TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best theme park specific food

There was a similar thread awhile back asking what our favorite theme park food was. Well, this one is different. I'm not asking who has good food or the best food. I want to know who has the best unique food item. Something that you can't find at other parks. It can be something original that the park invented (Mrs. Knott's fried chicken - Knott's Berry Farm) or it can a regional food that only parks in certain areas might have (Rocky Mountain Oysters at traveling carnivals here in Colorado) or it can be a completely unique concept (Blue Bayou - Disneyland)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, i'll make no argument that adding blue food coloring to vanilla ice cream is the best anything, but ye olde Smurf Ice Cream at Kings Dominion was always fun.

Can you get Poutine at Canada's Wonderland? or the "New France" area at BGW? i think i'd probably vote for that.

I don't know if they are anywhere else other than Busch Gardens Tampa & Seaworld Orlando. . but the Bacon Pretzel (Busch) and the Meatball pretzel (SeaWorld - where they *also* had the Bacon Pretzel & Pizza Pretzel) were absolutely phenomenal!

Here are my tiers for park food. Anything above typical is of the "not garbage" variety.

1. The "SDC Cinnamon Bread" Tier

-includes the SDC cinnamon bread

2. The "Silver Dollar City" Tier

-includes anything and everything at SDC as well as the Dollywood cinnamon bread

3. The "Most of the food at Dollywood" Tier

-includes most of the food at Dollywood

4. The "Only Relatively Good" Tier

-includes Old Blue's barbecue at SFFT, the food at ZDT's, and most fried chicken you find at amusement parks

5. The "Typical" Tier

-anything not listed

6. The "Coasters Cheeseburger" Tier

-includes only the burgers at the Coasters chain at Cedar Fair parks, specifically the one near Dragster @ CP.

The skillet food at SDC is by far our favorite theme park food of the countless parks we have been to. Specifically the "Harvest Skillet." Omg. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Looks like we need to head to SDC Saturday to get some.

I'm waiting for coasterbill to bring up Knoebel's pierogis and/or pizza or any other food from there.

Wait no more everyone!

Dollywood: Cinnamon Bread

Knoebels: Caesari's, Pierogies

Busch Gardens Williamsburg: Bavarian Pretzels

Busch Gardens Tampa and Sea World: Anything from the pretzel place. The Shish Kebab's at Howl O Scream... god damn.

Universal: Anything with Butterbeer in it

And honestly that's it. There's other food I like at parks but it's a major step down. Things like JB's at SFNE, CrabFries from Chickie and Pete's, Famous Daves at the Cedar Point Marina, Kettle Corn at SFNE, Harmony Hall at Carowinds... all are good, but nothing amazing.

And yes I've tried Dole Whip, no I don't care. Magic Kingdom with a few exceptions has some of the worst food of any theme park anywhere. I'd rather eat at any Six Flags unless I have reservations to a place like Be our Guest.

• 2 months later...

My recent trip to Knott's and Disney (during WCB) had me quite happy with what I ate there.

The biggest surprise though, was this Wedge Salad, served at the River Belle Terrace in Frontierland.

When it arrived, it was literally a wedge of a lettuce head! With shrimp. I had options, but was tired

of 'anything with chicken.' So I settled on shrimp.

And - it was really really good, especially the dressing that was used on the wedge. Made me eat the

whole thing up, LOL! Truth! I don't know if I would get this again, but I wouldn't shy away from it.

Oh, and the Butterscotch Pudding Parfait was....

IMG_2340.JPG.f6dba66f517557c87642e9f3078d4e88.JPG

Very very tasty, especially with the shrimp.

IMG_2341.JPG.236520e6495836259ccd4d4c41e00d9f.JPG

Love at first bite!

Best theme park specific food?? I've said it before, and I'll say it again. . . Basically anything that comes from a Silver Dollar City. . . like this:

52_302.jpg

and this:

13_1178.jpg

and this:

45_378.jpg

and this:

41_429.jpg

and lets not forget this:

14_1144.jpg

I really enjoy the Monte Cristo sandwich they serve in Disneyland at both the Blue Bayou and Cafe Orleans. I've tried the Monte Cristo sandwiches at other places, even ones that were supposedly highly regarded, but haven't found one that I like better than the ones at Disneyland. I'm looking forward to having one later this month.

^ I was so looking forward to getting that sandwich. But I didn't know (for some reason)

that Cafe Orleans was taking reservations, as well as the Blue Bayou.

So other than figuring out what to do for two hours,

I switched over the River Belle Terrace, and got in after 10 minutes' wait.

Sadly, no Monte Cristo sandwich sold there. But I did have an "interesting"

Wedge Salad (see ^^^ above) to enjoy.

My next visit, I am definitely getting that sandwich!

The best garlic fries I ever had was at California Great America when paramount owned it. Six flags discovery Kingdom never had it right after they got rid of Gordon bersch stands. Multiple times this season I tried their waffle fries with garlic/parsley mix and every time at least 15% of the waffle fries was overcooked to the point of them being pure crunch and honestly inedible.

Best theme park specific food?? I've said it before, and I'll say it again. . . Basically anything that comes from a Silver Dollar City. . . like this:

That all looked good. Really good.

That all looked good. Really good.

It really is. SDC is my home park, so I've had everything there at some point or another over the years. They have just the best overall theme park food. You know the food there is great when they put up a kick-ass fry bread stand that would be the lunch place in just about any park, and here, it's really just kind of average.

• 1 month later...

Just wondering, and not exactly food from within a theme park, but if

they do sell this at the Knott's Starbucks, Disneyland Starbucks and/or

the WDW Starbucks....buy it!

Pure Holiday Season Heaven! And dare I say.... much MUCH better than fruit cake!

#jinglejingle

Starbucks-12-Days-12-550x362.png.ced58dc232164ce12d615af6362d6d5e.png

It really is a wonderful cake bar. Worth continual buying. YUM! (We have our first box, already.)

Pure Holiday Season Heaven! And dare I say.... much MUCH better than fruit cake!

As a fruit cake myself, I take offense to this!! I don't think anything can be any better than me!!

All kidding aside, that looks awesome, and if it is as amazing as you say it is then it's going to be worth checking out!! Thanks for the heads up!

^^^ I personally haven't been to SDC, but my home park is Dollywood. I therefore assume that the food would be somewhat similar in excellence. GREAT STUFF! However, upon having a visit to Knoebel's earlier this year, the food there is so phenomenal it put's your local fair and carnival food to shame. Probably the only golden ticket award that really holds up to truth.

...All kidding aside, that looks awesome, and if it is as amazing as you say it is then it's going to be worth checking out!! Thanks for the heads up!

I also found they're selling the bars separate, as part of their usual pastry selections.

So you could try it, and if you like it, buy the box of it.