TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Kings Dominion and BGW!

So, I took my first trip to Kings Dominion this weekend, and it was a decent little trip. It was very cold, and cloudy with a few showers throughout the day, so there were a LOT of closed rides, and basically everything was running one train aside from Dominator, Anaconda, and Volcano. The park itself is a very beautiful park. I love the fountains, and how lush the park is. There were a lot of trees. . . EVERYWHERE!! Which was nice. It hid a lot of the coasters from your sight until you were right next to them, or on another ride. Anywho: On with the rides!

Dominator: Dominator is by far the best floorless coaster I have ever been on. I really like how the pre-lift is a little different than the standard turn into the lift that you see on most B&M coasters. That loop though. . . Oh my! Words can not describe how massive it is. I don't know if it was because it was a slow day and the train was running a little slower than usual, but the amount of hangtime in the back row was un-real! I have never experienced anything like that on a B&M before. Also, I noticed throughout the day that none of the trims were actually being used, (again probably because it was a cold day, and the train was already running slow enough.) The MCBR never slowed the train down which made for some amazing airtime on the drop off the MCBR in the back row! The ride was glass smooth, and shockingly forcefull! A great way to start the day! 18 rides! 10/10!

Drop Zone: The only time Drop Zone moved the entire day was early in the morning when there were 3 people on it for a test ride. After that it never moved again. Which I am not to sad about considering I really don't care for drop towers.

Windseeker: Windseeker was closed the entire day. . . Shocker.

Flight Of Fear: Flight Of Fear remained closed the entire day.

Anaconda: Not nearly as rough as Vortex at Kings Dominion, however still pretty rough. The majority of the ride I spent in the "brace" position trying not to be beat to death. The layout was nothing amazing, but it sure is a beautiful coaster to look at!! 1 ride. 4/10.

Avalanche: A unique coaster. It was not nearly as rough as I thought it was going to be. However I was disappointed that the train did not get higher up on the inside of the ride. I guess I am spoiled by La Vibrator at SFOT which gets pretty close to 90 degrees sideways. I enjoyed Avalanche, it was worth riding once. But wouldn't care to ride it again. 1 ride. 3/10.

Backlot Stunt Coaster: I guess I was just spoiled by Kings Island, because this version of Backlot Stunt Coaster was a disappointment. The upwards helix after the launch did not fear nearly as forceful, and NONE of the theming was working at the MCBR. The only "themeing" that was working was the "splash" down. 2 rides. 5/10.

The Crypt: Watched it cycle, and considered riding it. But then decided not to mainly because I was about 75% positive it would make me sick, and I just wasn't willing to take that chance. However, the fire effect was amazing, and made for some great photos!!

Intimidator 305: Okay, so I had REALLY high expectations for this coaster, which I ended up lowering a bit after reading on here about how over rated this coaster was. Well, I guess I should have lowered my expectations even more because I got off of the coaster thinking "That was it? - - - I just don't get what all the hype is about." My first ride was in the back row, and it was... okay. Maybe it was just because my restraint was so tight, but I got zero airtime on the drop. Which I was expecting to have out of this world airtime, and I got nothing. Again, this could have been because of my restraint being so tight. After the drop I did experience minor grey out, and then there was the "airtime" hill that again (I think because of my restraint) provided zero airtime. Followed by a whole bunch of fast transitions, and that trim. . . WOW, that trim really slows the train down, more than I was expecting. I re-rode the coaster in the front hoping that the coaster would be a better experience, but nope. Same thing. Not to mention this coaster was a little on the rough side. Rode it twice, and I have no desire to ever ride it again. I agree with those who say this coaster is overrated, because to me it really is. 3/10.

Volcano: This coaster I went into with really low expectations, and I was blown away. The first launch was really forcefull, and the second launch out of the Volcano was awesome. There was so much hangtime at the top of the Volcano I found myself wondering if we were going to rollback. To avoid rollbacks the park was not loading the last row of the train. The slow inline twist provided a unique fun experience that I really enjoyed. 16 rides. 9/10.

Woodstock Express: I rode it just for the credit, but WOW was I surprised by this coaster. I rode in the back row, and got more airtime on the first drop than I got on all of i305. It was fun, but I felt a little strange being the only adult on the coaster. 1 ride. 7/10.

