TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Pokemon GO at Theme Parks!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^So the developers shouldn't be able to cash in on the popularity of the game? From someone digging through the code of the game, it seems like McDonald's will be the first company with a promotion lined up.

I don't have any problem with the game. I think it's great they finally made a fun game where you walk to play. I like how many local business and even the zoo near me are running specials for the game. There have been stories of dumb people doing dumb things while playing the game. But that's just because their dumb.

I am so guilty of playing this game while in Kolmarden en Tivoli (mind you, not all the time, just during the more boring periods (yes, they do exist). The game is just basic fun. Especialy Kolmarden had some nice pokemon and stops to add to the fun. Why I like this game? I like pokemon, it's simple and a fun thing to do with friends. You can just grab the phone (and powerbank x2) and go out, have a good walk, talk and laugh. Casual fun.

What I don't get are all the stories about having to jump over fences and all. I've caught pokemon 50+ meter from where I was standing, sometimes even more. You don't have to stand ON them to catch them. Also, there is no reason to overstep bounds just to catch something, that just goes to far imo. Stay on the path, don't bumb into anyone and everyone will stay fine.

And to the people who don't like the game, your loss. I enjoy it a lot, it reminds me of my youth and I will keep playing it

I actually think Busch Parks Lure-a-thon promotion for today is a BRILLIANT idea. It's going to cost them a couple hundred bucks to buy enough lure's to last a whole operating day, but I have no doubt it will bring hundreds (if not thousands) of guests to all their parks.

Let people run around with their phones all they want. This will only mean shorter queues for me. Just please don't Pokemnon near the beer man with these fictitious characters to the point where I'm surrounded by nerds with their phones glued to their hands. Otherwise, I might be tempted to drink more than I should, leading me to say things I shouldn't while my wife clutches my arm and sternly tells me to stop. (which has... never... happened before)

Edited by prozach626

It is amazing how this is sweeping the nation/planet. Even here in Vegas, resorts have been posting on social media for people to come out and play!

I saw that! Monte Carlo tweeted something about them adding lure's to their Pokestops today!

So even though there was a short server outage today, we managed to get some good playing in this morning at SeaWorld where they added lure's to their Pokestops! Check it out...

CnfFiDEWYAAtYmt.jpg

This morning we are @SeaWorld catching #Pokemon! #GottaSEAEmAll #pokemongo Tons of lures set up!

CnfH8fYW8AA5UzQ.jpg

Wild Magikarp hanging out in the water at the entrance to @SeaWorld!

CnfJMNGWIAAevJa.jpg

Did you know that #Pokemon also love the roller coasters @SeaWorld?

CnfMMp5WcAAZo9W.jpg

CnfMMpsWcAAsSce.jpg

CnfMMp7WgAAfAXH.jpg

Finding people all over @SeaWorld playing #PokemonGo!

CnfNN84WYAEDQWQ.jpg

Almost there Magikarp!

CnfNt0jWEAAcLMW.jpg

This Krabby #Pokemon just hanging out by the water @SeaWorld!

CnfOtUpWEAA_A2S.jpg

Make sure you take lots of awkward #PokemonGo "butt photos" while you play!

CnfPr_LW8AAEjOm.jpg

While playing #PokemonGo @SeaWorld remember follow park rules! No phones on rides/restricted areas!

CnfVJl4WAAAf1w9.jpg

This Venonat is going to join us @SeaWorld shark encounter!

CnfZrRfWcAEIqNw.jpg

The Venonat #Pokemon has taken a liking to the diver @SeaWorld Shark Encounter!

Cnfg2rbXEAEqGeS.jpg

Look out Pidgey! There's sharks in that water!

CnfjfqGXEAAUSvJ.jpg

CnfjfquXEAAvMSM.jpg

CnfjfqXWAAA7lbC.jpg

CnfjfqyXgAAdzvJ.jpg

And of course while @SeaWorld we are taking a ride on #Mako & Kraken!

OMG IK Pokémon Go is getting sort of out of hand. A lot of parks have ENCOURAGED the USE of Pokémon Go. For example: Six Flags New England Posted on their Instagram, "We have tons of Pokémon here! Come play! We have poke stops and gyms!"

I fail to see how this is a bad thing. So parks are taking advantage of the game and encouraging people to go outside, come to the parks, walk around and have fun in addition to riding coasters and stuff?

I'm sorry but anyone who thinks this is not good for parks or for humanity is a complete moron.

