TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Wisconsin Dells Restaurant Recommendations

So later in July I'm headed to the Dells for my first ever visit which also happens to be my friend's bachelor party. 8 of us guys will be in town visiting Timber Falls, Mt. O, and Noah's Ark (at the least) and we're looking to have a good celebratory meal/drinks one of the nights after we get done in the parks. I know the Dells is an amalgamation of small tourist attractions and resorts so I really have no clue where to get some good, non-chain-restaurant, mid-high range grub and cocktails. Does such a place even exist in the Dells?

Any other general Dells pro-tips would be appreciated.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sprecher's is great. The curds were on point, the hard rootbeer is the best on out there, and they also have tons of other great food/drinks.

http://www.sprecherbrewery.com/index.php

Ride all the go carts and run as many kids off the road as you can.

Ride Hercules in the front or else you might have your spine fall apart.

Ride Cyclops in the back.

Hades 360 was not nearly as bad as all of the other reports I read. It was pretty great, actually. Not sure how it's holding up this season but perhaps others can chime in. I rode in the back and thought there was some solid airtime.

Avalanche is a great ride. Try out the front and the back.

Nig's bar was great (seriously, that's the name) and it seemed like the local's spot. Shot, beer + pint to take home was $5.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60403-d1127632-Reviews-Nigs_Bar-Wisconsin_Dells_Wisconsin.html

The rest of that street looked like fun as well.

Moosejaws is a very popular spot to eat in the Dells, so getting a table might be kind of difficult depending on the influx of tourists. If you are able to pay a visit, however, I would definitely recommend it. The pizza there is great and the place has its own microbrewery, so feel free to try some Wisconsin beer or just some homemade root beer. The theming in the restaurant is pretty cool too, but obviously the main draw is the free paper moose antlers that you can proudly wear around and show off.

They even have the PT Cruisers with the moose lying on top of them. It's too weird to pass up.

My experience with Hades 360 was actually great too, so it really surprised me to hear people who rode after me say it was so awful. The front seat is the smoothest ride and definitely an awesome experience.

Moosejaws is a very popular spot to eat in the Dells, so getting a table might be kind of difficult depending on the influx of tourists. If you are able to pay a visit, however, I would definitely recommend it. The pizza there is great and the place has its own microbrewery, so feel free to try some Wisconsin beer or just some homemade root beer. The theming in the restaurant is pretty cool too, but obviously the main draw is the free paper moose antlers that you can proudly wear around and show off.

They even have the PT Cruisers with the moose lying on top of them. It's too weird to pass up.

My experience with Hades 360 was actually great too, so it really surprised me to hear people who rode after me say it was so awful. The front seat is the smoothest ride and definitely an awesome experience.

I can definitely agree with this. I always make it a point in my trips to the dells to visit Moosjaws. Great food and atmosphere. The wait can get pretty crazy though, so be prepared for that.