TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

INTERACTIVE: Cedar Fair Predictions for 2017

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are sure that Valleyfair will be getting a B&M? We don't seem to see any evidence of that and it's my home park...

It's also my home park, and I'm not even a little sure. I'm not sure about a Triotech dark ride either. Or a flat ride. Or anything, really. I'm simply having fun with my predictions.

Canada's Wonderland: Splashworks addition (drop slide complex), completion of Wild Beast retracking, and Action Theatre conversion to 4D theatre

Carowinds: Addition of five vintage/retro flat rides (Huss Troika and Breakdance, Mondial Top Scan, Zierer Wave Swinger, and Mack Musik Express) and four more rides/attractions

Worlds of Fun: Two vintage/retro rides (Huss Troika and Condor)

Kings Island: GCI Wooden Coaster (already announced) and Gerstlauer Sky Roller

Dorney Park: Gerstlauer Sky Roller

Kings Dominion: Action Theater conversion to 4D theater and Hurler re-opens

California's Great America: Water park renovations and re-theme

Valleyfair: Dark ride or Gerstlauer Sky Roller

Michigan's Adventure: Chance hyper coaster, or Gerstlauer Sky Roller, or Planet Snoopy addition

Knott's Berry Farm: Soak City additions

Cedar Point: Soak City expansion and upgrades

Those are my Cedar Fair parks predictions for 2017.

California's Great America- Dark Ride

Carowinds - Flat ride extravaganza

Canada's Wonderland - Water Park Expansion

Cedar Point- Soak City expansion

DorneyPark- More anniversary stuff such as building upgrades

Kings Dominion- Flat ride

Kings Island- Mystic Timbers

Knott's - Soak City area

Michigan's Adventure- 2nd train officially runs full-time

Valleyfair- Nothing

Worlds of Fun- Flat rides

These predictions are based on what I think will happen and should happen.

*Cedar Point: They should/will add their 19th 'roller coaster', a WATER coaster. I think the ride could sit on that new plot of land created with the removal of the go-karts. Cedar Fair is alway says roller coasters are in Cedar Points DNA; it makes sense that would hold true for their water park. Also in true Cedar Point fashion it would break some record (tallest, fastest, longest). Also Cedar Point's Soak City has to be one of the worst in the chain, so a refresh would help. I DO NOT think anything is happening with Mean Streak.

*Kings Island: Mystic Timbers has already been announced but I would not be surprised if the their second announcement is that they are adding VR to the ride. Its not that tall, or fast and the ride stays low to the ground. It may be a reservation based up charge.

*Carowinds: The flat rides they have been advertising for months and VR on a roller coaster may be their surprise "it is more than you think" announcement.

*Canada's Wonderland: I don't think they are adding anything this year.

*Kings Dominion: Action Theater EA brand ride. Maybe Plants v. Zombies b/c it is close to Planet Snoopy.

*Worlds of Fun: I think they will be getting B&M launched winged coaster.

*Knott's Berry Farm: They have already announced a Soak City expansion. I think that is all they are doing.

*California Great Adventure: Floor less Trains for Vortex

*Valley Fair: I don't think they are adding anything this year.

*Dorney: They are getting the privilege of being the first park to get ride of their Dinosaurs alive attraction

*Michigan's Adventure: 2017 Souvenir Bottles

Michigan's Adventure- 2nd train officially runs full-time

That actually happened today. I was one of the first riders...

But honestly all the jokes about MiA are true: i've been told to not get my hopes up until some infastructual things are fixed.

My predictions for CF's parks: Something except VF and of course MiA.

anyone done a Six Flags 2017 prediction thread yet?

No, no one has done a Six Flags 2017 Prediction Thread yet because... Well, it's Six Flags, and it will probably go something like this:

Those parks who don't have a Larson Loop yet will be getting one for 2017. Those parks without a Justice League: Battle For Metropolis will be getting one for 2017. Lastly, those parks who already have both Larson Loops, and JLBFM will be getting a S&S "Freefly" coaster.

