TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

INTERACTIVE: Cedar Fair Predictions for 2017

Post your predictions below for Cedar Fair parks in the 2017 season. Then, see how they compare to other users and what the parks actually receive!

My Predictions

Cedar Point: Soak City expansion; possible ProSlide Tornado from Knott's Soak City. Relocation of RipCord to former Shoot the Rapids location.

Kings Island: GCI Woodie, IMO the next Son of Beast (obviously no loop)

Canada's Wonderland: Action theater replacement: Plants vs. Zombies Style

Knott's: Soak City expansion, family flat rides

Worlds of Fun: Thrilling flat ride

Dorney Park: Triotech Dark Ride

Kings Dominion: Action theater replacement, Mass Effect Style

Carowinds: 4 vintage flat rides, Vortex sit down train conversion

CGA: Vortex Conversion to floorless, RCI Ropes Course

Valleyfair: Honestly, I could be wrong, but this is my home park, and I think they will get a Triotech dark ride in the bumper cars building, rumored to be transitioning.

Michigans Adventure: Preparing for relocated Zamperla Volare from Canadas Wonderland in 2018

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cedar Point: Update Soak City with 2 new slide complexes, new gate for Soak City

Kings Island: GCI woodie (and possible Trio Tech in Crypt building, but most likely not)

Canada's Wonderland: Mass Effect 4D

Knotts Berry Farm: Soak City Expansion and flat ride in Plantseeker's spot with Fiesta Village refresh

Worlds of Fun: 2 Flat Rides and Luanching Floorless Coaster

Dorney Park: Gersualter Sky Roller and Planet Snoopy Expansion

Kings Dominion: General Improvements with Plants vs. Zombies in Action Theater

Carowinds: 4 Flat Rides and Centurion (a floorless vortex conversion)

California's Great America: Major (Carowinds styled) Waterpark addition

Valleyfair: Triotech

Michigan's Adventure: Zamperla Moto Bike

TBH I could see VF getting a sky roller in the WT helix possibly, maybe it wouldn't fit. I also maybe see a triotech but I just really don't see it this year. Possibly a different flat ride in tilt a whirls old spot. Or that whole Excalibur plan or something idk, lol. I really hope that we get new toll gates and a new entrance soon, admissions employees would know what I'm talking about, lmao. Those toll booths are soooo outdated guess it adds charm.

why is everyone saying 4 flats for Carowinds?

You probably should check the headlines in the Carowinds park thread banner. It's old news by now, but they're getting refurbished carnival rides from Europe. Was announced a while ago to newspapers but not from the park to the public but we all know it's coming.

why is everyone saying 4 flats for Carowinds?

You probably should check the headlines in the Carowinds park thread banner. It's old news by now, but they're getting refurbished carnival rides from Europe. Was announced a while ago to newspapers but not from the park to the public but we all know it's coming.

You mean the headline that says 5 classic flats ??? Now, back to my original question . . . Why is everyone saying 4 flats for Carowinds?

According to astrology/horoscope websites, 2017 is the year of the "Ziz". The ancient prophecy states that "Canada'sWonderland shall avenge the loss in 2016 brought upon them by Cedar Point". It goes on to further explain that B&M will likely assist in fulfilling this prophecy through the building of a wing rider".

Source(s):

Sites I found on the Yahoo.com, Bing.com and Blackle.com search engines

According to astrology/horoscope websites, 2017 is the year of the "Ziz". The ancient prophecy states that "Canada'sWonderland shall avenge the loss in 2016 brought upon them by Cedar Point". It goes on to further explain that B&M will likely assist in fulfilling this prophecy through the building of a wing rider".

Source(s):

Sites I found on the Yahoo.com, Bing.com and Blackle.com search engines

Man we need a new ride. Cedar Point stoled our B&M Giga RMC Launched Flyer.

There is some green track at B&M plant, maybe its for us?

^ Check the Carowinds thread. There's a video in there that you need to watch. Then it'll make sense.

Cedar Point: Update Soak City with 2 new slide complexes, new gate for Soak City

Kings Island: GCI woodie (and possible Trio Tech in Crypt building, but most likely not)

Knotts Berry Farm: Soak City Expansion and flat ride in Plantseeker's spot with Fiesta Village refresh

Michigan's Adventure: Zamperla Moto Bike

Worlds of hold up what happened here?!

^^Its way too late for a coaster to be coming to Canadas Wonderland now, there's just no chance, well certainly not for a large B&M. We'd have already seen plenty of teasing and construction now if it was going to happen. Cedar Fairs large 2017 coaster is going to Kings Island, we all know that.

