TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point, Early June (Please Help!)

Hey guys. I'm currently at 83 in my coaster count, and I'll be at Cedar Point which has 17 coasters, so doing math I'm hoping for 100 coasters exactly!!!

And to do this, I need to ask you something. What's the best way to hit all 17 coasters at Cedar Point in 1 day?

PLEASE NOTE: I will not be making a purchase of Fast Lane Plus

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't get any FL when I went last year either. I didn't go in any particular order (I made sure to get in line for TTD when the park opened, but that was it).

Try to stay on CP property (a la Hotel Breakers). If you do, you can get the hour Early Entry, which is a major help (It was for me at least). Most of the major rides (at least, from last year) will be open, and will have fairly short waits. We stayed at Breakers Express, and it was a great thing to have. We hit three coasters before the park opened thanks to it.

My advice? If you have 16 credits and one hour left in the day, get in line for Millennium Force again for a night ride instead of squeezing your way into a kiddie coaster. It's great that you want that 100th credit, but an amusement park should be fun, and you might only get that experience once.

My advice? If you have 16 credits and one hour left in the day, get in line for Millennium Force again for a night ride instead of squeezing your way into a kiddie coaster. It's great that you want that 100th credit, but an amusement park should be fun, and you might only get that experience once.

Another ride on Millennium Force is just a second ride on one coaster. For a 100th credit, I need to ride all 17 coasters. I currently have 83.

I didn't get any FL when I went last year either. I didn't go in any particular order (I made sure to get in line for TTD when the park opened, but that was it).

Try to stay on CP property (a la Hotel Breakers). If you do, you can get the hour Early Entry, which is a major help (It was for me at least). Most of the major rides (at least, from last year) will be open, and will have fairly short waits. We stayed at Breakers Express, and it was a great thing to have. We hit three coasters before the park opened thanks to it.

I'm unfortunately not staying on the property of the park. I really wanted to, but most of my family's activities at that time will be in Toledo.

This is the schedule that someone gave me to ride all 17 coasters in one day. Tell me what you think about it:

1. Maverick

2. Millennium Force

3. Iron Dragon, and look at the TTD queue on the helix turning into the second lift hill to scout out queue length.

4. If TTD queue doesn't appear too long (say two blocks of the switchbacks in the line), proceed there.

5. Magnum XL-200

6. Valravn

7. Blue Streak

8. Gatekeeper

9. Wicked Twister

10. Raptor (if queue is above 45 minutes, save for later)

11. Rougarou

12. Cedar Creek Mine Ride

13. Mean Streak

14. Gemini

15. Wilderness Run

16. Woodstock Express, if that's your thing.

17. Corkscrew

Ending at Corkscrew puts you in the middle of the park, and in good position to head for any rides you had missed prior due to downtime, long queues, etc.

Do you have a kid with which to ride Wilderness Run? Are you below the maximum height limit? Because if the answers to those two things are "no", then you're not riding 17 coasters at Cedar Point.

As far as the list goes, I think you should do Dragster and Maverick first, then maybe cycle back to Millennium Force. You don't have the benefit of early entry, and that's gonna make things challenging (especially if this is a Fri-Sun situation). By the time you get to MF, it'll probably have a line, but if you're lucky with timing and ride openings, the masses will have gone to Valravn first and ignored the giga a little further down. Then go back and to the back half of the park, and hit the front half later in the evening (after 5PM). It is theoretically doable, but you might not ride anything but coasters and you probably won't have time for any shows or a sit down meal. On the upside, I guess you'll be able to brag to someone that you have a 100 coasters on your count. I hope there's someone out there to whom that means something for you.

You'll be cutting it close if you don't have fast lane. Anyhow, I'd recommend going on the rides with the longest wait times first. Don't go on any of the rides towards the front of the park until the afternoon, as those are extremely busy in the morning hours. Millennium Force, Maverick, and Dragster often have the longest wait times, but sometimes GateKeeper and Raptor can get pretty long as well.

Good luck!

Edit: Though I have to say that it would've been much easier to ask this in the Cedar Point thread....

Do you have a kid with which to ride Wilderness Run? Are you below the maximum height limit? Because if the answers to those two things are "no", then you're not riding 17 coasters at Cedar Point.

I was going to post this as well! Sorry to scuttle your plans for 17, Imagineer Josh, but unless you have a kid with you, or convince a random kid to ride (which would be a little creepy), you won't be able to get on Wilderness Run...

Do you have a kid with which to ride Wilderness Run? Are you below the maximum height limit? Because if the answers to those two things are "no", then you're not riding 17 coasters at Cedar Point....

1) I'll bring my cat.

and

2) I'll be so hunched over by then (age thing), I'll probably easily be below the max height limit.

Continue discussion...

IMG_0318.JPG.d68ac63d9df4ba38a0fdacfd80a4ecc1.JPG

And she's plugged in, ready to ride!

