TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags 2017 New Ride Predictions

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since there is already a Cedar Fair thread, I'll do Six Flags.

Magic Mountain: Tough one. In order of probability: 1. Justice League 2. Flat package 3. 20th coaster.

Discovery Kingdom: Major flat ride (drop tower of some sorts?).

Over Texas: S&S 4D Free Spin.

Fiesta Texas: Another tough one. This park may surprise us and add a new quarry wall coaster.

St. Louis: S&S 4D Free Spin.

Great America: Major flat ride. Maybe a Sky Screamer or Larson Loop.

Over Georgia: Justice League.

Mexico: S&S 4D Free Spin. If not, a Larson Loop.

Great Adventure: Justice League.

America: Relocated flats from SFGAm. Possibly a Sky Screamer as well?

New England: S&S 4D Free Spin.

Great Escape: Nothing major. Maybe a small flat ride or water park addition.

It seems a little weird to have 4 Free Spins in one year, but all 4 parks seem to be pointing to that. I wouldn't be surprised if one or more of them were the larger extended models.

It's possible that there will be more than that. Rumors are swirling that six flags ordered around six of them.

I would love to see Six Flags go super duper light on everything next year, then in 2019, do a YEAR OF COASTERS!!!!!!! Thats where every single park gets a new coaster!!!! It could be a kiddie coaster, it could be an RMC T-Rex, who knows.... BUT ITS A COASTER!!!!

I would love to see Six Flags go super duper light on everything next year, then in 2019, do a YEAR OF COASTERS!!!!!!! Thats where every single park gets a new coaster!!!! It could be a kiddie coaster, it could be an RMC T-Rex, who knows.... BUT ITS A COASTER!!!!

Would you count a Larson super loop as light?

And that year of coasters could all be Larson Loops!!

I'm still betting that Six Flags Magic Mountain doesn't get a Justice League. Even the park knows that they don't cater to that demographic. Even though it would be nice to have (AC!!) I just don't see it. Especially with all that open space they cleared. I'm really really hoping for a flat package. We really, like REALLY need it. I could see them going the way of coaster #20, but we don't really need it at this point.

Imagine having dueling Larson Loopers...

INTERLOCKING dueling Larson Loopers!

office-no.gif

Non- inverting Larson looper or Inverted Larson looper.

^I think both of those already exist, just not in Larson Looper format.

What if we put several Larson Loopers all interlocked with one Looper and made it look like a set of keys?

I think Screamscape is being a tad over-zealous. According to them Six Flags is rumored to get 5 S&S 4Ds, an RMC of the other Roar, and 3 Justice Leagues. I don't think Six Flags is planning on that much capital spending for 2017.

True and that doesn't even cover every park and I'm sure every park is going to get something.

I don't care which Six Flags park it is, but I really want to see a Six Flags park put in a RMC T-Rex coaster for 2017.

I'd love to see that too! anything to break up the monotony of so many 4D and JL announcements! Both look like awesome rides, but we need that one or two punch like we got with Twisted Colossus and Wicked Cyclone.

I think Screamscape is being a tad over-zealous. According to them Six Flags is rumored to get 5 S&S 4Ds, an RMC of the other Roar, and 3 Justice Leagues. I don't think Six Flags is planning on that much capital spending for 2017.

I agree. I don't see them investing in more than 2 per year.

I agree. I don't see them investing in more than 2 per year.

I could see the three JL rides, the rmc roar, and at most 3 4D's. With a flat ride package thrown in.

I really really really want RMC Roar, but I don't know if I see it happening. Something smaller seems much more likely for SFA. Maybe a few new flatrides.

Hopefully corporate realizes this park needs a new coaster. Being a gold pass holder I visit almost every weekend and the lines for jokers jinx are atrocious especially during fright fest. The park really needs a new coaster to alleviate long waits on a few coasters.

Lets be honest, who cares what six flags is adding??

The irony is you opened and responded to the thread before anyone else could.

So its obvious someone cares.

^Probably not, but maybe we will get lucky and Six Flags will realize Cedar Fair is onto something by adding B&Ms as they are capacity monsters and have long term reliability and quality.

Isn't X-Flight at Six Flags Great America the only B&M added to the chain since Goliath at SFOG and La Ronde in 2006?

I don't think the chances are that high, but X-Flight kind of came out of no where so there is always a chance I guess...