TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Pokemon GO at Theme Parks!

Waiting to ride the Texas giant yesterday. Had to wait while the ride opp made sure all the people who were playing this game had there phones set ready to catch whatever points they will get while on this ride. Granted he waited until the phones were set in the bin you put the phones in rite in front of you. But it took forever cos these people had to make sure the phone was facing them so they can hit the screen to get the points.

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, what? Catching Pokemon while on the ride? That doesn't make any sense.

There are pockets for your phone on the trains of the new texas giant that face the riders so you open pokemon go and put the phone in the pocket facing towards you. Then, since you are traveling a lot, you will see a lot of pokemon. I guess people are so crazy about the game they will do anything to get a rare PKMN.

I'd be willing to bet that there are people who absolutely would go to [insert amusement park here] and pay the admission fee just to play the game in the park.

In my opinion this goes too far. I can see parks getting the benefit of using the app for marketing (the game isn't even officially out here but my local park already using it to attract people, and even helps in a Pokémon Go day some users of the app are setting up in the park.) But in the rollercoasters that goes too far a Darkride on the other hand.

OMG IK Pokémon Go is getting sort of out of hand. A lot of parks have ENCOURAGED the USE of Pokémon Go. For example: Six Flags New England Posted on their Instagram, "We have tons of Pokémon here! Come play! We have poke stops and gyms!"

You ain't kidding. Great Adventure has an entire page on their site with all sorts of tips for the game while in the park. Ive said it elsewhere and I'll say it again - its only a matter of time before someone gets Raptor'd trying to catch a Pokemon.

I'd be willing to bet that there are people who absolutely would go to [insert amusement park here] and pay the admission fee just to play the game in the park.

How is that bad? Parks making more money = win. As long as they aren't breaking any rules, who cares? I feel as if all the people against this are the ones who just don't like to conform and would be against the "new thing," no matter what it was. People are finally going outside and becoming more active.

Edited by FeelTheFORCE

At least people are going outside?

I do think amusement/theme PARKS are great places for people to go play, but it is sad that parks have had to tell people to not go in restricted areas and there shouldn't be any playing while on rides.

I'm fine with it as long as people follow the rules, which some people will inevitably not do.

Wait, what? Catching Pokemon while on the ride? That doesn't make any sense.

There are pockets for your phone on the trains of the new texas giant that face the riders so you open pokemon go and put the phone in the pocket facing towards you. Then, since you are traveling a lot, you will see a lot of pokemon. I guess people are so crazy about the game they will do anything to get a rare PKMN.

These phone pouches have been there since before the game right? They weren't added just for people to play. I don't know much about the game, only played it once for a few minutes but people aren't on their phones catching Pokemon while on the ride though right ?

I think it's a cool game and if parks can leverage it's popularity to their benefit good for them, just stay safe.

OMG IK Pokémon Go is getting sort of out of hand. A lot of parks have ENCOURAGED the USE of Pokémon Go. For example: Six Flags New England Posted on their Instagram, "We have tons of Pokémon here! Come play! We have poke stops and gyms!"

You ain't kidding. Great Adventure has an entire page on their site with all sorts of tips for the game while in the park. Ive said it elsewhere and I'll say it again - its only a matter of time before someone gets Raptor'd trying to catch a Pokemon.

That poor tired intern that was commanded to make this page

I fail to see how this is a bad thing. So parks are taking advantage of the game and encouraging people to go outside, come to the parks, walk around and have fun in addition to riding coasters and stuff?

I'm sorry but anyone who thinks this is not good for parks or for humanity is a complete moron.

All I ask is that people play safe, follow the rules, and don't do stupid crap. But we didn't need Pokemon Go for this to be an issue.

Edited by robbalvey

I fail to see how this is a bad thing. So parks are taking advantage of the game and encouraging people to go outside, come to the parks, walk around and have fun in addition to riding coasters and stuff?

I'm sorry but anyone who thinks this is not good for parks or for humanity is a complete moron.

All I ask is that people play safe, follow the rules, and don't do stupid crap. But we didn't need Pokemon Go for this to be an issue.

If we ever need a commentary on how sad Western Civilization is becoming, look no further than Pokemon go.

There has already been numerous cases of gang members waiting near pokemon so when players show up they rob them.

People have crashed cars playing this game while driving.

As an educator seeing kids warped sense of reality over imaginary creatures that bare no real impact on their lives is frightening.

I have no problem with Pokemon cards, the hand held games, things of that nature. But when people risk injury over something that isn't real, I don't get it. To each their own I guess. What happens when you catch them all? You get a pat on the back?

Yes the pouches have been there..but the ride oops are holding the trains up while they set there phones in there in a manner to where they can touch it when there supposed to..sat there and watched time and time again while the trains were held up cos peoples phones kept falling and they wouldn't be able to touch it to grab there points..

I have been loving how much good this game has been doing. I have a friend that is a bit of a recluse and has social anxieties especially when it comes to the opposite sex. He never likes to exercise or anything. This game has kind of broken him out of that he has been walking a lot every day and meeting up with groups to do hunts.

I get frustrated with the people crapping on the game because it actually is getting people out walking and socializing.

I have no problem with the game or even people playing the game. I don't play, but I don't give a rats ass what anyone does with their spare time. I just worry that people are dumb and will do dumb things for dumb reasons (like going into restricted areas for Pokemon).

I'm sure many on this site over the age of 30 are familiar with the book 'Ready Player One' which is both social commentary and a homage to the 80s...(thus my love)...we grow closer to the world in this book each day....

I have been loving how much good this game has been doing. I have a friend that is a bit of a recluse and has social anxieties especially when it comes to the opposite sex. He never likes to exercise or anything. This game has kind of broken him out of that he has been walking a lot every day and meeting up with groups to do hunts.

I get frustrated with the people crapping on the game because it actually is getting people out walking and socializing.

Man, then you're really going to be angry when South Park craps all over it in one of their episodes this season.