TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Pokemon GO

Jew

Apparently the beta testing is only in California from what I've heard. It looks pretty good though, so if it goes smoothly I hope they release it worldwide.

Seems like it was primarily in the Bay Area (where Niantic is headquartered).

Right now their focus seems to be on fighting bots/cheaters

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently the beta testing is only in California from what I've heard. It looks pretty good though, so if it goes smoothly I hope they release it worldwide.

Seems like it was primarily in the Bay Area (where Niantic is headquartered).

Right now their focus seems to be on fighting bots/cheaters

That seems like a good course of action for now. I know they started permanent bans for cheaters, so hopefully the amount of them will decrease over time. You can't be the very best like no one ever was if you just GPS spoof to New York City.

KT and I finally got our Gyrados this weekend! Yay for useless Magicarps!

Congrats! I am four carps off from getting a Gyrados, and by living in a desert that is not going to happen for quite awhile.

I did hit 100 different types of caught Pokemon yesterday though.

Thanks to constant trips to the Santa Monica Pier I was able to get Gyrados and Dragonite. It's still a madhouse there every night with thousands of "trainers" going up and down the pier and beach.

Anyone else besides me have a maxed out Arbok?

Is it any good? Mine's not maxed out but it seems like it's ceiling is pretty low so I didn't bother leveling it up.

It helps against certain types. I wanted to have a powerful Dark type since my other dark types ended up having poison attacks..

Types aren't super important in the game right now. High HP and strong damaging attacks are the main things.

Basically Snorlax is the king of the hill with Dragonite, Gyrados, Vaporeon, Exeggutor, Lapras, and Blastoise close behind.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^You could always spend your 10 Dratini candy powering it up to 49!

I'd consider myself a casual player of the game, occasionally extending a Publix visit by 30 minutes driving slowly through the parking lot in my car trying to catch something I don't have.

IMG_5361.thumb.PNG.51219789ba8f9a5f164763ceabbd2c5c.PNG

Just living my life in another city chuck-full of dirty Rattatas.

• 3 weeks later...

So who's still playing?

Honestly I haven't lost interest in the game at all since I like to play it when I walk with the Fitbit but it's less fun when so few people play that every gym is a level 8,9 or 10 and they never changes hands. Last night I was bored so I spent about an hour knocking down a Level 10 gym and finally taking it but it's already back to a level 8. It seems like very few people play and the people that do are ridiculously over-the-top about it.

So who's still playing?

Honestly I haven't lost interest in the game at all since I like to play it when I walk with the Fitbit but it's less fun when so few people play that every gym is a level 8,9 or 10 and they never changes hands. Last night I was bored so I spent about an hour knocking down a Level 10 gym and finally taking it but it's already back to a level 8. It seems like very few people play and the people that do are ridiculously over-the-top about it.

I'm determined to get 10 more effing Magicarp candies to evolve it into Gyrados. Then I'm done, haha. After you get to level 22+, the came is just a chore. I'll come back when you're able to trade or when they release the next 150+ batch of new Pokemon from Gold and Silver.

It would be cool to have "seasons" and re-set everyone to 0 at the start of a 2016 winter or 2017 spring season. You have to be insane to have the desire to earn 1M+ XP to get to a new level which gives you nothing other than a new number next to your name.

I still play, mostly because I have taken a walk around the parking lot of my office on my breaks for a few years now, and Pokemon Go just fits well with that. I've never been too much into the gyms; it's been all about walking for me. I love the buddy system they installed recently. Pikachu and I have walked a lot together!

KT and I still play. We've kind of bonded over it and we walk more because of it so I don't see a down side. From all of the crazy articles and blogs and bitching about the game out there it sounds like there is still A LOT to come and basically the game was released in barely a beta state. I think people will come back when there are big new updates and those of us who have continued to play during the downtime will hopefully have a leg up.

I still play a couple times a week. I like to go out on my bike with it since it makes hatching the eggs easier.

On the topic of the gyms getting stuck at high levels, there's a few gyms locally that are like that but other than today where there were four of them, usually these are few and far between.

I was hardcore into the game for the first few months, but have kind of fallen off the grid recently. Most of the time I spent playing was done walking around NYC early in the morning before I got into the office, but since September I've been trying to get in earlier and earlier to get more stuff done, so that kind of killed my momentum. I still am missing three or four from my Pokedex. I might pick it back up again if a new update comes out with some cool new features or the Gen 2 creatures.

Just hit level 25, so I am still playing kind of. Now it is just a matter of hatching eggs, getting buddy candies and if by chance, finding one of the few I do not have yet. Kind of hard for me to do right now when it is dark before I get to work, and it is dark after I finish work.

FYI...

Trick-or-Treat, Trainers!

It’s Halloween season and we have a treat for you! From October 26th to November 1st, you’ll earn double the amount of Candy every time you catch, hatch and transfer Pokémon! Don’t forget your Buddy Pokémon, because they will help you earn Candy four times as fast.

If you encounter more spooky Pokémon than normal, don’t be startled, they want to enjoy the fun too! Scare up some friends, grab your buddy and enjoy this spooky, fun celebration with us!

Happy Halloween!

The Pokémon GO team

Link

TL;DR= HOORAY MORE F**KING ZUBATS (But the Candy thing is awesome).

^The candy is certainly the best part of this 'event' other than the fact that they're going to start doing 'events' in general.

I havne't been able to play in a couple of weeks due to family stuff, but looking forward to getting back out and walking and playing a bunch with some better Florida weather.