what do you think  

1. 1. what do you think

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I say put it out of it's misery.

It's really sad. Because when I rode it in Texas with the accordian restraints there was NOTHING wrong with it! I don't know what people were complaining about!

Now the ride, when running is just uncomfortable and frustrating.

It's a great ride, and I mean GREAT ride in it's original form, but we all know that is gone now.

--Robb

I have to Veto the Knoebels comment, there are a couple other more suitable vintage Anton creations that I would much rather see Dick get. A 1980's bastardized painful ride is not on my list.

I agree. I actually wouldn't mind Knoebel's simply picking up a decent shuttle loop knowing it would preserve one of those forever....

-Robb

I had heard something about Dick wanting to buy Olympia Looping but with the dollar being so weak he wanted to hold off. This was before the Flying Turns thing came about though, so that may be off the table

If Knoebels got a Schwarzkopf I would definately trek back up there. Heck, even a shuttle loop like Robb said would be great!!

- Joe, who was sad that Taz's Texas Tornado was closed on his trip to Astroworld

Don't tear it down! 1. Its the only one of its type in the world. 2. Its the only credit at SFMW I don't have! Instead of turning it into scrap metal, FIX IT!!!!!!!!

Kevin"Hoping this SBNO for Zonga is making it better"Bujold

i just went to six flags mw last week and i had horrible time i think its worse then sfmm, didnt help i tried to get on V2 i think it is and the seat belt wouldnt latch so i had to get off!

Im not a small guy but ive never had a problem getting on any other coaster so it was embarssing to say the least.

Don't tear it down! 1. Its the only one of its type in the world. 2. Its the only credit at SFMW I don't have! Instead of turning it into scrap metal, FIX IT!!!!!!!!

Kevin"Hoping this SBNO for Zonga is making it better"Bujold

While I'm not sure, based on how the train has been sitting in the station with the restraints open and waiting for riders, I'm pretty sure SFMW could just power up, cycle it a couple times and open it. If they were planning on keeping it closed all year, I wish they had taken the train off the track. It just sits there waiting for something to happen.

Out of all of the times I've been to SFMW, I think I've seen it actually running with people in it twice. And my friends who have been on it said it was pretty painful.

So since I've never actually been on it, I don't really have an opinion about what they do with it, but getting it to work might be a good start.

hell, move it sfmm, that's what they did with flashback.

It would be identical to Flashback, it would never run except maybe once every three years. SFMW is just wasting space by keeping Zonga there. Either give it to Knobels, put it back in WAY better condition, or scrap it.

---Brent 8)