TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roller Coasters that could really use a refurbishment?

Definite fanboy here, but I say the last half of Wicked should be refurbished. It's just boring and rough at this point, even with the new wheel bogies added this year.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop riding El Toro in wheel seats. Stop riding all wood coasters on wheel seats. Seriously... stop it.

The only wood coaster that's so well maintained that it rides just as well in wheel seats as non wheel seats is the Phoenix. Otherwise cut it out or stop complaining. You should all know better. Lol

Even though I don't doubt this is good advice, you shouldn't have to worry about things like that just like you shouldn't have to adopt certain positions to ride, for instance, an SLC. Naturally it will provide a better ride but ideally every coaster would be smooth in any seat.

Okay, but this applies to pretty much every single 3 bench wood coaster on earth not named Phoenix. It's not like it's exclusive to one ride. They always run smoother in non wheel seats.

If anything I can see Magnum getting new track from Chance just like what they did with Phantom's Revenge. Fix those man part crushing hills on the return leg of the ride in the process.

Those hills are the best part and some of the most awesome ejector air on any coaster! Quite possibly my favorite moment (or stretch of moments really) on any coaster.

I also don't see how a flat lap bar crushes man parts. Maybe if it was a T bar.

• 3 months later...

I've compiled a comprehensive list.

Valravn (rattle)

Gatekeeper (death vests / rattle)

Batman at SFOG (rough)

Rougarou (not heartlined, rough)

Lightning Rod (needs a lift hill, launch is unreliable)

Millennium Force (lost it's #1 spot to Fury due to rattle)

Fury (rattling, about to give it's #1 spot back to Millennium Force due to expedited rattle)

Not a coaster but Troika (rattle)

Outlaw Run (getting rough, needs the RMC treatment).

Boulder Dash (pothole)

Rides that are perfect and don't need refurbishment...

Mean Streak.

Tsunami (M&D's)

Edited by coasterbill

I've compiled a comprehensive list.

Valravn (rattle)

Gatekeeper (death vests / rattle)

Batman at SFOG (rough)

Rougarou (not heartlined, rough)

Lightning Rod (needs a lift hill, launch is unreliable)

Millennium Force (lost it's #1 spot to Fury due to rattle)

Fury (rattling, about to give it's #1 spot back to Millennium Force due to expedited rattle)

Not a coaster but Troika (rattle)

Outlaw Run (getting rough, needs the RMC treatment).

Boulder Dash (pothole)

Thunderhead could definitely use some retracking. Back in May it was running very rough and left me with a minor headache.

I definitely agree. It has a killer layout but was definitely rougher than most other recent woodies.

Raven also needs some retracking based on my ride in June.

Other than that I would say that Raptor is most definitely too rough and needs the "better" vest restraints and for the inversions to be widened out so they don't create as much unnecessary force.

no. raptor is amazing as is and I can't imagine a better inverted coaster. if you took any part of that statement seriously you should probably see a therapist or something

Every Coaster at Mount Olympus. Every woodie there needs a complete GCI retrace and every one except Hades need Millenium Flyers. Its hard to think that if it wasn't so unsafe, it could be where Holiday World is at. Standout woodie, 2 supporting woodies, and a pretty good waterpark, thats pretty similar to Holiday World's lineup of attractions. If they pumped some major money into maybe a Premier Rides Launcher and gave the hotels/park grounds and waterpark an update, it could be at a Holiday World level

Georgia Cyclone would be awesome with a GCI refurb. It's just such a good layout! I would honestly love to see this more than an RMC conversion. Retrack it, take away the trims, put Millennium Flyers on it, reprofile trouble spots, and it would be great.

Also same treatment for Voyage.

Every Coaster at Mount Olympus. Every woodie there needs a complete GCI retrace and every one except Hades need Millenium Flyers. Its hard to think that if it wasn't so unsafe, it could be where Holiday World is at. Standout woodie, 2 supporting woodies, and a pretty good waterpark, thats pretty similar to Holiday World's lineup of attractions. If they pumped some major money into maybe a Premier Rides Launcher and gave the hotels/park grounds and waterpark an update, it could be at a Holiday World level

all of that, plus, you know, having employees show up to work on time and stuff

• 1 month later...