TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[VEKOMA] UPDATED 2022 Something is being built @ Vekoma Vlodrop

For all the fans of this topic !!!

I went to Vekoma Vlodrop and took some nice pictures. It seems Vekoma didn't mind to take some pictures, coz they removed some sea containers that blocked the view from Public Roads.

All images & Info : here

Did they replace the twist-element, or simply paint it?

It was black in the earlier photos... now it's red.

I did look back at older pictures, my guess is they just painted it.

We knew that at least a month ago, Energylandia is choosing between Vekoma and Intamin on a mega coaster and this was the design they offered. The earliest post I see related to it on the park thread was at the beginning of October.

This has nothing to do with this topc.

If u like open a new topic about Vekoma Creations.

^Are you getting protective over your thread?

I personally think it is relevant to mention all the other projects at the moment and this revolution of Vekoma. It is great to see innovation meet great design.

Agreed. It's nice to see what Vekoma is working on, and where they are headed as a company, and I'm loving what I'm seeing so far as their new creations.

^Are you getting protective over your thread? I personally think it is relevant to mention all the other projects at the moment and this revolution of Vekoma. It is great to see innovation meet great design.

I think it is unfair to say he is getting protective, he was just stating that its in the wrong topic as clearly this concept isn't being built at Voldrop...

I think would be fine if people talked about other new Vekoma concepts here as well. I don't want to end up following tons of different threads just to find out about each new ride Vekoma makes.

Thats much better as all the Creations in 1 topic, causing a lot of confusion.

As i mentioned earlier please open a new Topic Tread for each new Creation of Vekoma.

Kind regards,

MrRC

We knew that at least a month ago, Energylandia is choosing between Vekoma and Intamin on a mega coaster and this was the design they offered. The earliest post I see related to it on the park thread was at the beginning of October.

This has nothing to do with this topc.

If u like open a new topic about Vekoma Creations.

Um, you have absolutely NO RIGHT to backseat moderate this thread just because you made it. Threads will sometimes take different directions, and that is totally fine. That's just how online forums work. If you can't handle that, you probably shouldn't be posting to a forum. Banned for one week for your attitude and being obnoxious to other members. When your ban is lifted, try being less abrasive towards others. This will be your only warning.

Edited by robbalvey

During my weekly visit @ Vekoma Vlodrop (26th November) i noticed some things :

1.) The whole train was covered with several tarps. By looking at the silhouet of the tarps i could tell "there is something under it"

Maybe some kind of OTSR or seating device.

Sorry no pictures.

2.) The twisted element on the right on the last picture seems painted or coated.

3.) The support that goes over that element has changed, before it was Brownish now its Black.

I remember a while back seeing concept artwork invloving Vekoma making a flying coaster with swiveling train cars for easier loading. I am rather confident that is exactly what this is a prototype for.

U mean this for loading :

And this for unloading : (skip to 00:46)

That just seems so overly complicated. There are so many moving parts lol

It's a lot more simple and a lot faster than the B&M system. The amount of moving parts on the first video is less than a B&M floorless coaster. And for the second video, the seats can be rotated while the train is going (4D coaster style) so that shortened the overall unload/load time compared to the regular Flying Futchmen and B&M flyers. Although I remember a few years ago Vekoma did proposed a solution that the seats tilt back as it approaches the incline of the lift.

Although I remember a few years ago Vekoma did proposed a solution that the seats tilt back as it approaches the incline of the lift.

The "tilting seats on the lift" concept was around at least as early as 2000/01 during X-Flight's announcement at SFWoA, and it's just one of those things that never seemed to see the light of day.

I haven't experienced the funky Stingray, but I'm curious about how much better (more comfortable!) a flying coaster could be with today's tech & design advances. It looks like these innovations could help a bit with lagging load times and overall rider comfort. Vekoma has made big improvements in recent years, but I've never been a fan of flyers across any of the manufacturers. They always felt clunky to me, and can get uncomfortable in a hurry with train stacking of any significance. It also seems like the market for flyers has cooled, but I appreciate that Vekoma is sticking with it.

Although I remember a few years ago Vekoma did proposed a solution that the seats tilt back as it approaches the incline of the lift.

The "tilting seats on the lift" concept was around at least as early as 2000/01 during X-Flight's announcement at SFWoA, and it's just one of those things that never seemed to see the light of day.

I think it did, but it never worked. They then asked Premier Rides (or I think it was...?) to make something reliable, so instead of having the mecanism at the back of the seats, they made something into the station:

During my weekly visit @ Vekoma Vlodrop (26th November) i noticed some things :

1.) The whole train was covered with several tarps. By looking at the silhouet of the tarps i could tell "there is something under it"

Maybe some kind of OTSR or seating device.

Sorry no pictures.

2.) The twisted element on the right on the last picture seems painted or coated.

3.) The support that goes over that element has changed, before it was Brownish now its Black.

Edit : (6th of December 2016)

1.) The whole train was covered with several tarps. But NO signs of something under the tarps some kind of OTSR or seating device.

Sorry no pictures.

The Walt Disney Company has made a special arrangement with the Dutch builder Vekoma attraction. If early information leaks about canceling a new attraction at a Disney theme park, Disney allowed the entire job. That says marketing director Peter van Bilsen.

Disney's secret number one priority. "That kind of information is very sensitive competition," Van Bilsen on BNR News Radio. "We are therefore very careful." On future Disney projects, he may say nothing.

Vekoma produces almost all rides for Disney parks worldwide, including Space Mountain, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Big Thunder Mountain and Expedition Everest. In recent years built the Limburg company include Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Walt Disney World and Tron Light Cycle Power Run in Shanghai Disney.

The director press regularly at heart employees to bring out nothing about ongoing projects. "All information should remain indoors. An amusement park is investing millions and then the same rate in the news ... Then you take away the surprise."

Vekoma went bankrupt in 2001, but is now running again. "First we delivered five to ten rides a year, now that there are fifty. Especially by growing markets in Asia and Eastern Europe." Thanks to new production and design techniques, the roller coasters are also a lot more comfortable than before, says Van Bilsen.

Source (Dutch Language) http://www.looopings.nl