thank you.

As for your question, my favorite park is Tokyo DisneySea. They could add nothing new there for the next decade, and I would visit it every year if I could. That place is spectacular.

My least favorite would have to be Mt. Olympus in the Wisconsin Dells. I've visited that place once and have absolutely no desire to return.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite parks are Silver Dollar City and Cedar Point. Least favorite is a tough one since I haven't been to any "bad parks" per se, but I remember WDW Magic Kingdom being a bore when I went there as a younger kid. That was a very long time ago though, so I can't place much merit on that opinion.

Yet the Terms of Service are there, and you should abide by them once they're brought to your attention. That being said, there's far too much "backseat moderating" going on in this thread. Thank you.

As for your question, my favorite park is Tokyo DisneySea. They could add nothing new there for the next decade, and I would visit it every year if I could. That place is spectacular.

My least favorite would have to be Mt. Olympus in the Wisconsin Dells. I've visited that place once and have absolutely no desire to return.

yea i noticed Mt Olympus gets a lot of hate. even on trip advisory its kind of low. i personally enjoyed it when i went back in 2009 but maybe others had a different experience. i read that the most common problem was being put in very crappy hotels instead of their real main resort hotel. Also that there was to many people and its dirty. When i went there wasnt that many people at all but maybe thats because it was raining. Also we didnt stay in a hotel and went for the day and since it was kind of cold we didnt go on the waterslides sadly but i still had fun on the coasters as well as that big swing ride. I mean Hades was a lot of fun(kind of rough in the tunnels though)and that was even before they changed the track up. Of course its not the most fun part i been to but still was fun.

Favorite, Disneyland. If it has to be a standard amusement park then I would pick Cedar Point.

Least Favorite, Canobie Lake Park. The park itself was ok with some good rides but the operations were the worst I have ever seen in any park I have been to.

^ Check in the Ask Alvey section. The question is asked (and answered, sort of) there.

oh ok i seen it now thanks for pointing me to that. yea i guess its just randomness! I was like whats donkies got to do with amusement parks?? i guess in a way it does...some amusement parks have petting zoos and zoos that may have donkies

My favorites are (in no particular order): Hersheypark, BGW, Disneyland, and Epcot. I cannot really define any of these four as my favorite because they are all awesome in their own different ways.

My least favorites are probably Elitch Gardens and SFA. SFA actually has some good coasters, but the park experience is just not there, unless you like rides over an open field. Also, VR Superman can have dispatch times up to 15 minutes! Elitch Gardens, while a nicer park, suffers from being overrun with clones. Now, SFA, SFGAm, and even SFOT to an extent are all overrun with clones, but the difference is that most of their clones are actually good. I wish parks like Wild Waves or Elitch Gardens looked to Lagoon as an example for how to exapand a smaller park. Salt Lake City should be a smaller market for a park, but Lagoon has added two major coasters in the last ten years, while Elitch Gardens has only removed one major coaster.

Favorite: Hersheypark. This park surprised me! In addition to the great, clean family atmosphere (with probably the best bathrooms I've been to at a park), they also have a fantastic Intamin trio, several woodies, a B&M, and a classic looper. Operations aren't the best, but they are better than most parks I've been to. Honorable mentions for other favorite parks are SFGAdv, Cedar Point, and KI, but Skyrush in itself is what puts Hershey above most other parks for me.

Least favorite: Six Flags America. LOL this park is so embarrassing. Most of their rides are mediocre (Superman is the best at the park, but still weak compared to other hyper coasters I've ridden, plus the VR is horrific), and the operations are a complete joke. I think I timed a 9-10 minute dispatch for Batwing, and they were stacking for >5 minutes on Joker's Jinx. Apocalypse, Mind Eraser, and Roar are all terrible. Wild One is alright, but nothing particularly unique or special. The food lines are also atrocious. I have no desire to go back there again, and if I'm ever in the DC area, I'm taking the extra 1.5 hours and heading down to KD instead!

