TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Food

^ Summer Shandy it is, then!

I was introduced to the grapefruit shandy this past summer and really liked it. I actually liked it better than the lemon, although they were both way better than I ever expected (I'm not a huge wheat beer fan).

I seemed to recall getting an $11 Heinie at that Granny place near the ferris wheel. Now that I think about it, it does sound kinda weird to say I got some Heinie at Granny's!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I trust SF's maintenance but not their food service. I'm not a fan of preservatives and have been vegan most of my adult life, so I avoid "fast" food. I prefer a big meal AFTER riding coasters ...

If California votes to legalize cannabis (on the ballot this fall) will they will add this to their bars where they serve alcohol?

^ My guess would be absolutely no way in hell...but I am sure that coasters and cannabis would be an interesting possibility for some enthusiasts though!

To my knowledge, I don't believe that any state where it is legal (also Amsterdam) allows alcohol and cannabis to be sold in the same store. Don't ask me how I know this however....I think a little birdie told me.

I trust SF's maintenance but not their food service. I'm not a fan of preservatives and have been vegan most of my adult life, so I avoid "fast" food. I prefer a big meal AFTER riding coasters ...

If California votes to legalize cannabis (on the ballot this fall) will they will add this to their bars where they serve alcohol?

Extremely doubtful, since it's still prohibited by the federal government.

have been vegan most of my adult life

Nobody cares.

In your last 10 posts you've mentioned GMO's, the problems with disposable cups, the problems with disposable cups containing high fructose corn syrup attracting bees and why we should go to the hot bar at Whole Foods before going to Six Flags to avoid propylene glycol. We get it. Good for you. I'm all for eating healthy but please take it down a notch. I assure you that nobody cares.

Why is every vegan obsessed with making sure everyone knows that they're a vegan?

Edited by coasterbill

Nobody cares.

In your last 10 posts you've mentioned GMO's, the problems with disposable cups, the problems with disposable cups containing high fructose corn syrup attracting bees and why we should go to the hot bar at Whole Foods before going to Six Flags to avoid propylene glycol. We get it. Good for you. I'm all for eating healthy but please take it down a notch. I assure you that nobody cares.

Why is every vegan obsessed with making sure everyone knows that they're a vegan?

Not obsessed with this at all.

Actually more concerned about the additives in fast food than animal products.

And have learned the hard way that eating before riding is not a good idea, at least not for me.

Glad my "local" SF park (SFDK) is getting what is probably the chain's best addition for 2017 (unless I'm wrong about the 4d rides, I understand they're supposed to be better than SFMM's green lantern, which I did not like). Maxair is my favorite flat ride, looking forward to trying the SFDK version next year.

Nobody cares.

first-rule-of-vegan-club.jpg.44adcc19ad7dc240365d776dc8cb4e73.jpg

Add this to the many reasons I'm glad I moved out of Southern California.*

*NOTE - I've known hundreds of vegans while I lived in SoCal. I can think of exactly TWO who aren't obnoxious as f**k about it!

Edited by robbalvey

Nobody cares.

Truth! I was half tempted to tell him I know where he is coming from, since I eat a mostly Paleolithic diet on my non cheat park days. However, I realized no one cares. Sometimes people like to eat sh*t food. No one is mistaking park food for healthy food. I don't pretend to be eating healthy or caring when I eat a plate full of chicken wings and drink several beers. Sometimes I just want to live and enjoy, regardless of how shitty it makes me feel later.

I can't speak for Six Flags food... only dining plan for Cedar Point... the Panda Express bowl was good...

or I usually get a chicken sandwich each day, then sometimes a salad, or fries depending on my mood.

I couldn't get time off for West Coast Bash this year, but hoping I will next year. I'm headed to KBF & SFMM next month, so I'll try and remember to post some SF food thoughts

1612749596_lunchpandaexpress.thumb.jpg.78925e27d924d91ddb1d8c8d7fc01ccf.jpg

1756816346_LunchatCP.thumb.jpg.198b733058a283b055fb73e6ceda4e56.jpg

Macho Nacho is my go to place at SFGAdv since I have the dining pass. Burgers at Garden State Grill are good and I'm always a big Nathan's fan. Panda Express at SFGAdv is great because it has a more extensive menu (i.e.: Beijing Beef, Honey Walnut Shrimp) than many locations at other Six Flags parks

At SFNE, JB's SmokeHouse is my go to place for food and always has super cold air conditioning.

• 4 weeks later...

^ I've heard several people from the Northeast mention Wawa. I Googled it, so I know it's a convenience store, but does it actually have good food? Or is it just a matter of saying that crappy convenience store food is better than Six Flags (which is actually true). In Missouri, we have Kum 'n' Go and Casey's General Store. I don't know if those are in the Northeast, but if they are, does Wawa compare?

Kum 'n' Go

Come on. That's not really a thing. You're just screwing with us. They wouldn't really have named it that. Right? Lol

Anyway Wawa really is awesome and it's a bit of a religion in the Mid Atlantic. The food is solid but when combined with the fact that they're 24 hours with a full menu and ridiculously convenient they're pretty much unbeatable. Somebody will show up soon and say something asinine about Sheetz being better but ignore them. They're sh*theads.

As someone who recently moved away from the Philadelphia area with Wawa stores everywhere into an area with just Sheetz and no Wawa locations, I would take Wawa any day, it's not even close. I think I have gone to Sheetz twice in the last 6 months. I sometimes usually stop at Wawa after a Great Adventure or Dorney trip to bring back hoagies for me and other family members that also miss Wawa.

^ I've heard several people from the Northeast mention Wawa. I Googled it, so I know it's a convenience store, but does it actually have good food?

It is ok, it is only good if it is three in the morning and you are drunk.

^ I've heard several people from the Northeast mention Wawa. I Googled it, so I know it's a convenience store, but does it actually have good food?

It is ok, it is only good if it is three in the morning and you are drunk.

We all love Larry but please keep in mind that he doesn't think Cesari's at Knoebels is all that great either so his taste buds may be broken. Lol

In all seriousness he's not entirely wrong. Wawa is really good but it's not like you'll mistake it for a NYC deli. It's biggest selling point is it's hours but I do prefer it to the chain sandwich shops like Subway (ugh) and Jersey Mikes. They also have some other cool perks like no surcharge ATM's and free air. For a gas station they pretty much reign supreme.

Wawa in and of itself is great - most have gas stations now(the original Philly locations were just corner stores but Wawa in that gas game now), bathrooms, free ATM's, but the food is meh most of the time. But after a long park day or yes as Larry said if you're drunk and just need something it comes in handy. And they are everywhere which is nice for long drives, a quick stop , etc.

They are everywhere in Philly, I've always either worked or lived nearby one of them. At our new house I have two - both a 10 minute walk in either direction. But I won't go there for a hoagie unless I am desperate, not when I have 20 other awesome real deal hoagie spots right around here.

Every region has to have something. For whatever reason, the Mid-Atlantic region is bereft of its own significant regional chain restaurants, so in their place, there's Wawa and Sheetz. I like both and have determined not to have a preference since they basically do the same exact thing for me.