TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roller Coasters that Break Down a lot?

What roller coasters have you heard of or know that break down a lot? We all hold those grudges as coaster enthusiasts.

For me, Dark Knight at SFGAm breaks down every time I get in line, and it always leads to horrible capacity. Also, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts at Universal Studios Florida broke down a bunch while I was in line and also while I was on the ride

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll pick the low hanging fruit here: Kingda Ka. Goes down at least once a day (it seems like) for various reasons.

Not a coaster but a high thrill ride that also breaks down a lot: Demon Drop.

I'll add Outlaw Run to my list. We have been at the park pretty much every other weekend, for the past 2 seasons. (This is the third season we will be there that much) and Outlaw Run is down at least twice each day we have been there.

When I was at Cedar Point, Top Thrill Dragster was down about half of the time. I had gotten in line and left three times, and didn't get to ride until my fourth try. It was worth the effort though since it's an amazing ride. Funny thing is, the other Intamins at the park were hardly down at all.

The only other kind of ride I experience a lot of downtime with are flying coasters (both B&M and Vekoma). I'd guess the process of moving the seats into and out of flying position throws a monkey wrench in the works.

Boulder Dash has unfortunately been down a lot lately; they've had all kinds of trouble with the lift hill motor, even after replacing it. I hoped this season would be better, but it went down opening day after a couple hours...not looking great.

I'll pick the low hanging fruit here: Kingda Ka. Goes down at least once a day (it seems like) for various reasons.

Have to agree with this and TTD. The first two times we visited SFGAdv after Ka was put in (twice in three years) it was down for the entire day. I finally got on during the third visit after the coaster had been in operation for like six years.

And given the fact that I have been to CP so much over the years, TTD seems to go down at least once during our visit. Maverick is another one that likes to get a little grumpy - especially during morning early entry.

Superman at SFMM was another one that was down all day during our first two visits.

From an Aussie perspective, Green Lantern Coaster goes down fairly often. Superman Escape goes down too sometimes but it's usually up and running fairly quickly.

And really, any of the launched intamins in this country go down if it's raining.