TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

USA 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuff

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a great time on the lake! How does Valravn compare to other Dive Machines?

To be honest I feel the Dive Machines all feel very similar, but that's not a bad thing because I really like this style of ride so that means Valravn gets a big thumbs up from me!

Agreed.

While I have not been on any overseas, I have ridden all three here in the states and they are all awesomely good! My sister had never been on a dive machine before and she still talks about her rides on Valravn from early June...she freaking LOVED this coaster!

Looks like a great time on the lake! How does Valravn compare to other Dive Machines?

To be honest I feel the Dive Machines all feel very similar, but that's not a bad thing because I really like this style of ride so that means Valravn gets a big thumbs up from me!

Same here--I think they're B&M's best rides.

Cot4yGPWAAAO967.jpg

We have just made it to @CedarPoint! Spending the next couple of days at America's roller coast!

TPR fully approves of the @CedarPoint announcement yesterday! Mean Streak closes forever on September 16th!

GREAT photos! It's fun to see Kristen's first-time experiences on some of these famous/infamous coasters. Am just curious. Does she share your opinion of Mean Streak? Was it still a "thumbs-up" AFTER the ride was over?

P.S. Congratulations, Kristen, on making it to 52 inches. The coaster world is now all yours!

P.P.S. Cool eyeglasses. VERY trendy!

Alice

Glad you guys had a great time at one of my "Home" parks. I also agree that Mantis is so much better now.

I didn't see it mentioned, but how did you like the soft restraints on Maverick? They did a great job with that, too.

Anyway, thank you for great TR's... I always look forward to you posting them.

John

This was my first dive coaster (I was there the same weekend you guys were there) and was surprised by how much I loved this ride. B&Ms tend to be hit and miss for me, but this was a great balance of fun and thrills. I didn't find the drops to be particularly intense, but they sure were a blast. Valravyn ended up being one of my favorite rides in the park.

We paid our final respects to Mean Streak Cedar Point and it's awesome crew! Ride closes forever on Sept 16th!"

Cedar Point has already finish crafting its gravestone...

I'm going to Cedar Point in two weeks. Never been before, and little did I know I'm gonna be one of Mean Streak's last riders until now.

So...I'm curious to see as to why the ride's so hated. Is it rough to the point where it could legally be considered rape, or is it just an emotionally upsetting experience?

Great report and awesome to see you guys had fun at Cedar Point! When you took the picture with that TPR fan at Millennium I was in the control booth and saw you guys. I'm sure you heard me mention TPR when I did the spiel for your train.

I didn't see it mentioned, but how did you like the soft restraints on Maverick? They did a great job with that, too.

I actually never had an issue with the old restraints. The ride is SO GOOD that the restraints didn't really bother me. But yes, it is better now if only that it mean that any pussies that would complain about the restraints before have NOTHING to complain about now!

Our next stop was an announced "surprise" visit to Kennywood! This was a quick stop mostly for filming the coasters, but we always say that a "short visit to a park is better than no visit!"

Co3t6dsWEAA7qa9.jpg

For the next stop on our trip, we just follow the yellow arrows to Kennywood!

Co31KIGWcAAmVPR.jpg

We have arrived at Kennywood!

Co37_NAXEAEadvV.jpg

Co37_NCXEAA3biD.jpg

There is a reason why "Potato Patch" fries at Kennywood are insanely popular!

Co4N1drWAAA9wQD.jpg

The Racer is a super classic & fun coaster! It's also "interactive!"

Co4y8obXEAAFufe.jpg

Co4y8oeWgAA2YMq.jpg

Co4y8odWIAATp9K.jpg

Co4y8odW8AASrBP.jpg

Best part of Kennywood's Racer is the interaction with the other train!

You'll need to watch this in the YouTube app on your phone, but check out this amazing 360 degree video we shot of the Racer!

Click:

Co44cYFXYAIKlph.jpg

The famous "ravine drop" on Phantom's Revenge at #Kennywood!

Co5BK4IXYAAld1r.jpg

Co5BK4JXEAE4OS8.jpg

Co5BK4nWIAAzx_q.jpg

Co5BK4nXgAA4g34.jpg

At 85mph, Phantom's Revenge is still one of the top ten fastest roller coasters in the USA!