^ Check the Carowinds thread. There's a video in there that you need to watch. Then it'll make sense.
Cedar Point: Update Soak City with 2 new slide complexes' date=' new gate for Soak City

Michigan's Adventure: Zamperla Moto Bike[/quote']

Worlds of hold up what happened here?!

It's the most park likely to get a B&M next year. Not only were they the first to start teasing, but they also built a wall, and they made Six Flags pay for it.

Now I don't feel WOF will get a coaster next year, but I'd say if one Cedar Fair park were to get a new coaster next year, it would be WOF.

Cedar Point: Soak City Expansion, possible relocation of Ripcord

Kings Island: GCI Woodie

Canada's Wonderland: Action Theater Attraction

Knott's: Soak City Expansion

Worlds of Fun: Flat ride (possibly a vintage flat ride)

Dorney Park: Absolutely nothing

Kings Dominion: GCI Hurler upgrade

Carowinds: 4 vintage flat rides

CGA: Flat ride (possibly a vintage flat ride)

Valleyfair: I'll go along with this bumper car building triotech rumor

Michigans Adventure: Absolutely nothing

Cedar Point: Soak City Expansion, possible relocation of Ripcord

Canada's Wonderland: Action Theater Attraction

Worlds of Fun: Flat ride (possibly a vintage flat ride)

Dorney Park: Absolutely nothing

Carowinds: 4 vintage flat rides

CGA: Flat ride (possibly a vintage flat ride)

Valleyfair: I'll go along with this bumper car building triotech rumor

Michigans Adventure: Absolutely nothing

Listen to the man, don't be disappointed.

I honestly feel like I'm being a bit conservative. It's possible to be pleasantly surprised and if that is what ends up happening it does seem like a smaller investment than they've made in the last few years. Generally there would be a major investment in a large scale (probably B&M) coaster somewhere but I just don't see where that would fit in this year as usually by this point it's quite obvious where it's going.

You mean the headline that says 5 classic flats ??? Now, back to my original question . . . Why is everyone saying 4 flats for Carowinds?

Probably because their teaser campaign has been placing particular emphasis on the number four, combined with the possibility that plans have changed since that headline?

:lol: I honestly feel like I'm being a bit conservative. It's possible to be pleasantly surprised and if that is what ends up happening it does seem like a smaller investment than they've made in the last few years. Generally there would be a major investment in a large scale (probably B&M) coaster somewhere but I just don't see where that would fit in this year as usually by this point it's quite obvious where it's going.

A GCI wodie costs $8-10 million, A GCI rehab of Hurler would be about $6 million, a floorless conversion would cost about $3-4 million, flat rides cost about $1 million each, etc. The costs add up.

:lol: I honestly feel like I'm being a bit conservative. It's possible to be pleasantly surprised and if that is what ends up happening it does seem like a smaller investment than they've made in the last few years. Generally there would be a major investment in a large scale (probably B&M) coaster somewhere but I just don't see where that would fit in this year as usually by this point it's quite obvious where it's going.

A GCI wodie costs $8-10 million, A GCI rehab of Hurler would be about $6 million, a floorless conversion would cost about $3-4 million, flat rides cost about $1 million each, etc. The costs add up.

I believe floorless conversions cost $6-7 million.

This will probably never ever happen in the near future but I want the train ride at Michigan's Adventure to be removed and in its place, either a GCI wooden coaster or a Chance Hyper GT-X. Also there should be a path connecting the two dead ends at the park.

This will probably never ever happen in the near future but I want the train ride at Michigan's Adventure to be removed and in its place, either a GCI wooden coaster or a Chance Hyper GT-X. Also there should be a path connecting the two dead ends at the park.

IMG_1481.JPG.f84ca9ef73be521c5d594754612aa662.JPG

Probably because their teaser campaign has been placing particular emphasis on the number four, combined with the possibility that plans have changed since that headline?

I am willing to bet the 4 more thing is really the park tying in the expansion of the county fair with 4 more rides. I could see the yo yo being replaced and placing one of the rides in the former mini golf location as there seems to be some action over there.

My predictions . . .

Cedar Point: Soak City Expansion with tornado style slide. Im thinking something like carolina harbor.

Canada's Wonderland: Water park slides

Worlds of Fun: condor and troika

Dorney Park: A flat or two.

Carowinds: County fair make over/ 5 vintage flat rides (break dance, music express, wave swinger, troika and top scan)

CGA: Water park slides

Valleyfair: triotech dark ride

Michigans Adventure: whats that???