TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How much do you use Twitter?

How much do you use Twitter?  

335 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you use Twitter?

• I use it quite regularly.
    • I use it only to follow TPR and a handful of other pages.
    • I have an account but rarely ever use it.
    • I don't use Twitter.

I know we often ask a lot of questions about the use of social media to our followers but that is because social media is such a huge part of what TPR does now. Twitter has been a social media platform that has gone back and forth with their popularity over the years and at the moment, it's on an upswing again.

Twitter, IMO, is still the only real social media platform in which you can have real direct contact with whatever organization you are following, and the only one that (for the most part) does not throttle the content you see. If you "like" an account, you see everything that account offers, which is important to us.

So please, respond to the poll above. Add any additional comments you may have below. And thank you for helping us out!

--Robb

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And to those people who responded "I have an account but rarely ever use it" I'm hoping you can post more information about why? Do you find other social media platforms more interesting and engaging? Do you just not like Twitter as a platform? Not enough time to browse multiple social media pages?

I'm just looking to see reasons why people signed up for it, and then stopped using it, to know if there is anything we can be doing to get those people back on the platform following us or not.

I only use twitter to follow TPR. Not very active, but especially when TPR is at an event or somewhere around the world I like to follow on twitter to see what you guys are up to. And when browsing the TPR website I like to keep an eye on the twitter box found on the front page. It often directs me to new content I like.

I prefer to use Instagram and while its not a 'texty' style of social network I like how visual it is, which is probably quite good for someone who blogs rollercoasters since it is very helpful to see what you talk about, (and all the other food stuff!)

I just can't grasp the format as easy as I can with other social media sites. And, not many of my friends use twitter, so it's not a format I choose to keep in touch with people. I'm sure it has great uses, and I have an account, I'm just not as satisfied with the applications of use. If it works great for those who use it? Far out.... by all means, enjoy the benefits from it.

I am one that checked, I have an account but rarely use it.

I guess it is a feeling of not really "getting" twitter. I often forget about it. Apparently the only thing I have ever tweeted was a TPR post

I will go and check out TPR's feed if you guys are tweeting from an event or post a video link to something like tumblr.

I've found myself using Twitter quite a bit more than I used to over the last 3 or 4 months, not really sure why but it is growing on me. I used to not really "get it" and found nto very user friendly but I have been using it a lot more lately. I like being able to get content from the accounts I follow without having to scroll through all of my "friends" stuff to see it like you have to on Facebook.

Rarely use it

Did you really sign up to post this and at the same time completely ignore Robb's post asking for information on why you didn't use it? Why even post?

Anyway I use Twitter but not overly often. Honestly the biggest reason for that is that most of my friends don't use the platform. I've always been a fan of it and I use it to get updates on specific things since it's up to the second and completely without filters but I never bother to check it unless I'm looking for something specific.

Edited by coasterbill

I use Twitter every day. It's the best way to receive the most up-to-date, in-the-moment news. As a sports junkie, I primarily use it to follow various players, analysts, and news outlets, though I also use it to follow TPR's updates, specifically for media event and trip report coverage.

I use twitter on the regular - to trash talk my local public transportation, utilities, and city government. I blow up everyones spot all the time. Love Twitter for that reason. TPR updates are always nice too - even tho I never win any bags of crap

I've found myself using Twitter quite a bit more than I used to over the last 3 or 4 months, not really sure why but it is growing on me. I used to not really "get it" and found nto very user friendly but I have been using it a lot more lately. I like being able to get content from the accounts I follow without having to scroll through all of my "friends" stuff to see it like you have to on Facebook.

They have made some nice changes to it (unlike some of the other social platforms that keep making changes for the worse) that have made it a bit more user friendly and less restrictive. We have certainly seen quite an uptick in Twitter followers and interactions lately.

Also, not really related to this thread, but the NFL Thursday night games on Twitter are actually pretty cool. When I first heard NFL on Twitter, I thought what the heck that's going to be terrible, but it's actually pretty fun to watch the game and tweet along at the same time.

Twitter is my go-to social media app. It's where I get most of my news and information. Probably my favourite social media platform, because like Robb said, most of the others seem to be changing for the worse while Twitter usually gets better.

I use Twitter everyday, mainly because of dem dank memes!!!!1!111!1 Ah, but in all seriousness, I use Twitter to keep up with friends, follow events in parks, people and topics that I'm interested in. If you asked me this 6 months ago, I would've picked "Rarely use it" but now it has grown onto me and I really like it! I also love how it's the one of the only true social media platforms that allows people with big followings, like TPR, to connect with their fans!

I was one of those people who rarely used Twitter. I have since started using it more (explained in a moment), but my main reason for giving up on it was that I didn't have a lot of followers (and still don't) so it felt pointless to post because no one really cared or ever saw what I posted. Since I never went on to post, I stopped browsing my feed as well.

This is why I've been using it more:

Twitter, IMO, is still the only real social media platform in which you can have real direct contact with whatever organization you are following, and the only one that (for the most part) does not throttle the content you see.

I've started posting and tagging pages or conversations so that I can interact more directly with those people. For example, I often go on to post or read comments about TV shows or season finales, and when do I go on, I see a lot of TPR posts as well. However, I still get most of my TPR content from this site or Facebook.

I hope that makes sense and is helpful to you.

I've been a regular twitter user since 2008.

I really like it when there are TPR events and trips and I can just quick hope to your page and look at all your tweets.

I also use it to keep in contact with people, and interact with brands as well. I find it very streamlined in the way I can directly interact with people (and it's easier to find stuff too)