New addition to the park for 2017!! I found out that KD will be building the worlds first launched B&M Strata coaster!! Coming in 2017!! See photos for more details!!

All in all, I had a decent day at the park. But until they build something super amazing, and out of this world I have no desire to go back to the park.

Anywho, on with the photos which I am NOT a professional photographer so the photos will not be "that great!" But they are not "bad" photos either. Enjoy.

1.jpg.4fd2bb92cc78cb1cdb18f16a5a2fe5c2.jpg

No one has ever taken this photo before.

10.jpg.51f4dbbaa438680aa4fbfc821319ec29.jpg

I will admit this transition was fun.

11.jpg.192b9f014c66ec622c856679b166aad4.jpg

So. Much. Potential.

12.jpg.cf2f4b5e35aff1cd377970aef1cbf820.jpg

Closed.

13.jpg.f0dc8ed9913fdf38c5f404ff05422864.jpg

Decent little ride.

14.jpg.334fdb3ad41a2fef9366d08da5881f55.jpg

FIRE!!! YYYAAASSS!!!

15.jpg.126df72c0daedcd111c0255b968f4204.jpg

Splash! (At least that was working.)

16.jpg.32e90d3ca844dafa47c450325caa4748.jpg

They had these cool displays set up that students had built, you could drop a marble, and watch the marble travel the "coaster track."

18.jpg.24965bd25f67a4ccf4a53857c8a8fe03.jpg

Such a fun little ride.

19.jpg.ce7431a93bc59b92fe4e60ffa5fa3b3b.jpg

More airtime than i305.

2.jpg.745550e2e5e031488848a53def43fb84.jpg

First ride of the day! (And best ride in the park IMO)

20.jpg.7668529121194806a1dc25670cb51ee4.jpg

Such a pretty coaster. . . But ouch...

21.jpg.9dc22a49cde6689aca4a2401142c743d.jpg

Splash!!??

22.jpg.f064634ba7ae588543af7cf920e9c2df.jpg

This is where you start to bleed from the ears.

23.jpg.d7abadfaab278e55de14c107ef2884da.jpg

This is when you start praying for the ride to be over with.

24.jpg.3a82a2652fb15fb3295a916d8d76dad7.jpg

Having fun with reflections.

3.jpg.89337df6a43941881bcba9dc3ec690ea.jpg

Hello Universal Studios.

6.jpg.7eae110ef0cbec4506813bd5cf7143d6.jpg

Backlot stunt coaster was running one train. . .

7.jpg.8f3d1fe995e337220ffb5a8726133ad2.jpg

FIRE!!! YYYYAAAASSS!!

8.jpg.563b8d7bdbf4fc2617e8ff1993980595.jpg

Eh, nothing to see here. . . Moving along.

25.jpg.5a61074ca2c9be5da586e360ebc43945.jpg

Fountain.

26.jpg.368b65c72d8043c03df7ad1d31a8a6c5.jpg

A little bit of themeage...

27.jpg.7168d547dc7b3693b8a0cc60c37ddd49.jpg

Some more theme from Volcano's station.

28.jpg.5c98a362be87813774772f72e3b3a7c7.jpg

YAAASS!!

29.jpg.e87d9716721e2ea1071d52ad2321a10f.jpg

Climbing the lift hill.

30.jpg.760b2bd250f081fe95ff22b0da14580e.jpg

Photos do not do this loop justice. It is massive!!

31.jpg.86e71028ca18cc5797399e87164d064e.jpg

Loved the interlocking corkscrews!

32.jpg.7746190394409eb7b47ce3f2f67a74be.jpg

Lots of airtime in the back row right here!!

33.jpg.e6786ba002d39e240d043a197304663c.jpg

Nice g's here.

34.jpg.e1414c47b4785af8b9adf983e27dbfcf.jpg

For all you trim enthusiast! (Thankfully these were not being used each time I rode the ride!)

35.jpg.91e8ae29c84dd1a48cd8f7377ce6783b.jpg

These look so weird.

36.jpg.e05d260b4dad1d9cfadd56ecc9deec7e.jpg

<3

37.jpg.7e4962fbfd93500ccbba633be5f4c7ca.jpg

Good bye KD!! Thanks for a decent day at the park.