All I ask is that people play safe, follow the rules, and don't do stupid crap. But we didn't need Pokemon Go for this to be an issue.

I don't think that Pokémon Go is a bad thing in any way and I really like it. I was just saying that it's going to get sort of dangerous if people start getting careless. <--Being what "out of hand" is referring to. I see like everyone on their phones at parks and I'm starting to get worried.

It is amazing how this is sweeping the nation/planet. Even here in Vegas, resorts have been posting on social media for people to come out and play!

I saw that! Monte Carlo tweeted something about them adding lure's to their Pokestops today!

I'm waiting for my car at the valet for South point in Vegas "yes, us locals are too lazy to park our own car too", and there has to

Be 10 others playing with me. Pokemon popping up everywhere"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG IK Pokémon Go is getting sort of out of hand. A lot of parks have ENCOURAGED the USE of Pokémon Go. For example: Six Flags New England Posted on their Instagram, "We have tons of Pokémon here! Come play! We have poke stops and gyms!"

I fail to see how this is a bad thing. So parks are taking advantage of the game and encouraging people to go outside, come to the parks, walk around and have fun in addition to riding coasters and stuff?

I'm sorry but anyone who thinks this is not good for parks or for humanity is a complete moron.

All I ask is that people play safe, follow the rules, and don't do stupid crap. But we didn't need Pokemon Go for this to be an issue.

I don't think that Pokémon Go is a bad thing in any way and I really like it. I was just saying that it's going to get sort of dangerous if people start getting careless. <--Being what "out of hand" is referring to. I see like everyone on their phones at parks and I'm starting to get worried.

Wait, I'm confused. Are you suggesting humanity wasn't stupid and wasn't always on their phones BEFORE Pokemon GO????

Edited by robbalvey

Wait, I'm confused. Are you suggesting humanity wasn't stupid and wasn't always on their phones BEFORE Pokemon GO????

Yeah, stupid people are going to be stupid with anything. We had a great time playing Pokemon Go at Worlds of Fun last weekend. It's cool to see SeaWorld putting on such a great event. Glad you had fun!

It's a good thing, in that it allows Darwin to more easily do his thing.

I had never even heard of this until our plant manager put out a plant-wide e-mail on Wednesday telling people that they were not allowed to be playing Pokemon Go in the plant or in the parking lot. Of course, I then had to Google Pokemon Go just to find out what the hell he was even talking about.

Then there was a subsequent e-mail from one of our HR folks PLEADING for people to not play it while driving. I was amazed that this person would have to even put out a communication like this, but sadly we all know about all of the stupid people we have running around our society these days.

On the other hand, if the game gets folks out exercising, walking and having fun, I'm all for it. As several people have already mentioned - as long as they're doing it safely and respectively.

Also as prozach said - make sure that they keep it away from the beer vendors at theme parks. There has to be some limitations and this is one that should be strictly enforced with no exceptions!

Looks like we just missed you at SeaWorld by a couple of days! (we were there Wednesday, and tho we did see a lot of folks on their phones, most of them seemed to be texting rather than playing Pokemon Go. . . .LOL. . so that's a difference in the pictures we took )

LOTS of folks were playing it at BGT tho. . .

I've been enjoying this game fully for the past week. My strongest Pokemon so far is a Hypno with CP912 and I just need two more Eevees to have enough candy to evolve my strongest one. I'm going to try to use the naming hack to get a Flareon.

What's really amazed me about this game isn't how many people got on board (it was always expected this would be huge since it was announced), but how many complete strangers are socializing with one another over this game. I went to Valleyfair and MOA this weekend for Pokemon Go, and usually when I go to places like this, nobody says "boo" to me. I was approached by many people who could see I was playing the game asking about my Pokemon or if I've seen a Jynx nearby or anything like that. Even struck up some good conversations. It was a completely different experience than my normal solitary weekend outings.

It's funny some parks have good Pokemon and others don't, but I wonder if that's just the territory built into the game. Valleyfair had a plethora of Pokestops (Dinosaurs Alive by itself had about 10!), but nothing but Rattatas and Pidgeys to catch. MOA had less Pokestops but far more of a Pokemon variety (I caught my first Magnemites, Voltorbs, Koffings, Abras, and even a KABUTO there!), and kudos to MOA for being great hosts to the Pokemon Go players. They had phone charge stations in the rotunda and were really accommodating to all the people who came to the mall to play the game. But that's the whole point of the game. You have to go out to find which places are the best