TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Rocky Mountain Construction 2017?

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fred Grubb, the founder of RMC, has always seemed awkward and disinterested when doing interviews, so it wouldn't surprise me if he has an inclination for being slightly cocky or even egotistical. We all know that Alan Schilke is a little off his rocker in terms of his ideas and modus operandi, but he seems like the kind who would want everyone to know about his insane creations ASAP.

Screenshot_2016-09-18-20-11-53-1.thumb.png.0ae33db8ab116c0c8ef4b87f08ddfdd2.png

So now we have a confirmed RMC of Mean Streak at CP, reported sightings of Fred Grubb/RMC at both Silverwood and Kennywood, and potential future projects at Kings Dominion and Darien Lake. Does anyone else know of any potential future projects at specific parks by RMC, Gravity Group, or GCI?

KBrylczyk that's actually a great point! With Eejanaika being another Alan Schilke creation at the same park, them being down with S&S adding a couple more elements and ejector airtime hills as Dodonpa's new finale actually makes a ton of sense, but it would be costly and draw Schilke's precious time away from his RMC designs.

So now we have a confirmed RMC of Mean Streak at CP, reported sightings of Fred Grubb/RMC at both Silverwood and Kennywood, and potential future projects at Kings Dominion and Darien Lake. Does anyone else know of any potential future projects at specific parks by RMC, Gravity Group, or GCI?

I think GCI may be working with Kings Island. How credible are these 'reports' at Kennywood, Silverwood, and Darien Lake? It seems to me that all a park needs to confirm an RMC is a wooden roller coaster that could be improved.

^The idea of compressed air launch system has been there before Alan Schilke started to design coasters. Yes he is currently one of the best designers but don't forget about other great designers.

Not sure how polyurethane wheels would perform on Dodonpa's track though, the tires they've been using have huge friction that slows down the train a lot. If they extend the track, something's gotta be done with the wheels I think.