17.jpg.94efee5e7fb12b439be5c610c561cf35.jpg

I found out here that KD will be building the worlds first launched B&M Strata coaster!! Coming in 2017!!

4.jpg.1140c16af3c1b05608f44bc1ced844bc.jpg

It spins, I puke... No thanks.

5.jpg.da4fe1d575e0da6a7cf8c317e7213f02.jpg

The only time Drop Zone moved the entire day.

9.jpg.361269e156ec36c0c1094f8d00d1b315.jpg

This is what gets you up, before you go down.

Edited by DoinItForTheFame

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great report (though surprised by your opinion of I305 which is overrated but for me is still a top 10 ride). It's a shame you missed Flight of Fear, the KD version seems to be much better.

Oh wait no Shenandoah Lumber Company... report sucks, 0/10

I really enjoyed the report! Glad you had a great time! I went on Apr. 9, 2016, and the weather was about the same. Cold, cold, and cold! LOL. I still had a blast though. Everything was basically a walk-on. Dominator was closed during my first time visit (bummer), but maybe in the near future I'll get a chance to ride it. Also, Flight of Fear is amazing and sorry it was closed. I prefer this version more than Kings Island.

I'm a little curious of what your definition of "airtime" is. Are we talking butt out of the seat or feeling of weightlessness? After riding I305 a few times I am more than glad that those restraints are there on that first hill after the drop. I agree about that trim though, feels like the ride might as well end right there.

Drop Zone is one of the best drop towers out there, too bad you're not a fan of them. Avalanche is a fun little ride and Woodstock Express rules! Backlot Stunt Coaster is in desperate need of a lot of TLC but it's still fun. Glad you got to visit the park and am interested to see how your visit to BGW was. The two parks are very different!

Curious - where did you hear that I305 has airtime? It's definitely not an airtime machine... maybe you mean Fury325 at Carowinds? I305 is about speed, speed, speed, quick transitions and trying to break the sound barrier. I'm a once and done each visit on it as whipping right and left takes a toll on me. Volcano's where it's at!! Amirite?!?!

Great report (though surprised by your opinion of I305 which is overrated but for me is still a top 10 ride). It's a shame you missed Flight of Fear, the KD version seems to be much better.

I guess maybe my expectiations for i305 were way to high, and it just couldn't live up to what I was expecting. I was really dissapointed in the ride, and really have no desire to ride it again. It just isn't my cup of tea! But to each their own!

Oh wait no Shenandoah Lumber Company... report sucks, 0/10

Maybe next time!

I really enjoyed the report! Glad you had a great time! I went on Apr. 9, 2016, and the weather was about the same. Cold, cold, and cold! LOL. I still had a blast though. Everything was basically a walk-on. Dominator was closed during my first time visit (bummer), but maybe in the near future I'll get a chance to ride it. Also, Flight of Fear is amazing and sorry it was closed. I prefer this version more than Kings Island.

OH NO!! I'm sad you didn't get to ride Dominator! It's amazing!! I'm sad I missed out on Flight Of Fear. . . But I'm sure I'll have friends who want to go to the park so I will be back there eventually, hopefully FOF will be open then!

I'm a little curious of what your definition of "airtime" is. Are we talking butt out of the seat or feeling of weightlessness? After riding I305 a few times I am more than glad that those restraints are there on that first hill after the drop. I agree about that trim though, feels like the ride might as well end right there.

To me "airtime" can be either butt out of the seat, or a feeling of weightlessness, depending on the coaster, and depending on the situation. I experienced neither on i305. There was no butt out of the seat, nor was there a sense of weightlessness. Honestly, I think it comes down to the restraint. The restraint was so freaking tight, and the soft OTSR's were sitting right on my shoulder so there was no wiggle room. I was basically stapled into my seat the entire ride, which I think took away any airtime feeling I could have gotten.

Drop Zone is one of the best drop towers out there, too bad you're not a fan of them. Avalanche is a fun little ride and Woodstock Express rules! Backlot Stunt Coaster is in desperate need of a lot of TLC but it's still fun. Glad you got to visit the park and am interested to see how your visit to BGW was. The two parks are very different!

