TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[VEKOMA] UPDATED 2022 Something is being built @ Vekoma Vlodrop

If we refer to this image posted earlier in the thread, the triple-spin track is for a portion where the track is angled at 90°.

U mean a triple SPINE track , i assume.

Woops, thank you for noticing that.

And above all, thanks for all the pictures and updates! This is really appreciated, it's not that often that we can witness the rise of a new coaster prototype.

-

A bunch of coasters are "family with an inversion". The Pinfari TL-59 (incl. Indiana Jones at DLP), Storm at Etnaland, a Looping Star from Schwarzkopf... It sure is more thrilling than your standard family ride, but those are nore thrilling white knuckle machines neither.

What I find more surprising, is when SFMM says Superman Escape from Krypton is a family ride.. Or when Walygator put their inflatable structure under the Thrill Ride category.

As for this prototype, I'm with gerstlaueringvar and I vote 360° 7DMT.

Cheetah Hunt?

While the lower-than-typical height restriction certainly makes it accessible to older children and younger teenagers, twisty turns, the zero-G roll and a 60-mph launch don't really scream "family coaster" to me. Valid argument for sure, but I'm not convinced.

The family coaster line is very hard to draw IMO. Powder Keg is considered a family coaster but it is more intense then at least 30% of the thrill coasters out there. California Screamin' is usually considered as a family coaster but the loop on it pulls some nice G's. What about Rock n' Roller Coaster? It has three inversions but plenty of kids ride it.

• 2 weeks later...
On the topic of family coasters with one inversion, I had this one in mind back then that I just found back:

It's a family/kiddy with a heartline roll, wich is pretty weird!

Which coaster is this?!

Not sure, but it was made by I.E. Park, who is no stranger to little coasters, even those with inversions. In terms of layouts they're like a better Pinfari or L&T.

Its like this coaster is allready sold.

And probably placed inside a building or structure, so they have elevate the coaster to the specs of install.

The brown colored structure / supports are allready at the install location and intergrated in the building or structure.

I thought it was for the terrain, but a building actually makes more sense.

Basically, the brown supports are just for the factory set-up, meaning that this coaster is indeed already sold.

But it looks like it only makes a O-shape... Is that the final layout, or maybe they just build a portion to test it out (like they often do), and thus all the H-beams supports are just for that test?

I thought it was for the terrain, but a building actually makes more sense.

Basically, the brown supports are just for the factory set-up, meaning that this coaster is indeed already sold.

But it looks like it only makes a O-shape... Is that the final layout, or maybe they just build a portion to test it out (like they often do), and thus all the H-beams supports are just for that test?

Yes thats correct.

^Thanks for the regular updates!

Cross posting from german forums, because I need more input if my idea is realistic or a tad to crazy.

Looking at the track it seems that the train is driving at the side and below of the track. Of course it could be something like an robocoaster, but another idea came to my mind:

How about an evolution of the seven dwarfs mine train, where the seats are floorless and can actually rotate a full 360. Of course this wouldn't allow for the highest of speeds to regulate the swinging, but do inverted and normal and with some nice theming this could allow for a nice family friendly ride with a little thrill (Star-Wars Land maybe?).

I did some quick sketch up to better explain my idea. Seats can obviously bank in corners to compensate for lateral forces.

vekoma9rspi.png

Red circle = Profile

The headlining Star Wars attraction is supposed to feature the Millennium Falcon, right? The cockpit of the Millennium Falcon is way off to the side, as opposed to most starships where it's in the center. The sideways orientation would give designers opportunity to have train / hull / body / etc theming on the left side of the seating area, much like the Falcon, while leaving the right side open.