TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Rocky Mountain Construction 2017?

So with most of the major american chains having made their 2017 announcements, I can't help but notice that this year has so far been completely void of RMC conversions and ground ups. What gives?

Does anyone have any predictions or speculation as to where RMC will be working in 2017, if they'll be working at all? I'd hate for 2017 to be a year with no new RMC coasters.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, in an Interview with Alan Shilke at iappa a couple years back he stated that RMC had 4 projects for 2017. I don't think this includes 4d free spins, given that he also said there were 3 projects for 2016, and they were hoping to get another one in their(like they did). Also, on RMC's instagram page they posted some pics of the factory, and you can see what is clearly Iron horse track(its a flat turn, so it cant be a 4d). In another pic they show a machine manufacturing parts that, according to the caption, are for a train.

Well, in an Interview with Alan Shilke at iappa a couple years back he stated that RMC had 4 projects for 2017. I don't think this includes 4d free spins, given that he also said there were 3 projects for 2016, and they were hoping to get another one in their(like they did). Also, on RMC's instagram page they posted some pics of the factory, and you can see what is clearly Iron horse track(its a flat turn, so it cant be a 4d). In another pic they show a machine manufacturing parts that, according to the caption, are for a train.

I'm assuming this is the post you mean. I see that track to the left which does indeed look like a flat turn. I wonder why the 2017 announcements have been thus far withheld. Especially if its an Iron Horse redo since all of their groun up rides are topper track.

I've actually wondered why there have been no ground up Iron Horse coasters and no Topper Track conversion. I don't see any reason either wouldn't be possible other than parks simply not ordering them.

RMC was too busy in Tennessee to make any plans for next year...

Having ridden that installment, they can get 'too busy' in my backyard at their earliest convenience haha.

Do you guys really thing it could be Mean Streak. I guess it's for sure a possibility, and if any cedar fair park would invest back to back like that it would be Cedar Point, but it still just feels a little too far fetched for me. It would be awesome though, since I'm moving north next year and Cedar Point will be a hop skip and a jump away.

I'm on the opposite side of the fence. I don't think Mean Streak is gonna get the RMC treatment at all. I personally think they'll demolish it and put a GCI coaster in its spot but that's just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be a seriously stupid move by Cedar Point, considering they could create the fastest, longest, most bad assed hybrid in the world.

Also, is there anyway you can get rid of your Tapatalk signature. Super annoying.

So with most of the major american chains having made their 2017 announcements, I can't help but notice that this year has so far been completely void of RMC conversions and ground ups. What gives?

Oh you didn't hear?

Word on the street is that much like with Cedar Fair and Intamin, HFE doesn't work with RMC any more because of all the problems they had on past rides. Cedar Fair doesn't either since they saw what happened with Lightning Rod and don't want to end up in another Intamin situation where (based on the rumors from super credible sources) Matt Ouimet gets piss drunk at the Thirsty Pony and gets in a fist fight with Alan Schilke like he did with the CEO of Intamin after the Shoot the Rapids incident and I305 and Maverick "disasters" with the minor reprofiling. This is why Cedar Fair will never work with Intamin again.

All new American coasters will likely be built by GCI, B&M, S&S or Pinfari for the time being. I'm not saying they'll never work with RMC again but right now it doesn't look good.

It really annoys me that people think the that only parks that would be able to get an RMC coaster are Six Flags or Cedar Fair. Maybe this next round of projects are going to parks that were waiting patiently for an RMC but couldn't get one yet because they were booked up with lots of other recent projects?

I have a feeling some upcoming non Six Flags, non Cedar Fair announcements will pleasantly surprise people.

Think about it. Did anyone see Storm Chaser coming?

Be patient. I know it's hard for some of you. But just be patient...

Oh you didn't hear?

Word on the street is that much like with Cedar Fair and Intamin, HFE doesn't work with RMC any more because of all the problems they had on past rides. Cedar Fair doesn't either since they saw what happened with Lightning Rod and don't want to end up in another Intamin situation where (based on the rumors from super credible sources) Matt Ouimet gets piss drunk at the Thirsty Pony and gets in a fist fight with Alan Schilke like he did with the CEO of Intamin after the Shoot the Rapids incident and I305 and Maverick "disasters" with the minor reprofiling. This is why Cedar Fair will never work with Intamin again.

All new American coasters will likely be built by GCI, B&M, S&S or Pinfari for the time being. I'm not saying they'll never work with RMC again but right now it doesn't look good.

I'm sorry but outside of Lightning Rod, what MAJOR problems have RMCs had? The sensor delays this year on The Joker are because six flags does in house sensors, so that's their own fault, and the Texas Giant incident was employee error (and those weren't even RMC trains anyway). What other problems have RMC really run into? Their rides outside of Lightning Rod seem to have been completed and in working order pretty quickly.

Oh you didn't hear?

I'm sorry but outside of Lightning Rod, what MAJOR problems have RMCs had? The sensor delays this year on The Joker are because six flags does in house sensors, so that's their own fault, and the Texas Giant incident was employee error (and those weren't even RMC trains anyway). What other problems have RMC really run into? Their rides outside of Lightning Rod seem to have been completed and in working order pretty quickly.

Okay, I'm going to do something I rarely do and completely tear down the fourth wall. Let me walk you through my entire thought process as it relates to this thread.

"Holy sh*t what a stupid thread. They're working on a ton of Free Spins, and possibly Mean Streak plus they could be working on a ton of international projects or projects for small parks. Should I justify this with a serious response or just be a sarcastic a**hole like normal and mock the actual posts that will probably start showing up?"

"You know what... sarcasm is funnier when it's not obvious but since people are so conditioned to asinine posts like "Cedar Fair won't work with Intamin anymore" I should add something ridiculous like a bar fight at the Thirsty Pony so nobody could possibly take this post seriously".

"Oh are you F**king kidding me??????? It's too early for this."

Do you see how Robb posted after me and didn't rip me a new a**hole? If there was any chance that I was being serious he would have done that and then probably banned me for my unbelievable stupidity and he would have been entirely right to do so. But if you've seen any of my other posts basically ever you would know that I was being completely sarcastic (though pretty soon posts will start showing up saying the same thing minus the bar fight and they'll be entirely serious). Consider the source.

'Does anyone have any predictions or speculation as to where RMC will be working in 2017, if they'll be working at all? I'd hate for 2017 to be a year with no new RMC coasters.'

Should be rewritten 'Does anyone have any predictions or speculation as to where RMC will be working in 2017, if they'll be working on any custom coasters at all? I'd hate for 2017 to be a year with no new RMC branded roller coasters using topper track or iron horse track.

Better?

Do you see how Robb posted after me and didn't rip me a new a**hole? If there was any chance that I was being serious he would have done that and then probably banned me for my unbelievable stupidity and he would have been entirely right to do so. But if you've seen any of my other posts basically ever you would know that I was being completely sarcastic (though pretty soon posts will start showing up saying the same thing minus the bar fight and they'll be entirely serious). Consider the source.

Again, I say... Never change, friend.