I was kind of sad that I missed out on Drop Zone. I had kind of made up my mind that even though I'm not a huge fan of drop towers, I was going to ride it just because. I had been mentally preparing myself, and then I get there and it was closed! However, there was always the possibility of Mach Tower at BGW!! Speaking of which my BGW report should be up soon!!

Curious - where did you hear that I305 has airtime? It's definitely not an airtime machine... maybe you mean Fury325 at Carowinds? I305 is about speed, speed, speed, quick transitions and trying to break the sound barrier. I'm a once and done each visit on it as whipping right and left takes a toll on me. Volcano's where it's at!! Amirite?!?!

I've always read people on here talking about how much airtime i305 has. Especially in the back row over the first drop, and over the first airtime hill... and... Nope, nothing for me. But yes, I think you are right! Volcano is where it's at!! Now Volcano is a coaster I loved!

Nice report, but a 3/10 for I305? Really?

Yep, I really didn't care for i305. To me it was incredibly overrated, and like I said, I have no desire to ride it again. It just didn't do anything for me! But to each their own!

Part 2: BGW Coming Soon!!

Yeah Intimidator definitely has multiple ejector moments, if it was cold it might have been running sluggish. The restraints are also a factor I suppose..

It was super cold. Like low 50's cold. So I'm chalking it up to really cold temperatures, and the restraints as to what caused me to not get an "out of this world" ride.

I305 ran amazing on preview day when it was 40 degrees exactly (which we know because we had to wait for it to warm up before they could open it... which of course we did by riding the log flume when it was 39 degrees). I wouldn't blame the temps. It might just not be your cup of tea. I don't really think of airtime when I think of I305. It has plenty but the restraints take away from that element of the ride. The reason I love I305 is because of the relentless laterals and insane transitions.

Interesting observations in terms of the uncomfortable restraints and lack of airtime you mentioned on I-305.

I think that I-305 is somewhat like Skyrush in terms of being too intense for some people. I have been on both with several family members that thought they were way too intense and crazy for them. Some would simply prefer an out and back woodie or B&M hyper to get the more floaty airtime versus insane speeds and snappy transitions. That's why it's great to live in a time where most parks offer a little bit of everything for everyone in terms of coaster variation.

When I rode I-305 a couple of weeks ago, it felt like it was literally trying to throw me out of the car going over the hills (including the first drop). And unlike the vest restraints found on the B&M's, my collarbone didn't hurt after a couple of rides.

I really need to get back to SFGA and ride El Toro because I think that I-305 just crept up one more notch over ET into my #2 position of best roller coaster. I effin' love this ride and it would really be the only reason for me to return to KD.

Sure, Volcano is nice, but my ride on it this time was mehhh....been there, done that, not really worth the long wait. We only rode it once during our 1.5 day visit. I think that I actually prefer Wicked Twister to this ride - although I love the theming and unique concept of it.

I've ridden I305 in the cold and it slows down. Not enough to convert the constant ejector air into floater though, and definitely not enough to make the airtime go away. It's just not physically possible. I have noticed there are times when I kind of "miss" the ride, by the time I'm done with just surviving it and move into enjoying it, it's over. But the only thing I can see hard to decide about it for the coaster enthusiast is: is it the best coaster in the world or just really close to it? It may not be exactly what I wanted, but it's certainly what I always asked for.

BTW, no mention of the floater air machines of KD (for 2016): Rebel Yell and Grizzly.

I've ridden I305 in the cold and it slows down.

Every ride slows down in the cold except for accelerator coasters that throw trains at different speeds based on conditions or apparently Batman at Great Adventure because it just absolutely, positively doesn't have time for your sh*t but the difference on I305 wasn't noticeable to me at all, even on a half full train.

Part 2: Busch Gardens Williamsburg!

So having never been to BGW, I was not sure what to expect. I knew what rides they had but I was not to familiar with what people thought of the rides so I was going in with my own expectations, not with expectations influenced by others. Also, having had a very disappointing day at KD the day before I really wasn't hoping for much from this park. I didn't even care to get up early, and get to the park at opening as I had done the day before at KD. It was suppose to rain all day, I was exhausted, and I was feeling kind of "meh" about going to a theme park that day. Regardless, I went to the park. I got there about an hour after opening and...

