TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How much do you use Twitter?

How much do you use Twitter?  

335 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you use Twitter?

• I use it quite regularly.
    • I use it only to follow TPR and a handful of other pages.
    • I have an account but rarely ever use it.
    • I don't use Twitter.

I check Twitter most often out of all the social media platforms. It's definitely better for interactions with news/content-driven users than Facebook, and doesn't seem to attract quite as many nutjobs. Or it's easier to ignore the nutjobs, one of those.

The problem is that I find Twitter is being used to direct me to things that are posted on FB or Instagram, nobody seems to use Twitter as their primary social media app.

This actually annoys me quite a bit. And the people who do this are usually the ones that don't understand the social media platform and use Twitter as an "RSS Feed" for their FB or Instagram posts.

IMO, any Twitter account that is doing this regularly, unfollow that account. They just don't understand how to use Twitter.

This, a thousand times this. If the content isn't in my feed, I'm not clicking on any Facebook or Instagram link to see it. It's different if a user is linking to something on their own site, but directing me to one of their alternate social media platforms is just annoying.

I also recently discovered that you can turn off retweets for certain users. This is great for accounts whose content I want to see, but they go overboard with the retweets, so you can effectively just filter those out.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not use it. Its too confusing to read the post half of the time with all of the hashtags. Its the same as Facebook and Instagram in my opinion.

Also, most people put the same things on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, SnapChat. So you really only need one or two social media outlets. Plus with the way media outlets shove info in our face there really is no point for social media anymore either.

I have an account but never posted, only read, and I literally just deleted both instagram and twitter this morning.

Why?

Honestly, Facebook is enough for me. It's the best way to keep in touch with friends and the companies I most care about paying attention to. Twitter is borderline annoying due to the posting restrictions and Instagram offers no benefit over Facebook. Redundant. I tried/used them for months now, but I just don't care for them.

Facebook limits news/updates, yes, but I can get over it. Typically if something important is going on I will either be on a website, dedicated facebook page, etc..

So at this time, FB is my one sole social media "outlet"... I am cool with that.

And to those people who responded "I have an account but rarely ever use it" I'm hoping you can post more information about why? Do you find other social media platforms more interesting and engaging? Do you just not like Twitter as a platform? Not enough time to browse multiple social media pages?

I'm just looking to see reasons why people signed up for it, and then stopped using it, to know if there is anything we can be doing to get those people back on the platform following us or not.

Im not very big into social media. Twitter is the only thing I have (and barley use). I like for announcements and that is about it. I only follow a handful of people

I voted that I don't have or use twitter. Reasons: I don't spend a lot of time online to begin with and don't have a fancy cell phone. I check Facebook briefly maybe 2x/wk and I have no desire to check so many other websites. Lump me in with the group of us here who just don't get it and don't want to get it but I don't see the point in having multiple social media platforms. I check TPR's page almost every single day thanks to the simple and easy to navigate pages and even my not-so-smart phone can view the site easily! I love it! Not so much for the social media places or practically any other website. If the TPR forums didn't exist I'd unfortunately never stay up to date with TPR or anything else coaster related.

We don't have cellphones. Or portable computers of any kind like tablets and such.

And David has way more social media sites that he's part of, than I have.

But. No Twitter, Facebook, Instagram...the list goes on. Just not interested, for myself.

I get enough information and visual/audial stuff from the TPR site itself.

I do. And that's enough for me.

I follow celebrities, news organizations and bloggers on Twitter therefore I don't get enough interaction with people on that site so I loose interest rather quickly. Posting and liking gets boring if there is no interaction. I am amusing myself then and that defeats the purpose of Social Media. Facebook and Instagram are my two preferred outlets on the internet. I share pictures I take with my phone on Instagram and use Facebook to communicate with friends and family. I comment frequently when a topic of interest shows up on my news feed and or watch videos. I am most likely to see or respond to your post on Facebook. Interaction is key I enjoy talking about and sharing coaster stories and facts. If nobody participates in the conversation or doesn't comment back on a comment you take the social out of the media. It becomes burdensome to maintain several outlets so I stick with my favs.

I don't use Twitter. It has never been a format that I have found that easy to grasp or (for me) have much use for. When I look for news or updates I go straight to the main website itself (TPR being the prime example). I think most of the websites I browse regularly are pretty good at updating on a constant basis (including TPR), so there is less need for me to be updated through social media.

I am also one of those weirdos that still reads a print edition newspaper and only uses my cell phone to make phone calls. My wife is despairing!!

I have a Facebook account which I use fairly regularly because I have found that Facebook has taken the over from email. I find it easier to FB friends abroad now rather than email, because more of them check their facebook than check their email.

It's sort of amusing to me that the late comers in this thread are mostly the ones that don't use Twitter. Which is interesting because if they HAD used Twitter, they would have seen the tweets about this poll much sooner. I wonder what other interesting news or updates they might be missing out on?

And to those people who responded "I have an account but rarely ever use it" I'm hoping you can post more information about why? Do you find other social media platforms more interesting and engaging? Do you just not like Twitter as a platform? Not enough time to browse multiple social media pages?

I'm just looking to see reasons why people signed up for it, and then stopped using it, to know if there is anything we can be doing to get those people back on the platform following us or not.

I signed up on Twitter just a few months ago. My reasons for no longer using it - I was robbed in July of this year, the phone that had Twitter among the numerous things taken. Phone was password protected, so no one was able to get into the phone. After replacing the phone, I just never installed the app on the new phone since I was not using it much before the theft.

My primarily choice of social media are Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.

I go through spurts where I check Twitter multiple times a day to not checking it for weeks on end. My heaviest use of it occurs near the trade deadlinene for Major League Baseball. I suspect my main reason for not really liking Twitter is I do not like notifications popping up on my phone other than email, text, or calls, so I have everything else blocked. I usually don't feel the need to know everything as soon as it happens and prefer to check out stuff at my leisure.

However I do find myself browsing Facebook and Instagram often.

It's sort of amusing to me that the late comers in this thread are mostly the ones that don't use Twitter. Which is interesting because if they HAD used Twitter, they would have seen the tweets about this poll much sooner. I wonder what other interesting news or updates they might be missing out on?

Lol. I do try to make a habit of at least looking at the twitter feed on the main page.