^ Check in the Ask Alvey section. The question is asked (and answered, sort of) there.

oh ok i seen it now thanks for pointing me to that. yea i guess its just randomness! I was like whats donkies got to do with amusement parks?? i guess in a way it does...some amusement parks have petting zoos and zoos that may have donkies

Their old original t-shirts are probably "collector's items" by now, I assume. I have an original white t-shirt that is now is (mostly) shreds. Over wearing, hmm? But the donkey's still hangin' in there, heh.

felt like posting pics! because why not! Favorite park(Cedar Point) vs least favorite(Enchanted Forest at Utica Il) most are saying umm thatss not an amusement park....but you got to remember before i got to go to that "park" it had REAL rides....now its just the glorified Chuck E Cheese crap! never got a chance to ride the rides except one a mini Moses drop but the second year even that was gone! the only "true" amusement park/carnival ride is one of those big slides with the sacks :/ how sad....you guys be the judge as true theme park enthusiasts which place looks super super fun! and which place looks laaaaaaaaammmee!

1446881874_EnForest.thumb.jpg.9d50739cd73afc9ada4cc199b910d4af.jpg

1409324184_CedarPoint!.jpg.d27feb3cb49fd006f4855d7572f595eb.jpg

My top three parks would be:

Europa Park

Liseberg

Disney's Animal Kingdom

Honorable mentions go to Hansa Park, Epcot, Tivoli Gardens and SeaWorld Orlando.

Worst park would be Cosmo's World (or Berjaya Times Square Theme Park as it's now called). Only spent two hours and three rides there and didn't feel like I missed anything.

lol i noticed Mt Olympus gets a lot of hate in the amusement park community. I only been there once and it was back in 2009 when it wasnt overly packed so maybe i went on a good day. Also the fact we didnt stay in one of those hotels...Why does the place get so much hate anyways? just wondering. It was nothing to rave about but it was still a fun little place. I sure can go on and on about Enchanted Forest in Utica Il though....which was suppose to be like a small Mt O but instead turned into a glorified Chuck E Cheese....actual Chuck E Cheese is actually more fun then EF in Utica....lol I seen old pics of people there on this site when it had the actual rides....to bad i couldn't experience it then...

Favorites:

Holiday World

Seabreeze

Knoebels

Kennywood

Hersheypark

Cedar Point

Least:

SF Great Adventure

Mt. Olympus

Then I have used to be a favorite in Indiana Beach. And Six Flags Over Georgia as least favorite but one of my favorite rides with Mind Bender.

Favorites:

Holiday World

Seabreeze

Knoebels

Kennywood

Hersheypark

Cedar Point

Least:

SF Great Adventure

Mt. Olympus

Then I have used to be a favorite in Indiana Beach. And Six Flags Over Georgia as least favorite but one of my favorite rides with Mind Bender.

SF Great Adventure??!! No i never been there but i want to go there on day...besides MM(which i want to go to one day too...) isnt it like the best SF park in the chain?? Like it has some of the best coasters....i mean El Toro and KK look awesome! I imagine Magic Mountain is the "Cedar Point" of the Six Flags chain and Great Adventure is like the "Kings Island" or maybe even another "Cedar Point" of the Six Flags chain.

lol i noticed Mt Olympus gets a lot of hate in the amusement park community. I only been there once and it was back in 2009 when it wasnt overly packed so maybe i went on a good day. Also the fact we didnt stay in one of those hotels...Why does the place get so much hate anyways? just wondering. It was nothing to rave about but it was still a fun little place. I sure can go on and on about Enchanted Forest in Utica Il though....which was suppose to be like a small Mt O but instead turned into a glorified Chuck E Cheese....actual Chuck E Cheese is actually more fun then EF in Utica....lol I seen old pics of people there on this site when it had the actual rides....to bad i couldn't experience it then...

- All their coasters only have 1 train

- Shortest lines are usually 25 minutes

- $20 to park

- Lack of Shade

- Lack of Bathrooms (5-10 minute walk to a bathroom)

- Confusing Layouts

- Questionable safety history (Catapult, Opa, Can touch track, 11 People sent to Hospital for Chlorine Intake)

That about it?

FAVORITES:

1. Busch Gardens Williamsburg: Besides having my favorite invert there, this park is great in every way. Good food, friendly staff, and awesome coasters all around... oh yeah, and the scenery's pretty nice, I guess.

2. Islands of Adventure: I'm a sucker for Orlando parks, and this is my fave in the area. Plus, there's Butterbeer. No other words.

