TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New "Infinity" ride from KMG

I haven't seen anything about this ride here on TPR, so I figured I'd give it a share. This new project from manufacturer KMG swings 360 degrees to a height of 61 meters (!!!!) and looks completely bonkers! Seems like it just debuted in the European fair circuit earlier this summer. Congrats to Hoefnagels & Söhne on their fantastic new addition! Anyone been able to experience it yet?

I included some photos from KMG and Hoefnagels & Söhne's social media, as well as a couple video links (not mine) Thanks to Youtube user kirmesfanmopohl for the vids.

image.thumb.jpeg.466a56956f2abbe82d124f9f61f18f9c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9768a9ebd1113881334af8e0003e1bfd.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.44d77b50b45e1a05d6bbb0a7a8d3ad70.jpeg

image.jpeg.acb20def205a5aa71d5fe63ef691e309.jpeg

image.jpeg.c0f3ed866eafd1d013bcef003d85b62c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.78260479b81ea34d2de595aedc01f6af.jpeg

image.jpeg.d953b172800db91eab433ac52c0d708c.jpeg

image.jpeg.c59232e56884463db8ef9dcd4de0fde4.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c1bd09be72484dcff9f5ac26c080b39c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.13f15e3c9d5a15e812f66a1003d7d8c8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b8c7168fd240b5f85d1ca8e472a6e553.jpeg

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

61 meters is roughly 200.131234 feet!! And I thought maXair at Cedar Point was big at 140ft!! I can't imagine a 200ft version!! Looks crazy!! Still too much spinning for me, so. . . Nope!! I'll pass! The lighting package looks awesome though!

Oh the German fairs. I live here and I have honestly never seen fairs/carnivals like it. The rides they build are insane, and every year they get bigger and taller. Haven't had a chance to see the infinity on the circuit yet, but the XXL's from KMG come around a lot and they are also massive!

I have ridden it at the Rheinkirmes in Duesseldorf. It does not only look freaking intense, it actually is. It pulls over 5Gs and I slightly greyed out 3 times on one ride sequence, even though it is allowed to go completely around only one time per ride.

If you want to hear my reaction, you can watch my more or less poor quality POV

It is my second favourite flat ride on fairgrounds now. Just crazy to imagine that this thing is transportable. Looking forward to ride it again!

Oh btw when the Ride is not full swinging, the single gondales swing as well.

@SteelForceless: The smallest models produced bz KMG are called afterburner which swing to a hight of 65 feet. The bigger ones called XXl and are roughly 131 feet tall.

Edited by flaffstar

Wow, that looks incredible. Someone in America, please buy one!

Side note, the base for that looks absolutely tiny, although it's probably just me being used to seeing these type of rides in the US with a massive base.

^^I was thinking the same thing. But it could just be the perspective. I'd imagine the base is similar to what they have on the standard Afterburner models you find here in the states. With Infinity though, the rest of the ride is just so damn tall that it makes the base seem much smaller than it probably is.

Impressive, but seriously all these manufacturers lately just make pendulum or high swing rides or variation. Nothing really different has appeared on the German or European fair circuit in awhile. No new unique flat rides or any new style coasters at all for the fairs.

Impressive, but seriously all these manufacturers lately just make pendulum or high swing rides or variation. Nothing really different has appeared on the German or European fair circuit in awhile. No new unique flat rides or any new style coasters at all for the fairs.

It seems like super-sizing flat rides + extra-long cycles are the differentiating qualities of those Euro fairs, aside from the occasional resurrected Schwarzkopf and some compact death machine from a no-name manufacturer. I remember seeing the "Wild Mouse XXL" and I simultaneously thought, "Cool!" and "The circuit is running out of ideas."

As for the KMG, it looks totally buck-nutty. All the Dramamine in the world wouldn't get my nausea threshold to the point where I could ever ride it. Where was this thing when I was 14?

You make what sells when you are in a niche industry with lots of competition.

This may be a dumb question but when they say it's almost 200 ft tall is that the pendulum length or how high it is when it is fully inverted? I'm trying to fathom the pendulum being 200 ft then inverting and riders are upside down at 400 ft. That's like TTD kind of tall!

This may be a dumb question but when they say it's almost 200 ft tall is that the pendulum length or how high it is when it is fully inverted? I'm trying to fathom the pendulum being 200 ft then inverting and riders are upside down at 400 ft. That's like TTD kind of tall!

It's 200ft when fully inverted

You make what sells when you are in a niche industry with lots of competition.

Agreed. Especially when sometimes it almost seems like there aren't many "new" ideas you could come up with. So why not do something tried and true but scale it up to be the tallest and fastest.

^Guessing it's not even road legal to travel in the U.S. (too heavy). Looks amazing!

Any reason the weight limits for big rigs are different between the U.S. and Germany/Europe? I looked it up, and can't find much information.

Just curious, as whenever these new flat rides are built, the topic of them always being too heavy to be allowed to travel the u.S. Is brought up.