TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2016 Tickets On Sale!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But also remember that T-Shirts are handed out during Knotts check-in and if you are late, they may be out of your size. Also last year there were early morning tours and the tickets/passes for that were handed out in the order you check in, so I'll try to get there as early as I can and nap later.

Last year at Knotts two of my favorites were bright in the morning after check in before ERT. The backstage photo op of GhostRider, and the maintenance bay tour of Sierra Sidewinder. The Sidewinder tour was especially cool to geek out on since it's one of a kind. I'm anxious to hear what great stuff Robb and Elissa set up for us this year.

But also remember that T-Shirts are handed out during Knotts check-in and if you are late, they may be out of your size. Also last year there were early morning tours and the tickets/passes for that were handed out in the order you check in, so I'll try to get there as early as I can and nap later

Yup, this is very true! Personally, I'm sick af of people coming up to us who are just getting to the park at the END of check-in bitching about not having their size of T-Shirt. My response this year will be much more short with them. "Get your stupid ass out of bed earlier next time if you're going to walk up to me and bitch about not having your size shirt!"

But seriously, yeah, the schedule between parks will be tight. If I hear one person complain that we are doing "too much" with this event (and trust me we have heard this in the past) then I'll simply tell them they won't be allowed to come to the event next year.

Remember that no one is forcing you to stay until the very end of ERT and no one is forcing you to get up early and be the first person at check-in in the morning. Just don't come complaining to me if you *CHOOSE* not to get that last ride in or you *CHOOSE* not to get to the park early enough to get your preferred T-Shirt size.

--Robb "Sick of all the complaining..." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

:omg:

Did someone say.... morning ERT Cocktail?

Morning ERT cocktails, post morning ERT cocktails, nap cocktails, etc.

Noted. I am also staying at the Knott's Hotel for my entire visit, which includes Disney.

:omg:

Did someone say.... morning ERT Cocktail?

Morning ERT cocktails, post morning ERT cocktails, nap cocktails, etc.

Noted. I am also staying at the Knott's Hotel for my entire visit, which includes Disney.

Me too. With the parks being an hour's drive apart, it's a complete toss up which way you want to do it. You could stay near MM on Saturday night to be able to get to sleep soon and get up an hour earlier in the morning to drive to Knotts, or you could stay at Knotts on Saturday night which means youll have to drive that hour at night after MM, but then that means that in the morning you can just wake up and walk down to check in.

Last year I stayed at HGI Valencia Friday and Knots Saturday & Sunday, but waiting in line to KBFH in the middle of the night Saturday night wasted valuable sleep time so this year I'm just staying at KBFH all three nights...also HGI decided to raise their prices like 75% so that made the decision easier.

I can't believe anyone would complain that we get TOO MUCH to do! It's already a crazy value when you think about everything we're getting for basically just the price of a regular ticket. Utilize some caffeine if you need to, and stay at the Knotts Hotel and you can just walk over and nap in your hotel room in between events in the middle of the day, I sure plan to.

There is no such thing as "too much to do" during wcb. If I go home dead tired Monday, then I know I had a great time.

Fixed. And true, too!

Agreed. I'm not taking a week off work and flying halfway across the country to complain. This will be my first TPR event that involves coaster riding (the only other event I've done so far has been a Goliath construction walkback in January 2014, which was awesome in itself). The Alveys don't half-ass things. WCB is going to be great. If you don't have a great time, that's on you. Laissez les bons manèges rouler!

^ You're fine.

Guys - If you got a confirmation from PayPal that tells you that you sent money to us, that means the money was delivered. Please understand that we aren't "Amazon" and we don't send out confirmations from both the TPR Store AND PayPal. If you got a receipt from PayPal, that means we got your payment and you're fine.

Just to clarify - When you place an order from the TPR Store using PayPal, you should get two emails.

The first one that says something like this:

Hello, Robb Alvey

Thank you for shopping at Theme Park Review!

Order ID: 19xxx

You have ordered the following items:

West Coast Bash 2016 - Six Flags Magic Mountain - Saturday Sept 10th(Season Passholder, Yes) (x1): USD 62.00

Order total tax: USD 0.00

PayPal Fees: USD 2.17 Total shipping cost: USD 0.00

Total: USD 64.17

You should also get an email from PayPal (or a transaction receipt on your account) that looks something like this:

Name: Robb Alvey

Email: robbalvey@themeparkreview.com

Payment Sent to: trips@themeparkreview.com

Total amount: $74.52 USD

Fee amount: -$2.46 USD

Net amount: $72.06 USD

Item amount: $74.52 USD

Item Title: Order #19892

Date: Aug 29, 2016

Time: 11:28:25 PDT

These are your confirmations for West Coast Bash! We've had a number of people that have emailed us quoting both of these things says "When am I going to receive a confirmation email for my ticket payment?" and all I have to say in return is "I don't understand what you're asking for, it looks like you have just quoted to us your confirmation email!"

Sorry, not sorry if I sound like I'm being bitchy, it's just that we really have a lot going on, and getting emails like this really waste our time especially when the question that is being asked has already been answered. I don't know why it's gotten so much worse this year, but if you are going to email us asking a question about your tickets that includes, but not limited to the following:

- When am I going to get a confirmation?

- When will I get my tickets in the mail?

- Does the event price include park admission?

- Does the event price include airfare or a hotel stay? (not joking, someone asked this.)

The answers are all right here where they have been all along: http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?categoryID=22

Please, PLEASE either check your email for the confirmations or check our FAQ on the event page. I swear almost every one of your questions have already been answered.

Thank you for your understanding.

--Robb

PS. Before you go emailing us saying "I didn't get one of the two emails above",

CHECK YOUR FREAKING SPAM FOLDER!!!!

And if you don't know what your spam folder is, GOOGLE IT!

Thank you!

Edited by robbalvey

No rest for any of us! Poor KT will do four full days in SoCal then take the red eye and go straight to school! Sleep when you're dead!

My Hero!!!!! Redeyes are rough

Maggie just started High School (she got into a magnet academy for CSI and Law Enforcement) and I told her she's not missing school on Monday. I said she could catch up on sleep Monday night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sigh, yeah those kind of questions are mind numbing. When you take the time to write out a giant FAQ and people email questions that are clearly already answered in it, it extremely disrespectful, because they won't take the time to read the FAQ you took the time to write. Those kind of questions to me just fall on deaf ears. They don't even deserve an angry reply.