#EndOfNonExistentThread

No, no one has done a Six Flags 2017 Prediction Thread yet because... Well, it's Six Flags, and it will probably go something like this:

Those parks who don't have a Larson Loop yet will be getting one for 2017. Those parks without a Justice League: Battle For Metropolis will be getting one for 2017. Lastly, those parks who already have both Larson Loops, and JLBFM will be getting a S&S "Freefly" coaster.

#EndOfNonExistentThread

Seriously, you nailed it! You could have even added a "Mic Drop" there at the end!

#EndOfNonExistentThread

The interesting part of your sardonic post was that you failed to realize Six Flags had as much variety (if not more) in their 2016 additions as did Cedar Fair.

Six Flags in 2016 added:

RMC Iron Horse

S&S 4D

Revolution refurb

VR headsets

Zamperla giant discovery

Zamperla endeavor

Larson Loopers

Zamperla Disko

Justice Leagues

Larson tilt-a-whirl

Chance falling star

Flying Scooters

Bugs Bunny Boom Town

Water park expansions

Nice try though...

• 2 weeks later...
why is everyone saying 4 flats for Carowinds?

You probably should check the headlines in the Carowinds park thread banner. It's old news by now, but they're getting refurbished carnival rides from Europe. Was announced a while ago to newspapers but not from the park to the public but we all know it's coming.

You mean the headline that says 5 classic flats ??? Now, back to my original question . . . Why is everyone saying 4 flats for Carowinds?

So have any coasters been announced for any Cedar Fair park other than Kings Island?

California's great America is converting vortex in to patriot a floorless coaster but that's not really a new coaster

So we have a Huss Breakdance and a Tornado water slide that need homes. I wonder why the Breakdance wasn't added to Carowinds like the original article stated. Also a random Trioka appeared for Dorney Park.

Well, in the same article, it was stated that Cedar Fair was going to Japan next. So, maybe they found a Troika in Japan? Also, maybe the Huss Break Dance will be added to Carowinds in 2018. We'll just have to wait and see! I've enjoyed the announcements so far!

So we have a Huss Breakdance and a Tornado water slide that need homes. I wonder why the Breakdance wasn't added to Carowinds like the original article stated. Also a random Trioka appeared for Dorney Park.

Well, in the same article, it was stated that Cedar Fair was going to Japan next. So, maybe they found a Troika in Japan? Also, maybe the Huss Break Dance will be added to Carowinds in 2018. We'll just have to wait and see! I've enjoyed the announcements so far!

I was thinking the same thing about the Breakdance. May be it will be part of a Planet Snoopy expansion in 2018. I haven't heard anything, just thinking out loud.

does anyone feel that Michigans Adventure is a season or two from closing?

They have the highest profit margins in the chain, and just did massive infrastrucure improvements through out the park. WWk on the otherhand was losing money

***JAPAN****??????

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE RELOCATE THIS!!!!!!

(Can't embed?... Idk why)

does anyone feel that Michigans Adventure is a season or two from closing?

They have the highest profit margins in the chain, and just did massive infrastrucure improvements through out the park. WWk on the otherhand was losing money

ahhhh ok that makes sense then, i had no idea MA was making a profit.

MiA was making a profit? WTH?

***JAPAN****??????

I doubt that would happen, but it would be cool if Cedar Fair took one of the Ultra Twisters in Japan and moved it to one of the CF parks.

Speaking of Ultra Twister, I heard that Premier Rides has Togo's Pipeline design. Can anyone confirm this?

***JAPAN****??????

I doubt that would happen, but it would be cool if Cedar Fair took one of the Ultra Twisters in Japan and moved it to one of the CF parks.

Speaking of Ultra Twister, I heard that Premier Rides has Togo's Pipeline design. Can anyone confirm this?

It'd be after replacement for the TOGO CW just lost.