TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedarpoint opening weekend photo trip report.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Regarding the CONS, specifically, you nailed 'em!...

Hey, don't diss us OSU people! We love and have just as much right to ride coasters as you, and we were paying customers! I agree that it was crowded, but throughout the day, I didn't wait more than an hour for any ride (except the new hotness). It really wasn't THAT crowded (from my standpoint. You may have seen different).

The funny thing is, I wasn't even trying to diss OSU people there! Believe me, dissing OSU is one of my favorite things to do - if I did it, it wouldn't be subtle!

Everyone should diss OSU.

See, not so subtle there...

Go Buckeyes.

The Buckeyes weren't too happy either. I lot of my friends who went from OSU, who usually only go to CP once or twice a year, were bummed by the mass amounts of people. In years passed, if I recall from stories, OSU used to have fairly light crowds.

The funny thing is, I wasn't even trying to diss OSU people there! Believe me, dissing OSU is one of my favorite things to do - if I did it, it wouldn't be subtle!

As much as I dislike osu, that had nothing to do with the fact that it was bad planning.

I don't think the park was expecting sucks big crowds.

To the both of you, no hard feelings! I'm friendly about people making fun of Ohio State!

As for the "bad planning", they actually planned well, figuring that nobody would flock to Cedar Point for their new "mediocre" coaster!

I feel that the crowds were due to a combination of the great weather and the fact that the OSU people told more OSU people to attend due to the low crowds, but instead causing more crowds (my usual group of my brother and I was up to seven people this year!).

Don't worry, there are plenty more days this season when it won't be crowded!

Wasn't the osu day a week or so into to the season the past few years?

Only last year was and from what I heard wasn't very well recived by OSU, the two years before that it was held the Friday before opening day.

ps. Valravn is how it's spelled not Valravin.

Go Buckeyes.

The Buckeyes weren't too happy either. I lot of my friends who went from OSU, who usually only go to CP once or twice a year, were bummed by the mass amounts of people. In years passed, if I recall from stories, OSU used to have fairly light crowds.

Yea, but osu had the whole day.....pass holders only had 3 hours(well, 1 if you count the traffic ect...).

^ I was really excited when I first heard about this...until I realized that it was Bud and Bud Light.

Did they get rid of it this year? Wouldn't surprise me if they did given THAT selection!

The crazy thing is that Cleveland and Ohio as a whole has such a massive selection of craft beers that it would be so easy to have a great offering of beer at the park.

I considered wearing my MSU Big 10 Champions hoodie to the Passholder Preview night, but decided to be nice!

pshhhh....i wore my michigan gear. got quite the banter from the students GO BLUE!!!!

I saw a few of you brave souls! Well done! I applaud you! (Even if you're NOT the defending B1G Champions... )

^ I was really excited when I first heard about this...until I realized that it was Bud and Bud Light.

Did they get rid of it this year? Wouldn't surprise me if they did given THAT selection!

The crazy thing is that Cleveland and Ohio as a whole has such a massive selection of craft beers that it would be so easy to have a great offering of beer at the park.

Give me a blue moon, and I'll be a happy man.

I'm going guess there is Goose Island at the park, considering Busch now owns them. Unfortunately for beer loving theme park fans, it is likely Busch owns the distributor that sells beer to Cedar Point.