TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's RCT/NL Track Pack Contest Coming Soon!

It really isn't fair to the individuals who actually put in hard work, if someone who is smart at math and can punch numbers wins, even though they are a crappy NL builder. This is a NO LIMITS Competition...not a AHG, Elementary, Purg, or Track smoother competition.

I think you're just jealous. Besides, why do you have to be good at handbuilding to be good designing? I don't think Intamin handbuilds their rides first...

I say, if you know what numbers to punch, punch 'em. You shouldn't be penalized for knowing how to do something somebody else doesn't.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're just jealous. Besides, why do you have to be good at handbuilding to be good designing? I don't think Intamin handbuilds their rides first...

I say, if you know what numbers to punch, punch 'em. You shouldn't be penalized for knowing how to do something somebody else doesn't.

How am I being jealous? You are implying that I don't know how to use tools, which isn't true one bit!

Its like you guys want training wheels to be allowed in a BMX race, because you can pettle fast enough, but when push comes to shove, you still cant keep your balance.

... I like that analogy!

I think there is obvious intrest, the issue is trying to make it fit for everyone

I think we should do what a wise man once told me when I started the first comps here on TPR, "Keep it Simple", I should have listened

I think that we should just have a very basic coaster comp, as opposed to what we had here before, and increasing complicated one, that didn't work out so well

Simple is the way to go, try to make it fun, thats the main thing, have the players create "a wooden coaster", or just embark on a theme " a western themed wooden coaster"

it gives the players a chance to theme the rides, with minimal restrictions

thats just my opinion

Chris

It really isn't fair to the individuals who actually put in hard work, if someone who is smart at math and can punch numbers wins, even though they are a crappy NL builder. This is a NO LIMITS Competition...not a AHG, Elementary, Purg, or Track smoother competition.

It really isn't fair to the individuals who actually put hard work in calculus, if someone who is smart at handbuilding and can shift vertices wins, because tools are ruled out. This is a NO LIMITS Competition...

Come on, how ignorant dare you to be? "Mathing" some NL coaster can get very tough, especially when trying to achieve fluent and realistic transitions. People who *finally* are able to calculate some parts of their tracks have put tons of efforts into understanding how to do it, yet they have to *find* out the according numbers again and again for each new piece of track.

You say "punching in numbers". This only shows that you are either not willing or not able to understand what these "tools" are about. And you simply forget that this is all about FUN! Each person mangling NL has his very own way of having this fun.

So you speak up and demand rules to deny others their fun??? Shame on you!

redunzelizer

Hey there! Sorry for not responding earlier. The idea is not dead, not by any means! There were just things that have gotten in the way....Pick N Mix contest, Asia Trip, um....Asia Trip....well, you see!

After the 1st of the year, we'll do this, I swear. And it will kick ass! Or....it at least will try not to suck.....that much.

Thanks for your patience!

--Robb

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

yeah, it ended up not being fun at all

I believ though that with Robb and Elissa's involment, not only would it get credibility, but it can be watched over and hopefully be alot of fun

we will have to wait and see what happenes, but I hope it does