TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New "Infinity" ride from KMG

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Guessing it's not even road legal to travel in the U.S. (too heavy). Looks amazing!

Any reason the weight limits for big rigs are different between the U.S. and Germany/Europe? I looked it up, and can't find much information.

Just curious, as whenever these new flat rides are built, the topic of them always being too heavy to be allowed to travel the u.S. Is brought up.

As far as I can tell, it was built into the law when we created our national highway program in the 1950's for the purpose of preserving the roads. Given the state of hour highways, doesn't seem like it has helped...

^seems like a good idea... But also a little odd. Everything I've read about how the trucks run in Europe makes it seem like their regulations are more restrictive. Plus, laws asside, the roads in Europe are much narrower (and older, I'd imagine) in Europe. Seems like the US roads by design are made to carry larger loads, not smaller ones.

Either way, this ride looks fantastic. If a Travelling version won't be allowed into North America, let's hope a park model gets built.

As far as I can tell, it was built into the law when we created our national highway program in the 1950's for the purpose of preserving the roads. Given the state of hour highways, doesn't seem like it has helped...

Our poor crumbling infrastructure. "Another bridge collapsed today after four trucks carrying a KMG Infinity ride attempted to cross it..."

This thing is insane!!! I'm not sure I could handle it.. the lateral g-force on the chest coming down if you are at the side must be nuts!! I've been on the KMG Nemesis 360 ( it goes by that name ) that has a similar look.. but the seats can be released so they can sway much like a ( Mondail TopScan - Space Roller common traveling name ) and it goes all the way around to the top and they just leave you up there while the gondola arms are spinning.. its great.. but this.. hmmmm almost 200ft high in the air.. I'm not so sure... KMG's Tango is also one of the scariest flat rides I've ever been on.

The most intense ( and I don't think I'll ever ride it again ) is the Technical Park Pegasus 16 ( it goes by many different traveling names.. ) that one literally had me terrified..

Paul

THAT IS FREAKING INSANE!

I actually didn't believe it would go fully vertical until I saw it. It made no sense to me how something so big could invert like that, with such an average looking motor and such a small counterweight. Looks like the ride cycle is super long too, I wonder how much it is to ride? I'd prolly pay up to $20 for a ride.

I would definitely ride it...ONCE!

Thanks for sharing!

Imagine this thing got stuck.. while it was inverted.. I mean it could happen.. The Mondail Topscan ( Space Roller ) broke down here at the Dade County Fair once right at the top of the arc with riders on board...

Imagine being stuck on that arm upside down.. 200 feet high in the air.. lol

Paul

Imagine this thing got stuck.. while it was inverted.. I mean it could happen.. The Mondail Topscan ( Space Roller ) broke down here at the Dade County Fair once right at the top of the arc with riders on board...

Imagine being stuck on that arm upside down.. 200 feet high in the air.. lol

Paul

Topscans have a bigger motors compared to weight and it actually has a properly weighted counterweight

This may be a dumb question but when they say it's almost 200 ft tall is that the pendulum length or how high it is when it is fully inverted? I'm trying to fathom the pendulum being 200 ft then inverting and riders are upside down at 400 ft. That's like TTD kind of tall!

Common sense applies hear.

This may be a dumb question but when they say it's almost 200 ft tall is that the pendulum length or how high it is when it is fully inverted? I'm trying to fathom the pendulum being 200 ft then inverting and riders are upside down at 400 ft. That's like TTD kind of tall!

Common sense applies hear.

First I might take you seriously except you used the wrong "here". Second I prefaced my question by saying that it may be a dumb question, hence acknowledging that I do not know the correct answer and some people may think the question is dumb. However my question is not absurdly stupid. One can not learn if one never asks.

Imagine this thing got stuck.. while it was inverted.. I mean it could happen..

It could, but it never will. I guess it's fun to imagine...

65 Metres are 213 feet..

*is*

You guys with your nitpicky facts, I'd have to swear that's an internet thing started by coaster enthusiasts!