TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

RMC Part Recall

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop parroting, "we have found no fault with our trains", and answer the damn question. What could have happened if that part failed? "We have found no fault with our trains". Well you are doing a recall so what are supposed to take from that? "We have found no fault with our trains". Uhg I hate corporate double speak.

Stop parroting, "we have found no fault with our trains", and answer the damn question. What could have happened if that part failed? "We have found no fault with our trains". Well you are doing a recall so what are supposed to take from that? "We have found no fault with our trains". Uhg I hate corporate double speak.

Clearly you do not understand the GP. They, I am sure, already hold their own assumptions to what would have happened anyway.

At least they said what the problem was, which is more than what is said in most cases.

It's the cylinders in the trains on the new for 2016 rides. RMC developed new cylinders for the restraint system, which I'm assuming make them go up and down easier. Unless RMC updated all of their trains in operation, this recall should only be for this years rides, hence why all the older RMC's continue operation. They discovered the problem on Joker and have closed Wildfire and LR. I'm assuming Storm Chaser will close as well unless their trains were manufactured apart from these trains or KK opted to go with the old cylinders to cut costs.

^You should not assume to know. It makes you look less intelligent. Prime example, look one page back for a statement from Kentucky Kingdom.

Not to be rude, but the KK thing was about the only thing I really assumed and that's because I didn't see their statement. That's my bad. This RMC Part Recall thing is practically being discussed across 3 or 4 threads and all I was trying to do was bring all the facts together as there seems to be some confusion to which RMC's should be closed.

So what part exactly was recalled? It sounds like some kind of hydraulic cylinder for the restraint locking mechanism, but I'm not positive.

Thanks! Now I'm curious what exactly was discovered with that part to warrant a recall. Here's hoping it was something minor, like a seal that was wearing out quicker than expected.

So what part exactly was recalled? It sounds like some kind of hydraulic cylinder for the restraint locking mechanism, but I'm not positive.

Thanks! Now I'm curious what exactly was discovered with that part to warrant a recall. Here's hoping it was something minor, like a seal that was wearing out quicker than expected.

Yeah, I don't know the specifics, but I heard that the problem was really bothersome for the restraints on Joker, as well as Lightning Rod. Kolmården said that they found no issues on Wildfire, but it's better safe than sorry.

Yeah, I don't know the specifics, but I heard that the problem was really bothersome for the restraints on Joker, as well as Lightning Rod. Kolmården said that they found no issues on Wildfire, but it's better safe than sorry.

Whether or not a faulty cylinder has been the cause of issues on the Joker has not been confirmed. (As far as I know. Please correct me if I'm wrong) It does seem very likely to be the cause, though.