TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Rocky Mountain Construction 2017?

What coasters would you like to see RMC convert/ good candidates?

Cedar Fair:

Hurler 1994- Kings Dominion - SBNO in 2016 season

Hurler 1994 - Carrowinds

Canadian Mine Buster 1981 - CA Wonderland

The Racer 1981 - Kings Island

Six Flags:

Monstre - LaRonde

GA Cyclone 1990 or Great American Scream Machine 1973 - SFOG

Roar 1999 - SFA

American Eagle 1981 - SFGAm

Predator 1990 - Darien Lake - needs help but likely too pricey for a them to afford

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Both woodies at Wonderland suck but I do think Mine Buster is infinitely worse. I agree with basically everything you suggested except for Racer but I won't speak for SFOG since I haven't been there.

I'd love to see them fix up Monstre, though it won't be able to double duel like Twisted Colossus. After week one I'm sure that La Ronde will run 1 train on it forever, open it 2 hours after the park opens for no reason, close the line way before the park closes and average 7 minute dispatches on the 1 train that's actually running once they cannibalize the others for parts.

I LOVE the color!

I find it amusing that even when Cedar Point is finally going to build a brown steel coaster they are going to be the stubbron b*stards they are and include a shade of red to it.

I'm still waiting for either a full blue or yellow rmc or a topper track that has colorful running surface. I'm so sick of the red/brown thing! Plus cedar point now has 5 red/orange/brownish roller coasters including this conversion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RMC track at mean streak. Also KD just teased at their 2018 plans for Hurler with a video stating 'rest in peace for now, 2018.

[pic]

Would those for sure be the track and not the cross ties? I was hoping the Mean Streak conversion would be to topper track to keep the ride a wood coaster.

How many roller coasters do you think Cedar Fair is going to close for RMC...? I hope this isn't turning into six flags.

Why? Six Flags closed a bunch of mediocre / bad wood coasters and made them amazing. Cedar Fair so far is doing the same. I mean look, I loved Mean Streak, but most people didn't and a ride with only one good row on the entire train is kind of ridiculous.

It's not like Cedar Fair is planning to Iron Horse the Beast, Blue Streak or Renegade. If a wood coaster is fun and has a unique layout then it's not going anywhere (See Ghostrider), but I love the idea of taking unpopular, rough wood coasters with no historical value at all and making them world class rides. Honestly most wood coasters from the 70's, 80's and early 90's are pretty mediocre (except relocations like Comet and Phoenix which really don't count). That was kind of a dull period of wood coaster design. Tons of parks have them lumbering along but aside from the Beast and probably 1 or 2 coasters I'm probably forgetting none of them are all that impressive and that's generally what RMC is focused on here.

Valid point. I really didn't see the reason for closing roar though. That's what I was going for. It was a GCI and not that old. Cedar fair I totally understand where your coming from. They'd never close Rebel Yell for Iron Horse. They aren't six flags.

I agree with you on Roar. I'm sure it's better now but I do think it's kind of strange to close a pretty popular GCI for an RMC. I don't see Cedar Fair doing that though.

RMC track at mean streak. Also KD just teased at their 2018 plans for Hurler with a video stating 'rest in peace for now, 2018.

[pic]

Would those for sure be the track and not the cross ties? I was hoping the Mean Streak conversion would be to topper track to keep the ride a wood coaster.

Thats for sure Iron Horse track. They havent kept a single wooden coaster as a steel coasters, same as they havent done a single groun up Iron Horse. If it aint broke don't fix it (irony I know (double pun))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many roller coasters do you think Cedar Fair is going to close for RMC...? I hope this isn't turning into six flags.

I hope this does turn into a Six Flags type thing. Look how many "meh" coasters Six Flags changed into amazing, crazy, extreme coasters. If Cedar Fair is doing the same thing, it means there are some awesome coasters coming in the future. Awesome coasters that will use an already existing footprint, which leaves room for more additions in the future.

If anyone is complaining about Cedar Fair taking the Six Flags approach and RMCing old, tired, dated coasters into new cutting edge thrill rides are either insane, or have never been on an RMC . . . Or both.

If anyone is complaining about Cedar Fair taking the Six Flags approach and RMCing old, tired, dated coasters into new cutting edge thrill rides are either insane, or have never been on an RMC . . . Or both.

Or they're sadomasochists who quite enjoy the slow, pulsing, violent crunching of their naughty bits.

Or they're sadomasochists who quite enjoy the slow, pulsing, violent crunching of their naughty bits.

I hope this does turn into a Six Flags type thing. Look how many "meh" coasters Six Flags changed into amazing, crazy, extreme coasters. If Cedar Fair is doing the same thing, it means there are some awesome coasters coming in the future. Awesome coasters that will use an already existing footprint, which leaves room for more additions in the future.

Some people just want to complain. RMC revitalization of woodies that have lost their luster has been an enthusiasts dream. The best coasters SF has added over the last 6 years are arguably most of their RMC's . CF has a bunch of great RMC candidates and SF still still has quite a few too.

Cedar Fair

2017 Mean Streak(IMO) 2018 Hurler - KD

FutureRMC's I'd like to see : Canadian Mine Buster - Wonderland, The Racer - KI, Hurler - Carrowinds

Six Flags

Future RMC' I'd like to see: Monstre - LaRonde, GA Cyclone or Great Amricam Machine - SFOG, Roar - SFA, American Eagle - SFGAm

Some people just want to complain. RMC revitalization of woodies that have lost their luster has been an enthusiasts dream. The best coasters SF has added over the last 6 years are arguably most of their RMC's . CF has a bunch of great RMC candidates and SF still still has quite a few too.

Cedar Fair

2017 Mean Streak(IMO) 2018 Hurler - KD

FutureRMC's I'd like to see : Canadian Mine Buster - Wonderland, The Racer - KI, Hurler - Carrowinds

Six Flags

Future RMC' I'd like to see: Monstre - LaRonde, GA Cyclone or Great Amricam Machine - SFOG, Roar - SFA, American Eagle - SFGAm

Kings Island's Racer is fine how it is. Did someone ride a wheel seat?

No. No it's not. Racer is awful!! We rode it once, and will never ride it again (unless it gets RMCed.)

I'm all for an RMC Racer!!

#MakeKingsIslandGreatAgain

No. No it's not. Racer is awful!! We rode it once, and will never ride it again (unless it gets RMCed.)

I'm all for an RMC Racer!!

#MakeKingsIslandGreatAgain

I'm not too sure if I agree about that. Racer has too great of a historical value and it would be foolish of KI to RMC it just like that. In fact, Racer was THE coaster that revitalized wooden roller coasters.

IMO, if they really had to make it good *again*, they could just do what they did with Ghostrider.

Then again, see Twisted Colossus.