TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom and Holiday World Weekend

The wife and I decided to take a road trip to Kentucky Kingdom and Holiday World.

I went to KK when lightning Run opened. We decided to go back to ride Storm Chaser. It was Sunday and stormed in the morning. I dont know if it was the high expectations or what but I was let down. I was wanting more. I still think LR is the best ride in the park. Storm Chaser does all the same tricks as LR but doesn't seem to do them as well or as smoothly. On a side note though Cyclos is so much better then I was thinking.

Lightning Run 5x 10/10

Storm Chaser 3x 8/10

T3 1x I like the vests 7/10 wfi

Thunder Run 1x was better then I remember 7/10

Roller Skater 1x 5/10

This was me and my wifes first ever trip to Holiday World. We have heard so much good stuff that we were excited. I liked Wildebeast. That was such a good water coaster. We went Monday the 4th and dealt with the rain. It was a big let down. I heard how amazing the park was and did not understand the hype. It was not what I was expecting at all. Voyages first half was fun, but after the MCBR it beat the hell out of me. I have and always have hated the B&M vest restraints so that ruined Thunderbird for me. But it was very pretty and the launch was good. Legend was a huge surprise for me, I feel like it doesn't get the credit it deserves. It rode better then the Raven and Voyage this day. Im hoping the rain was the reason for our less then stellar trip to Holiday World. We plan on giving it a 2nd chance when the add some stuff in a couple years

Voyage 2x 8/10

Raven 2x 7/10

Lengend 2x 8/10

Thunderbird 7/10

Both had very good waterparks, and both days were very rainy

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoyed your short report. I'm sorry it wasn't what you were hoping. I've never been to either park but my friends rave about HW. I wonder if it was because of the rain. Also it looks like you gave KK a better overall rating for their rides, but just barley. It would be interesting to see other enthusiasts give their scores. These two parks seem similar in size, charm and ride selection.

Enjoyed your short report. I'm sorry it wasn't what you were hoping. I've never been to either park but my friends rave about HW. I wonder if it was because of the rain. Also it looks like you gave KK a better overall rating for their rides, but just barley. It would be interesting to see other enthusiasts give their scores. These two parks seem similar in size, charm and ride selection.

Awhile ago, I'd have argued that Holiday World was by far the better park, but I'm strangely moving towards KK. No doubt that HW's scenery and topography is more interesting, but Kentucky Kingdom has some solid landscaping generally looks quite crisp in addition to having a more well rounded dry ride selection. Put in a log flume and dark ride at KK and they're in really really good shape. Biggest difference is operations, but even then I've had some less than sterling moments at Holiday World throughout the years.

I still think LR is the best ride in the park. Storm Chaser does all the same tricks as LR but doesn't seem to do them as well or as smoothly.

Seriously... How anybody could find LR "smoother" than Storm Chaser is beyond me! I rode SC 20 times a little over a month ago, and could have ridden it a ton more. 7 rides on LR and I was good for the day!

To each their own though!

I still think LR is the best ride in the park. Storm Chaser does all the same tricks as LR but doesn't seem to do them as well or as smoothly.

Seriously... How anybody could find LR "smoother" than Storm Chaser is beyond me! I rode SC 20 times a little over a month ago, and could have ridden it a ton more. 7 rides on LR and I was good for the day!

To each their own though!

The ride op kept stapling me on SC. Its not that I thought SC wasn't smooth, LR must of just been on that day because it was amazing just as it was in 2014. Both were great rides though. I thought the dry side of KK was better then HW and thought the Water Park was better at HW. Im guessing my expectations were just to high for HW. Both were fun though and we will return to both in the future.