TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Pokemon GO

Jew

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still haven't gotten a Snorlax. Am I the only one? I kind of don't mind because my Wigglytuff's HP is similar (I think) at 200+.

After all the Ghastly catching during Halloween, evolving a CP 800 Haunter and resulting in a 1300 Gengard with only 84HP I'm pretty let down...thought the guy was going to be a beast!

I play most days, and I've only ever seen one Snorlax. It appeared on my street about a block away from my house one day. Super lucky on that. Otherwise, never even seen one on radar.

Gengar doesn't have much HP, but the attacks can be pretty powerful. Also, remember that Normal types cannot actually inflict damage on Ghost types, so that gives it a huge advantage if you're facing one of those.

My current Pokedex has 125 (will be 126 after I evolve a first Exeggutor next time I drop a lucky egg)

Currently at level 28, and it might be higher if I played every day. Usually weekends or while traveling.

I'm saving candies now for gen 2.

New Event!

Trainers,

It has been an incredible experience since we launched Pokémon GO a few short months ago in July. We are passionate about creating experiences that encourage exploration and promote exercise. We are humbled that hundreds of millions of you around the world have joined us on this journey. So we would like to say thank you - and what better way to say thank you than to celebrate our community.

So, starting November 23rd at 00:00 UTC and going through November 30th 00:00 UTC, we will double the amount of XP and Stardust you receive when completing in-game actions.

The Pokémon GO team

Link

• 2 weeks later...

The first two generation 2 pokemon have arrived!

You can hatch Togepi and Pichu for sure along with "several others" that they didn't name.

You can also catch Pikachu with a Santa hat.

Edited by Jew

^ As I understand it, it's all the Generation 2 babies. They couldn't fight in the Gold/Silver games, so the moveset issues won't affect them. They can also only be hatched, just like in Gold/Silver. Simple way to introduce Gen 2.

Pokémon we should see:

Pichu

Cleffa

Igglybuff

Togepi

Tyrogue

Smoochum

Elekid

Magby

The rest were introduced in Gen 3 or later.

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Baby_Pok%C3%A9mon

That's still an open question. Evolved Pokemon don't hatch, but when babies were introduced, the basic forms didn't suddenly become evolved. Instead, there were two parallel evolution paths:

Basic -> Evolution 1 -> Evolution 2

Baby -> Basic -> Evolution 1

So Magmar, Electabuzz, Pikachu, and all the rest are still basic Pokemon, even though they can evolve from a baby Pokemon. Theoretically they should be able to hatch. But we just don't have any data from players on that yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I am two away from finishing the originals that were available in the US Lapras and Aerodactyl. I finally got a Dragonite after evolving a 100% iv Dratini. It came with Hyper Beam i was very happy.

So far the babies I have are Pichu, Igglybuff, and Magby.

The Santa Pikachu is everywhere here and if you evolve one of the ones with a hat it will keep it as Raichu.