TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Upcoming Efteling visit

Hi guys.

Newby here!

I am planning in visiting Efteling in the following months.

I have been in DLRP for 4 times already and i want to try something different.

The biggest level of thrill that i can take is the same as BTM. .....yeah.Am a no big thrills guy :-/

So.....looking at Efteling's website i've noticed that there arent enough rollercoasters in the park.

So from those that i ''picked-up'', Joris en de Draak and Vogel Rokk.

Is the level of thrill the same as the BTM?

I can see through some videos that Joris en de Draak is not so hard (in terms of thrill level), but Vogel Rokk is kinda dark and i cannot see anything.

So please advise.....if those two are not at the same thrill level as BTM, then probably i wont be going....

Thnx in advance.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Efteling has 6 coaster (secretly 7 with JedD), 2 of them are thrill coasters, the rest is fun for the hole family. Efteling is no thrill park but a great themed experience

where you 're going to discover rides and themed building among the trees.

Watch this movie in order to get a good impression:

And don't forget Bob, the parks Bobsled coaster. It's a very fun ride and not that intense (less than Joris en de Draak).

Also, I don't consider Vliegende Hollander (Flying Dutchman) to be that much of a thrill coaster (actually slightly less than Joris), especially considering the coaster section is quite short.

Anyway, I hope you'll be having a great visit.

Flying dutchman is actually not much more intense than POTC at DLP, so you should be fine. Vogelrok is basically just a big kiddy coaster, so you won't miss much if you don't like riding coasters in the dark.

If you do feel like you want to try something more thrilling. I suggest you try the baron rather than python. Its a lot more pleasant of a ride experience.

I'd call Vliegende Hollander a family thrill ride, it is more of a dark ride/splash combo than a thrillcoaster or anything. Pretty much all the coasters are doable for the not so thrilly riders (other than Python & Baron). Vogel Rok is pretty tame, the GP usually thinks its really fast and has inversions, but it has a really simple layout and doesn't do anything crazy other than go fairly fast in the dark.

Joris en de Draak is probably the third most thrilling coaster, but a really fun one!

And lol yeah, Baron might have a gnarly first drop, but its silky smooth and thus in a way less intense than Python....kinda

Long story short: when I go to the Efteling with family, the kids do ride: Vogel Rok, Vliegende Hollander, Bob, Joris en de Draak. They usually skip Python and Baron.

Thnx for the replies guys....I really appreciate it!!!!

So.....Baron and Python are excluded......Still got 3 roller coaasters and some dark rides and also the museum and diorama and the fairytale forest....lovely!!!!

If i'de go on Monday noon, around 13:00 and leave Friday morning, you think this would be enough?

Will i have plenty of time to see everything?

Thnx in advance

I'd say it's a little long. Depending on how buisy the park is you can do most of the big rides in a day for sure.

THnx for your reply!

Well i guess that if i got some free time then i might go exploring the neighboring areas!

Any ideas on when they will pu on their website the opening hours for early 2017?

I was planning in going during December 2016 but they will have a few attractions close for refurb....

Well i guess that if i got some free time then i might go exploring the neighboring areas!

Go to the city of Den Bosch, it's a direct bus easily from efteling (a shuttle to efteling and back leaves from the centre of den bosch) and straight from the bus stop in Den Bosch you get to the trainstation from which you can quickly walk into the old city and see their lovely city.

Go to the city of Den Bosch, it's a direct bus easily from efteling (a shuttle to efteling and back leaves from the centre of den bosch) and straight from the bus stop in Den Bosch you get to the trainstation from which you can quickly walk into the old city and see their lovely city.

Thnx for the info!!!!!