TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Quote of the Week

strz

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today on Screamscape:

2018 - New Coaster - Rumor - (8/25/16) So while many were disappointed by the announcement of a Planet Snoopy expansion in 2017, there is one upside to this news. Typically when a park spends very little on new capital in one year, they are saving up to spend quite a bit more the following year on a major new project, such as a giant roller coaster. With that in mind, what could be coming to Kings Dominion in 2018?

The rumor mill is already busy whispering the rumors, with the main concept said to be in development right now possibly being B&M's first Launched Flying Coaster. This would also be the first B&M coaster developed directly for Kings Dominion as well as Busch Gardens Williamsburg always seemed to get them first in the past, but they haven't bought a B&M since Griffon back in 2007. Oh, and don't count Dominator... it was built for Six Flags Ohio and moved to KD when that park closed.

So with BGW not having purchased a new coaster from B&M in 10 years it looks like any exclusivity contract for the local market that they might have had will come to an end in time for KD to get a B&M in 2018. Now I'm not sure how well a launch might feel on a Flying coaster, but I'm curious to see how it works out if the rumor holds true.

Today on Screamscape:

tumblr_n26ztaOcXf1tsf68ao1_400.gif

In my trip report that y'all should check out

Holy sh*t a hotel with bed runners. Evidently Thrill Coaster Tours (whoever they are) spares no expense. That entitled rich kid must have made some pretty hefty demands to get bed runners on a coaster trip for a bunch of 16 year olds. Tell that spoiled rich kid to go trash a Super 8 on his mom's credit card like normal people his age.

... entitled little sh*t

In regards to the Six Flags 2017 announcements for La Ronde

Speaking of announcements, I'm going with Larson Loop on this one. It's perfect for the park because it comes right out of the box with only one "train" and no ability to ever run another one and it only requires 1 ride op who will of course be 2 hours late to open the ride each day so operating costs should be pretty minimal.

After pages, upon pages, upon pages of discussion in the Cedar Point thread about Mean Streak, I ran across this gem:

Man, this thread got savage while I was gone today!

We're on a bit of a mean streak today. We're trying to be festive.

Sure, Americans (specifically Californians) are doing what they always do and inventing things to be offended about so Cedar Fair caved (again) because apparently Halloween is a time where we need to focus on sensitivity and making sure we don't upset anyone while jumping out at people from behind depictions of bloodied, mutilated bodies and trying to scare the sh*t out of them.

This is definitely in the running for best first post ever.

They caved...to coal miners?

Hi guys. Long time coal miner and lurker here. I felt compelled to make my first post after more than six years of just reading to say coal miners are nearly impossible to offend. We are aware of the jokes and stereo types. Hell, we make them ourselves. Anyway, I'll be at Kings Island Saturday with my 9 year old son, enjoying the crap out of the offensive haunts. Now back to my hole in the ground.

Maybe Gatekeeper, Gatekeeper is like a 25 million dollar pile of enthusiast repellent.

y'all are losing respect within the community, and it's not for not reason.

I would personally be honored to be hated by the vast majority of the enthusiast community. If I was respected by a bunch of people in patch jackets who didn't bathe regularly I would actually be slightly depressed.

Same!

Looks like an RMC truck stopped by KI? Photo cred to KICentral on twitter.

OMG! That's what's in the shed! They finally made a coaster for enthusiasts, you guys--hear me out, this is legit--at the end of Mystic Timbers, you go into the shed to see an RMC truck! Jizz yourself with excitement! It's happening. It's real. It's confirmed. You heard it here first.

Even if it were the best, that's not saying much. Being the best SLC is like being the best vacuum cleaner on the market. Sure, you might be the best, but you still suck.

Best SLC analogy. . . Ever!!

Banshee is my personal # 5 coaster

Aren't you the guy that was complaining about forceless B&M's in the Magic Mountain thread and saying that anyone that liked them was "easily impressed" in a super condescending way? Good, just checking.

Coasterbill strikes again!!!

I can't put my finger on any specific coaster, but for me just roughness isn't enough to make a bad coaster. Usually roughness comes with age or cheap price, but what makes a BAD coaster for me is something that they spent lots of money on but it ends up having no force, no sense of acceleration, no thrill

but what if it's forceless and rattles?

This made me laugh so hard. Well done!

If you listen closely you can actually hear the sounds of the TPR haters feverishly clicking their print screen buttons to document their outrage that anyone could be celebrating the demise of such a classic, timeless and unimaginably mediocre, forgettable coaster that nobody cared about while it was operating.

^

Haha. There will be zero clowns just because of what is going on, and people will expect it. Also, people don't like clowns, so best to keep away from it.

Good idea. It's best to keep Haunted houses sensitive to people's feelings. Make sure you avoid putting things in them that people might not like because they might find them scary.