3. EPCOT: Because World showcase, that's why.

LEAST FAVORITES:

Conneaut Lake: What a joke of a park. Location is bad, scenery is horrific, rides are terrible (sorry Blue Streak fans, but I hated this ride), and just... everything. Ugh.

Six Flags America:

explains why. It's not my own, but it describes my experience at the park perfectly.

Favorite: Kings Island. It's a very well rounded park only four hours away with two Hyatts (free stays) and cheap chicken wings/beer at Roosters nearby. The all around experience combined with the trip convenience of this park does it for me. Banshee is one of my favorite inverts, if not my favorite. Diamondback is by far my favorite hyper. Beast is my favorite woodie. If we could pack up Fury and haul it to this park, I'd never have a reason to go anywhere else. This was also the first park where Emily and I discovered the combination of drinking beer and riding roller coasters, where those two things were separate entities before.

HM: Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Carowinds

Least Favorite: Worlds of Fun. There's really nothing terrible about this park. It just does almost nothing for me and that's what makes it so painful. I WANT to get excited and I TRY to have a really good time at this park, but it never happens. There is nothing there I want to ride more than once. Mamba: just ok. Patriot: just ok. Prowler... since I'm not too into woodies is... just ok. That, and I think the Congo section of the park is the ugliest park area I've ever seen. Combine that with the 100 yard straight blacktop pathway back to Mamba with grass and nothingness on one side and train tracks on the other. In contrast, other areas of the park are incredibly attractive. My first visit to this park was decades ago during the existence of Zambezi Zinger, Orient Express, and when Timber Wolf didn't try to murder you. Now, the park is the most vanilla park I've ever been to.

HM: SFMM and Sea World San Antonio

Favorites:

Holiday World

Seabreeze

Knoebels

Kennywood

Hersheypark

Cedar Point

Least:

SF Great Adventure

Mt. Olympus

SF Great Adventure??!! No i never been there but i want to go there on day...besides MM(which i want to go to one day too...) isnt it like the best SF park in the chain?? Like it has some of the best coasters....i mean El Toro and KK look awesome! I imagine Magic Mountain is the "Cedar Point" of the Six Flags chain and Great Adventure is like the "Kings Island" or maybe even another "Cedar Point" of the Six Flags chain.

I guess if you are looking at records (Kingda Ka) and number of coasters... but my vote for best in the chain is with my home park, SF Great America. We have such a well-rounded collection of rides and coasters. Of course, I get that plenty of folks love Magic Mountain and Great Adventure. I used to love Magic Mountain... but you know... things change. Huge bonus points for fixing Revolution though!!!

I'd also add that Great Adventure has been such a frustrating place to be the last few times I was there. It was bad, really bad. Huge rides at dead-ends, atrocious operations, the list goes on. No rush to get back. I did have fun the one time Chiller (Robin only) was open when it had the twisty thing AND lap bars, that was awesome!

Edited by JT325

I havent been to Kings Island since 2004 but i would like go back since there been some new and great coasters built there since. Also i want to go on Fury and I305 one day as well but if it worth traveling all that way to both parks for just one flagship coaster? sometimes i wish i was loaded with money and i can travel like that...lol be awesome. Also i dont get why Magic Mountain or Great Adventure would get hate...like i said in another post isnt MM and GA like the "Cedar Points" of the Six Flags chain?

Favorites:

Holiday World

Seabreeze

Knoebels

Kennywood

Hersheypark

Cedar Point

Least:

SF Great Adventure

Mt. Olympus

I guess if you are looking at records (Kingda Ka) and number of coasters... but my vote for best in the chain is with my home park, SF Great America. We have such a well-rounded collection of rides and coasters. Of course, I get that plenty of folks love Magic Mountain and Great Adventure. I used to love Magic Mountain... but you know... things change. Huge bonus points for fixing Revolution though!!!

oh i see yea for me its about the rides but thats just me however Great America is my home park as well. Its a lot of fun there as well i love Ragin Bull and Goliath! Giant Drop is awesome too:) Batman is also intense and fun! and i love the loop on Superman feels like you are falling depending where you sit! American Eagle and viper is of course fun too:) X-flight is ok used to be a lot of fun at first but then after a while i seemed kind of tame. when it comes to wing coasters i prefer Gatekeeper at CP. However my friend loves that ride its her favorite in the park! My favorites is a tie between RB and Goliath of course.