TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Kings Dominion and BGW!

Glad you had a good time. I went to KD and BGW for the first time a couple of years ago.

Surprised you didn't like I305. Did you get any grey-out on the turnaround? That's what my buddy and I really loved. I too went to these two parks when they were dead and we rode I305 11 times I believe. I'm also surprised you thought Avalanche was rough. I actually really liked it because I loved the leaning-back padded train cars. I thought it was like riding a coaster while sitting in a recliner . Oh well to each their own.

BGW is awesome. Busch parks are known for quality over quantity and BGW is no exception. I too thought Alpengeist was one of the most intense coasters I have ever been on. After I rode it may have been the only time in my life where I wasn't sure if I would be able to ride it over and over not because it was bad or painful, just INTENSE. I felt like I needed a rest after each ride! Griffon was amazing too. I love the extra wide trains. If you are lucky enough to get the front row, one of the outside seats, if feels and looks like you are going to plow ride into the ground because the track is so far away. Ahh...I miss BGW, it makes me wax poetic...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Garbage review. I don't see how anyone doesn't like I305. Not all coasters are about airtime. Take Beast at KI for instance...It's not about airtime, and it's a great ride. Same goes for I305. It's not about airtime...It's about intensity. If you grayed out then it did it's job. It's an intense coaster. Whoever thinks roller coasters only have to have airtime to be good coasters doesn't need to be reviewing roller coasters. Sorry, but your opinion about I305 made the rest of you review hard to read and believe.

Garbage review. I don't see how anyone doesn't like I305. . .

Maybe because not everyone is the same?? Some people like things that other people don't necessarily like. . . Just like some people may not like things that everyone else seems to like.

I went to Cedar Point last week and decided to give Magnum another shot after riding it 3 years ago for my first time. And nope, I still hate it. . . .

Kind of like how you "hate" Magnum yet I really enjoy Magnum (as do many other people.)

Again, it's called "being different."

Garbage review. I don't see how anyone doesn't like I305. . .

Maybe because not everyone is the same?? Some people like things that other people don't necessarily like. . . Just like some people may not like things that everyone else seems to like.

Also (for what it's worth) I love Beast at KI.

Well, you have me listening again...You love the Beast. I mean, how could you not, right? Sorry I called your review garbage. I actually enjoyed your BGW review.

Great pictures and makes me happy I'm heading back to BGW June 11th! Haven't been since the last year of BBW, so need some new credits

I hate to admit it but I also was "meh" about I305. It was by no means a bad coaster but I was like "oh that was nice, onto the next". I know on here is like a hidden rule to not mention that!

Edited by deguy123

I hate to admit it but I also was "meh" about I305. It was by no means a bad coaster but I was like "oh the was nice, onto the next". I know on here is like a hidden rule to not mention that!

Stone the blasphemer!

Great pics and report on BGW! Truly one of the best themed and beautiful parks anywhere.

I can't believe how empty the park was- almost spooky.

Again, well done TR; thanks for taking the time to post it.

I have to think you're kind of grading against expectations. When a little woody kicks it for you that's really cool, but when a $25M 300' behemoth doesn't you're left scratching your head. But really, even if I305 was nothing but the drop (and that lift etc.!) into a brake run, that should be a "3" ... and I have to admit I find something lacking about it's first drop and think of it as the "launch" into the main part of the ride. Or maybe you're saying it just ended up being a 3 for you but you would have to admit there's more reason there for someone to try it and judge for themselves.

Maybe wasn't your time to click with it. I305 is unique and lacks some things other coasters do, but what it offers instead is not just different, but very non-trivial to accomplish.

Garbage review. I don't see how anyone doesn't like I305. Not all coasters are about airtime. Take Beast at KI for instance...It's not about airtime, and it's a great ride. Same goes for I305. It's not about airtime...It's about intensity. If you grayed out then it did it's job. It's an intense coaster. Whoever thinks roller coasters only have to have airtime to be good coasters doesn't need to be reviewing roller coasters. Sorry, but your opinion about I305 made the rest of you review hard to read and believe.

I would regard this as a "garbage" response. It's one thing to respectfully disagree with someone else's opinion, and quite another to label it as "garbage."

Remember--opinions are like a particular bodily orifice. Everybody has one. Please try to express yours more respectfully, or at least with a better sense of humor.

Edited by cfc

Great report! BGW is one of my favorite non-Disney parks. It's beautiful, has a really unique layout with all of the elevation changes, twists and turns, and has some fantastic attractions. In contrast to KD and other parks like it, it goes for quality over quantity of rides. Apollo's Chariot continues to be one of my all-time favorite. IMO has some of the best airtime on any coaster I've experienced, and is just so smooth. Verbolten is a lot of fun too and they did a great job with the theming. Food is great in the park as well. Just overall a fantastic park.

I would regard this as a "garbage" response. It's one thing to respectfully disagree with someone else's opinion, and quite another to label it as "garbage."

Remember--opinions are like a particular bodily orifice. Everybody has one. Please try to express yours more respectfully, or at least with a better sense of humor.

I did apologize for my "garbage" word. And I did admit he had a point.

Jesus, 23 rides on Griffon?!

I rode it 4 times in a row last time I went, but I was barely in commission after one ride of Alpengeist later on. My body can only take so much.

The Batman on steroids argument is correct. Usually after Batman I need a drink of water and a flume ride before I could continue with anything else, so you could imagine my love/hate relationship with Alpengeist.

I've never thought of I305 as on airtime coaster. The speed, insane lateral transitions, and proximity to ground are what makes it exceptional. For anyone that has not ridden it, don't expect a lot airtime. If you're looking for the insane intensity of I305 plus ejector airtime, Skyrush is perfect. I thought I was going to pass out and be ejected during my state of unconsciousness and I loved it. I'm also glad I'm not the only one that thinks Alpengeist is great.