TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Legendia Park Discussion Thread

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The park has renamed itself to Legendia.

http://www.legendia.pl/

Definitely easier to say than Śląskie Wesołe Miasteczko.

I checked out the website and it seems they're also repainting and retheming lots of their rides to a more fantasy theme, also renaming them into english to be more appealing for tourists (probably to compete with energylandia)

• 1 month later...

Looks good! Very fluid and original, and that drop should be nuts in the back row.

Although the first video was shot vertically, I like that it catches the raw sounds of the ride. A lot of the European parks seem to favor cinematic soundtracks and/or glossy production values in their footage; understandable, but I prefer the "coasters in the raw" approach, which I think gives a better feel for the personality of a ride. Lord, the previous sentence was nerdy.

It sucks.

...Who am I kidding? This looks absolutely incredible! Good to see other manufacturers besides intamin making great stuff lately. More chances to see something of this calibre built in North America, seeing as intamin hasn't been too active here lately.

Vekoma just posted a video of the maiden run on facebook. For a first run it definitely seems to carry some decent speed!

Warning! (vertical video)

The best thing about this video is that if you look closely you can see the guy standing next to the guy shooting it shooting his own video and also doing it incorrectly.

So this thing is cheaper than an S&S Freespin?

No it is not.

The ride is built in Poland where wages is 1/3 of Western Europe. Sure the rides hardware and the specialized team assembling it cost the same, but everything else about it is much cheaper.

Sure the rides hardware and the specialized team assembling it cost the same, but everything else about it is much cheaper.

If the hardware and the team assembling it cost the same, what is there left to cost less besides theming (which doesn't count in the cost anyway)? Unless the track and trains were also made in poland I don't see how the wages there affect the cost of the ride but maybe I'm just not getting what you're saying.

(if im just not understanding something blatantly obvious i'd just like to defend myself by saying this is my 20th hour awake)

While I have no idea where the track/trains for this coaster was built, I did spot this on the Vekoma website:

Vekoma Rides Manufacturing has production facilities for track production and train assembly, which facilities are located in the Netherlands, Eastern Europe and China, allowing production at locations that best fit the clients’ destination.

The facilities have contemporary equipment, like pipe bending machines, CNC controlled cutting machines, several milling machines, plane machines, saw bench and composing machines, rolling machine and carousels with rotating tables.

https://www.vekoma.com/index.php/col1/production-facilities

While I have no idea where the track/trains for this coaster was built, I did spot this on the Vekoma website:

Vekoma Rides Manufacturing has production facilities for track production and train assembly, which facilities are located in the Netherlands, Eastern Europe and China, allowing production at locations that best fit the clients’ destination.

The facilities have contemporary equipment, like pipe bending machines, CNC controlled cutting machines, several milling machines, plane machines, saw bench and composing machines, rolling machine and carousels with rotating tables.

https://www.vekoma.com/index.php/col1/production-facilities

For track fabrication Vekoma use both a Huisman Konstrukte facility in Czech Republic and a different facility in Slovakia.

They also use Huisman outside of Xiamen in China for their installations in that part of the world.

I'd imagine this came from either the Czech Republic or Slovakia.