TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

On Ride Photos

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

This is more "On Ride: In The Station" kind of photo, lol.

It was taken on Wed.March 27th in Parque Bicentario, one of the

parks in TPR's Mexico Tour, back then. This one was located

between Mexico City and Guadalajuara.

With this loopscrew coaster, called Montana Rusa. Which several

of us found funny, as an earlier coaster we'd ridden, at La Feria park

in Mexico City ~ a mobius wooden coaster ~ was also named

Montana Rusa. Huh.

And so it goes...

(EDIT to add: And here's the Trip Report where this photo came from:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=65318 )

620189392_ResizeofIMG_2065.JPG.614c551e2028059df7b4056ff91a5711.JPG

Me, JC and "others" (hi others!) on the loopscrew, in the station, at Parque Bicentario.

Edited by Nrthwnd

Not very long ago, I decided that I want to collect onride photos. First I was against those things because of the high price for one single photo. But I found out you can get some pretty fun deals like 5 photos for 20 pounds in the UK, and overall not all the onride photo's are that expensive. Here is my collection so far. The next rides I want a photo of is Chiapas in Phantasialand (when it opens), The Smiler in October and one in Blackpool (maybe also one of Psyké Underground in Walibi Belgium, but I'm not sure if they installed a camera in the ride, I think not...)

Enjoy :

The Swarm - Thorpe Park (UK)- April 2013

Stealth - Thorpe Park (UK)- April 2013

Mammut - Tripsdrill (Germany)- April 2013

G'sengte Sau - Tripsdrill (Germany)- April 2013 (picture was very small to scan it in)

Wodan - Europapark (Germany)- April 2013 :almost all six friends in one pic, sadly not for Jim (bottom left)

Superman - Parque Warner Madrid (Spain)- September 2012

(by this time, I didn't bought many pictures... Sadly because I have ridden Goliath at Walibi World and Expedition Geforce by this time )

Oblivion - Alton Towers (UK)- November 2011

Shock - Rainbow Magicland (Italy)- August 2011 (Everybody in photo-position, just awesome! I'm the one front seat, at the left side (grey t-shirt)

Katun (best B&M ever) - Mirabilandia (Italy)- August 2011: after ridden it a coplle of times (14 times) you can become a little mad, espacially at 10 PM

Timber Drop - Fraispertuis City (France) - August 2011 (my first S&S before the one in Gardaland)

Ending up with the best theme park in Europe: Silver Star - Europapark (Germany) - August 2011 (front seat madness)

If I have a new one, I will post them here !

With this loopscrew coaster, called Montana Rusa. Which several

of us found funny, as an earlier coaster we'd ridden, at La Feria park

in Mexico City ~ a mobius wooden coaster ~ was also named

Montana Rusa. Huh.

Montana Rusa is Roller Coaster in Spanish, and has many cognates in other languages.

^ I can shed even more light on this. When you translate "roller coaster" from English to Spanish, the output is "montana rusa." If you then translate "montana rusa" back into English, the output is "Russian mountains." Pretty interesting.

^If you know your ride history, they're called that because of the Russian ice slides that gave rise to coasters. Even after the ice slide concept was spread and modified, the "Russian Mountains" name stuck with them.

^ Great on-ride shots.

But, uh, don't you mean for that last one.... "Front row left"...?

Our left, you mean?

Just checking here.

Unless you've gone through some.... changes recently?

Between Millenium Force, and GateKeeper?

Again I seldom buy onride photos but I think this coaster was worthy of doing such...plus the shot just happened to catch our entire group of TPR members on the train

GSonridephoto1.thumb.jpg.40714be84cc3e0de556525909118d620.jpg

fbcoverphotonew.jpg.ba9689064ee11c824cb08599ac077720.jpg

And another shot (not an official onride photo but a cool one at that, shot by a fellow TPR member/ACER)...I fixed it up for my cover photo on FB.

• 1 month later...

I've got a few - chronicling my history of coaster riding once I got past my coaster phobia.

Here's an oldie of me on Anaconda at KD (looks like I'm still working out my coaster phobia, and maybe I was...I'm on the left in the back)

Then there's my old fave Goliath at SFMM (on the right, in the back in the orange tie-dye shirt):

And then me on TTD (on the left):

Finally, I had to get one of myself riding the most mind-blowing coaster I've set foot on since I rode TTD and MF back in 04 (I'm in the left, or the viewer's right, center seat)':

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...