TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

One dead, twenty injured on ride accident in India.

The Disco Dancer ride at Kishkinta amusement park in Chennai in India has derailed and crashed to the ground, killing at least 1 rider and injuring 20 others. There is a video of it happening in the following link, quite disturbing to watch though.

http://rtlec.co.uk/index.php/at-least-one-dead-twenty-injured-as-giant-wheel-ride-crashes-to-ground-at-park-video/

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

According to this post on Facebook, it was a locally built version of the Zamperla Disk-o. It's a knock-off, so there's no fear in riding the Zamperla (legitimate) version of the Disk-o. It is a shame though that one person was killed. It appears that the staff were forced to ride, as if the owner of the ride knew as to what was going to happen!

What's amazing is that this doesn't happen more often. So many crappy east Asian companies are building stuff like this based off of pictures from western companies. It's all about making it look similar, not actually engineering it. The industry was really up in arms about it a few years ago, and I'm sure it will always be an issue.

I personally don't think it was a "ripoff"ride, as the Indian partks I know of tend to have the legit thing.

It can't be the real thing though, wrong dimensions and the centre of the plate doesn't have the hub which is necessary for zamperla Disk'o's to work.

Well, the accident is truly terrible. I feel bad for all those involved.

But what really gets me is this part:

The 20-odd people on the giant wheel at the time of the accident were workers who had been asked to take the ride as part on a trial run. Many of them said that they were reluctant to get on the ride, but were forced to go.

They were all employees, who were forced to ride it.

Watching the footage it was almost unbelievable to watch the ride dismantle and crash like that! Surprised more weren't killed in that awful and avoidable situation. Thoughts with all the family members and friends, guests, and others who saw this.