Co5GD3qXEAAbBoT.jpg

Co5GD45WIAAPt0u.jpg

Co5GD3nWgAAGLaf.jpg

Co5GD48WgAArwvD.jpg

We love the great selection of "flat rides" that Kennywood has!

Co5JxDSWgAA5KfH.jpg

Co5JxDQWcAQxfg9.jpg

Co5JxD9WIAAK1gs.jpg

Co5JxD7XgAA1nNt.jpg

Thunderbolt is one of three awesome wood coasters at Kennywood! "No single riders!"

Co5Ob4QXgAAeT2_.jpg

Co5Ob4QWIAEWxXr.jpg

The "Turtle" is a #Kennywood classic! One of the few left in the world!

Co5VAOEWAAE3-e0.jpg

Co5VAOvW8AAkoBt.jpg

Co5VAPbWYAArsGD.jpg

Co5VAPcXYAAf0PA.jpg

Noah's Ark is another #Kennywood Classic! Part fun-house, part walk-through dark ride! It's great!

Co5YLvyWEAASfSu.jpg

"12 minutes of free A/C!" lol

Co5Zvr7WcAAbIVp.jpg

Co5Zvr6W8AA3JVR.jpg

Co5Zvr4WcAEqQJA.jpg

Co5Zvr5WEAADGiu.jpg

Sky Rocket launches you real fast and then does some twisty stuff! lol

Co5bg5KWcAEQwAR.jpg

Co5bg5vWgAEVyBw.jpg

Co5bg5KWEAAjwxB.jpg

Co5bg5nXYAAi9OC.jpg

You will find all kinds of "traditional" rides at Kennywood which is what makes the park so great!

Co5bnSlWAAAVjfK.jpg

Co5bnSvWYAAP-1a.jpg

Co5bnTOXYAA8tPT.jpg

Co5bnTuXgAEhzIx.jpg

For being a "traditional" amusement park Kennywood is beautifully landscaped & decorated.

Co5sltLWYAAZg_G.jpg

Co5sltgWcAEZ34O.jpg

Co5sltdXYAADrs6.jpg

Co5sltfWAAEF-gx.jpg

You want some pretty crazy airtime? Jack Rabbit at Kennywood delivers!!!

Co52sKxUEAADB5N.jpg

Co52sK1VMAAPLVe.jpg

IMG_4181.thumb.JPG.418d8566b6097df9e81f880ac9af8e0c.JPG

It was super cool running into TPR fans working at Kennywood! Thanks for hanging out with us!

Co54SRSVIAA4Ebn.jpg

Great visit to Kennywood this afternoon! Huge thanks to the park for their amazing hospitality!

I know I've said this in the Kennywood thread, but I just have to say it again: I love Kennywood!!! I look forward to seeing the new videos!

Oh, and on a completely different note... Am I the only one who immediately thinks of "Afternoon Delight" every time I see, or hear of, Sky Rocket??? I'm pretty sure that was NOT Kennywood's intent in naming the coaster that, but for me, the auto-playing of the tune in my head (and all that comes with that) is inevitable!

Jack Rabbit scared the crap out of me the first time I rode. Now that's an old ride with ejector air.

I wish more rides could have such minimal restraints like Jack Rabbit (really all three woodies at Kennywood). I'm sure for insurance and ride manufacturer purposes it's not feasible but I'm glad Kennywood's been able to preserve what makes these rides special. I didn't think any wood coaster could rival El Toro for ejector air but Jack Rabbit's right there with it.

Jack Rabbit scared the crap out of me the first time I rode. Now that's an old ride with ejector air.

I wish more rides could have such minimal restraints like Jack Rabbit (really all three woodies at Kennywood). I'm sure for insurance and ride manufacturer purposes it's not feasible but I'm glad Kennywood's been able to preserve what makes these rides special. I didn't think any wood coaster could rival El Toro for ejector air but Jack Rabbit's right there with it.

i've only been there once, like 20 years ago. going into that double down on jack rabbit was definitely on oh crap moment. along with sitting on the left on thunderbolt and slamming into the side with my buddy slamming into me on those turns by the midway. lol

i remember being impressed with the splash the Pittsburg* Plunge made.