TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Wooden Coaster Collection

With Kings Island announcing their new GCI and claiming the record for the most wood coaster track, it got me thinking... If you could only ride the wooden coasters at any park, where would you most want to go? In other words, what park would have the best collection, with the best mix of both quality and quantity of rides?

I'd have to think a little more, but off the top of my head I'd say Kings Island, Holiday World, Six Flags Great America, maybe even Kennywood, or throw Dollywood into that mix. Kings Dominion has four but Woodstock Express is the only good one.

I'm sure I'm missing some more... thoughts?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol! Oh Knoebels, why must thou be so far away?

Of parks I've been to, Holiday World is the best, with all 3 just phenomenal. Voyage is the best non-RMC I've ever ridden.

Runner up would be Six Flags St. Louis. Boss, Screamin' Eagle, and American Thunder are all great rides. The steel coasters there are hit and miss, but the wood ones are consistently great.

Don't worry everyone! I made it...

Darn it, it was my turn to turn another thread into the Knoebels Appreciation thread this time...

I haven't made it over to Knoebels yet (I know, shame) but to be honest I completely forgot about Flying Turns and was thinking more about parks with three wooden coasters (Dollywood being the exception).

But of the parks I've been to, I might go with Boldikus at this point and say Kennywood.

Pennsylvania as a whole has the best wooden coaster collection of any state I can think of. Hard for me to pick just one park even though Kennywood is my original home park and the nostalgia for Jack Rabbit, Racer and Thunderbolt is high.

Probably Six Flags St.Louis, all 3 are incredibly reridable and The Boss and American Thunder are both severely underrated. Holiday World has the best one two punch with Voyage and Legend, but I think Raven is severely overrated, it's not a bad coaster by any means, but it's just kind of their.

If you could only ride the wooden coasters at any park, where would you most want to go? In other words, what park would have the best collection, with the best mix of both quality and quantity of rides?

Dollywood

I'm going with Knoebels. Phoenix is in my top three, and Twister isn't too shabby, either. Next would be Kennywood, thanks to the uniqueness of its three woodies. As for Holiday World, I think Raven is great, and I enjoy Legend; however, I have little love for Voyage.