TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

El Toro vs Skyrush Airtime

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think the airtime on both is comparable, though Skyrush doesn't have the surprise super forceful RT drop. I don't think one has more forceful airtime that the other.

The difference, at least for me, is the seats and restraints. I can ride El Toro, experience insane extreme ejector airtime, go fully hands up and never feel like I'm going to REALLY be thrown from the train (even though without the lapbar I would most certainly be). El Toro's main airtime spots are on the drop, the first two giant hills, and then the RT hill - all straight drops. Butt out of seat, butt back down. Pretty straight forward. The "finale" twister section is an entirely different conversation thats not about airtime.

Skyrush, on the other hand, is all over the place, and I cannot ride without whiteknucking the entire ride because between the air and the laterals at spots, combined with the single lapbar and bucketsets with no way to stabilize your lower body by pushing your feet against the floor like Toro, (at least if you are on the wing seats) it truly, terrifyingly, yet gloriously feels like you are going to be thrown in every which direction.

Don't know if any of this makes sense but that's may take on it.

Personally I think the airtime on both is comparable, though Skyrush doesn't have the surprise super forceful RT drop. I don't think one has more forceful airtime that the other.

The difference, at least for me, is the seats and restraints. I can ride El Toro, experience insane extreme ejector airtime, go fully hands up and never feel like I'm going to REALLY be thrown from the train (even though without the lapbar I would most certainly be). El Toro's main airtime spots are on the drop, the first two giant hills, and then the RT hill - all straight drops. Butt out of seat, butt back down. Pretty straight forward. The "finale" twister section is an entirely different conversation thats not about airtime.

Skyrush, on the other hand, is all over the place, and I cannot ride without whiteknucking the entire ride because between the air and the laterals at spots, combined with the single lapbar and bucketsets with no way to stabilize your lower body by pushing your feet against the floor like Toro, (at least if you are on the wing seats) it truly, terrifyingly, yet gloriously feels like you are going to be thrown in every which direction.

I would agree with this 100%. I'll add that at first I hated Skyrush but over the years it has grown on me and I now actually look forward to the out of control ride you get on the wing seats.

I agree with what boldikus said about Skyrush, those laterals in the back left wing are no joke! It took multiple rides and all the willpower I had to not try and grab back on during some of those OMFG moments on Skyrush. I've never had that experience on El Toro or any other coaster...where I legit felt like the airtime was going to throw me out of the coaster. A lot of it is because of the restraints, it's scary how much range of motion you have. A few times, I allowed myself a little extra space between my thigh and the restraint (as I do with a lot of lapbar-only coasters) and on that first drop, I really thought, "This is it, I'm done for now. Shouldn't have done that." Which really only lasted like one second before I was thrown back down, screaming, but alive.

However, I LOVE El Toro as well. These two coasters are two of my top 3. I'd say El Toro has more sustained ejector than Skyrush. Like, you're out of your seat for the entire duration of the drop and first two hills, and in your seat only for a second at the bottom of them. And the Rolling Thunder Hill is still just something else. I'd say for the average, non-masochistic person, El Toro is much more a coaster you can marathon than Skyrush is.

I think this sums it up perfectly.

They're similar, but I'd harbor that Skyrush is a tad more aggressive whereas El Toro is a bit more sustained because the airtime hills are somewhat similar. To be honest, I was a bit let down by both rides, but Skyrush feels more like an endurance test than an enjoyable coaster (for the reasons Boldikus presented). From riding both, I learned that I'm not a huge fan of aggressive, bruise-inducing ejector air.

They're similar, but I'd harbor that Skyrush is a tad more aggressive whereas El Toro is a bit more sustained because the airtime hills are somewhat similar. To be honest, I was a bit let down by both rides, but Skyrush feels more like an endurance test than an enjoyable coaster. From riding both, I learned that I'm not a huge fan of aggressive, bruise-inducing ejector air.

Talking about bruise-inducing airtime, what do you think of the type offered by Euro fighters like Speed and Saw? Is that more your type of airtime thet you like? To be honest I have never been bruised by airtime

They're similar, but I'd harbor that Skyrush is a tad more aggressive whereas El Toro is a bit more sustained because the airtime hills are somewhat similar. To be honest, I was a bit let down by both rides, but Skyrush feels more like an endurance test than an enjoyable coaster. From riding both, I learned that I'm not a huge fan of aggressive, bruise-inducing ejector air.

Talking about bruise-inducing airtime, what do you think of the type offered by Euro fighters like Speed and Saw? Is that more your type of airtime thet you like? To be honest I have never been bruised by airtime

I've yet to ride a Euro fighter, so I don't know. I have ridden Fahrenheit, which has a similar beyond-vertical drop to the Euro fighters, but surprisingly I didn't find it to be that aggressive — even in the back seat. There's a little airtime hill at the end of that ride that's more intense than the first drop.

I will say that the ejector air on the RMCs I've ridden (Twisted Colossus and NTAG) has the capacity to bruise (especially Twisted Colossus which is quite aggressive in a couple of spots), but the rides are so much more balanced in that the focus isn't simply on throwing you around or up into the restraints as hard as they can. El Toro sits more in that category in that it's fun as well as being intense. I find Skyrush to be far too intense to be fun (even thought I rode it a grip of times).

El Toro. And furthermore I"m too much of a pussy to enjoy Skyrush

I left that comment specifically to see what you'd do with it. Lol

When are we hanging again? Any SFGAdv days planned soon? I miss you guyssssss

El Toro. And furthermore I"m too much of a pussy to enjoy Skyrush

I left that comment specifically to see what you'd do with it. Lol

When are we hanging again? Any SFGAdv days planned soon? I miss you guyssssss

Wildwood! I need that flume in my life immediately!

I love Skyrush. I did a marathon when the park was dead on it. 23 times without getting up in the back row left wing

You must have thighs of steel. I can do Skyrush once in a row before my legs need a break. I'll take Toro's airtime over Skyrush's any day. (Unless Skyrush were to change its restraints)

This is really no different than what most others are saying, but to me Skyrush's airtime is more intense, and El Toro's is more sustained, and plentiful. I prefer El Toro to Skyrush personally, but they are both fantastic coasters!