So no early entry, you won't buy Fastlane and you need to borrow a kid to ride Wilderness Run?

Lol have fun with that. I sort of like the plan you posted because then you'll be stuck with a terrible 100th coaster and that's kind of funny. My suggestion would be to skip the kids coasters and focus on enjoying yourself rather than trying to convince someone to let you borrow their kid to ride a kiddy coaster. Throw in Maxair and Skyhawk if you have time. They're better than some of the coasters.

If you insist on doing that though don't ride Valravn, Raptor, Blue Streak, Wicked Twister or Gatekeeper until afternoon / evening. Lines get much shorter as the day goes on.

Sometimes, a few people forget, that a park's total coaster number,

includes children's coasters they might not be allowed on, solo.

Just sayin'...

he's only 14. . he might be short enough.

but yeah. . if you want to guarantee all coasters, and actually, you know, ENJOY the park instead of racing from coaster to coaster?

spend the money and buy Fastlane.

(and this is coming from someone who NEVER buys fastlane/fastpass. . we just do 2 or more days at a park, or just skip things, if we only have 1 day)

... or you could just forget this whole kiddy coaster thing and just have fun.

^THIS

Take it from somebody who rode Wilderness Express (Jr. Gemini) back in 83 when I was actually, you know, a kid! It's not worth being that lame coaster enthusiast/creeper guy, just to get the credit!

Another ride on Millennium Force is just a second ride on one coaster. For a 100th credit, I need to ride all 17 coasters. I currently have 83.
The point is to ride a great coaster again rather than going on something just for the cred. Hitting for the cycle (hitting all of the coasters) is a luxury, particularly since you're not going to hit Wilderness Run and will not pass 99 credits.

Having 99 credits is a nice position to be in, anyway. The next time you go to a new park to ride something awesome, that awesome coaster gets to be your 100th cred.

My suggestion is to get to the park as soon as it opens, expecting to stay there until it closes. Whatever the posted closing time is, that's not when they close the rides. If you're in line, you get to ride (short of a breakdown or bad weather, I assume). So if the park closes at 9 and you're at the end of an hour-long line for Corkscrew, you'll get to ride.

Edited by BigBad

There will be plenty of other parks and coasters in your life, don't worry about 100. Just have fun, I'm sure you'll get another chance at CP later on in your life.

Don't worry... there's still hope for 17

pipescreambanner21.jpg

... or you could just forget this whole kiddy coaster thing and just have fun.

Never thought I would say this, but I might just consider it a coaster. JUST THIS ONCE. No Larson Stupid Loops or Cheesy Disco rides to count

Take it from somebody who rode Wilderness Express (Jr. Gemini) back in 83 when I was actually, you know, a kid! It's not worth being that lame coaster enthusiast/creeper guy, just to get the credit!

OP is 14 and still a kid in my definition. Still a good age to ride those kind of things and not be considered too weird, unless he admits the real reason he's riding it.

Having 99 credits is a nice position to be in, anyway. The next time you go to a new park to ride something awesome, that awesome coaster gets to be your 100th cred

Totally agree. For me, it was important to make my 100th something exciting and worth sharing, but I also wasn't going to go super out of my way or avoid any coasters in order to make the 100th something good. Same thing happened with my 150 recently and I was able to make it something good because I didn't whore at my last park and just rode what I wanted to ride.

If you go to CP and ride the things you wanna ride and get rerides on the good ones without worrying about credits, you'll have a better time and you might be able to make #100 something really good at the next new park you visit.

Also, counting something that isn't a coaster as a coaster doesn't make you have 100 credits.

I hit my 100th coaster long before the interwebby was around and didn't know that was a thing to hit 100 back then. I've tried to count all the coasters I've ridden but just gave up, too many. Just ride 'em and have a blast. It's kinda like loosing, oh sorry, this a family site

OP is 14 and still a kid in my definition. Still a good age to ride those kind of things and not be considered too weird, unless he admits the real reason he's riding it.

Point taken. But if he's too tall to ride, even as a "kid" still, it'll require some sort of little kid recruitment, which is a little weird at any age... My suggestion to not even worry about it, due it its complete lack of anything approaching thrill or excitement, still stands!

I hit my 100th coaster long before the interwebby was around and didn't know that was a thing to hit 100 back then. I've tried to count all the coasters I've ridden but just gave up, too many. Just ride 'em and have a blast. It's kinda like loosing, oh sorry, this a family site

This is the position I'm in as well...

^ Still? I checked yesterday, and it was still down, after a couple of days.

Hmmm.

I hit my 100th when I turned 53, and it was in Wales on my very

first TPR Tour, through the UK, in 2006.

Best coaster to get as #100, too....

CoasterNo.100_ClownOakwoodParkWales.jpg.9d308640dddb8fc43f385b8733faa452.jpg

Oakwood Park, Wales. Shameful? I forget what shame is, at my age. :p