WOW!!! Was I blown away!! This park is so beautiful. Beautiful enough it is by far one of my top 3 theme parks!! The rain kept most people away from the park for the day which was nice. It wasn't nearly as cold as it had been at KD which was a huge plus. For the rides I did end up having to wait for there was NEVER more than a one train wait, which was awesome!! I really can not get over how beautiful the park is. I am jealous of anyone who has this park as their home park!! Anywho, on with the rides:

Alpengeist: Oh holy sh!t!! This coaster is intense! It's like a Batman clone on steroids!! The drop is amazing, and the flow of elements is nearly perfect. The only thing I dislike about this coaster is the first part of the cobra roll. It's so snappy at the top that it caused some headbangage. Nothing major, but a little uncomfortable. Also, the transition into the MCBR was pretty brutal. It's like the Raptor Smack going into the final brake run on Raptor at CP. However, the the foot choppers at the end of the ride were amazing. I really felt like I could reach my foot out and kick the "snow" covered area under the ride. A very well themed, and intense B&M invert! Even thought the cobra roll, and MCBR are on the rough side this has become my new favorite B&M invert! 11 rides! 9/10.

Apollo's Chariot: WOW! this coaster is amazing. That first drop in the back row. . . Holy cow! And the return trip after the MCBR. . . The airtime on those hills is insane!! Also, the turn into the MCBR provides some really nice G's! 6 rides. 8/10.

Griffon: I may be one of the few enthusiast who actually LOVES Dive Machines, and Griffon is no exception. The view of the water when you first crest the lift hill is beautiful, and just dangling over that drop is amazing. The first drop provides some nice air in the front row, and some really crazy air in the back row!! I loved having a second inversion on the coaster (compared to SheiKra) and this coaster has me really excited for my ride on Valravn later this year!! 23 rides. 10/10!

Loch Ness Monster: This might actually be one of the smoothest Arrow coasters I have ever been on. Not that the coaster is super smooth, but it's not nearly as rough as some other Arrow coasters I have been on. The helix in the dark was awesome, and the interlocking loops was really unique! 6 rides. 7/10!

Tempesto: Having never been on one of these coasters, I was super excited to try it out! I haven't heard much about these coasters so I was not to sure what to expect. The first forwards launch was fun, but the backwards launch was. . . OMG! Wow! I had no idea the speed that coaster picked up during the backwards launch. The airtime on the crest of the tower in the front row is insane! I was not expecting nearly that much airtime! Oh my!! 16 rides. 10/10!

Verbolten: I don't even know where to begin with this coaster. The first launch into the show building is awesome, and the entire ride inside the show building is a lot of fun. That freefall drop got me every time! So much fun, and I wish the freefall drop would catch on with more new coasters! The second launch was powerful, and fun!! The layout is awesome, and the drop down towards the river provides some nice air in the back row!! 18 rides. 10/10!

Curse of DarKastle: I really had zero idea about anything related to this ride. I knew nothing about it, so again I had no idea /what to expect. I ended up being the only one on the ride which made the ride a little more creepy, but again, WOW!! I was blown away by this ride. The story line was good, the movements of the vehicle were great, and the show elements were awesome! 2 rides. 8/10.

Europe in the Air: Again, I had no idea what to expect of this ride. However, it was pretty fun. It felt like a cheaper version on Soarin'. And the cut's between scenes seemed a bit abrupt, and not nearly as smooth as Soarin'. However, it was still a decent ride and I did enjoy it! 1.5 rides. 6/10. (1.5 Rides because the first time I rode it half way through the ride it broke down. They quickly moved us over to the other theater, and we got a full ride in that time!)

All in all I had an AMAZING time at the park, and I can't wait to go back!!! Anywho, on with the photos! Enjoy!

1.jpg.de193fad11d7369a7d5736722430c6ab.jpg

Well, hello there!!

10.jpg.eea20f4a48147bd90de0cef7404102d9.jpg

Turn...

11.jpg.1954171bb3f4a817b41ffbc7cae58f7f.jpg

If you get stuck on the lift hill, this is how they get you down.

12.jpg.48c8f5725053e3083ebe2752c1597f0a.jpg

Second inversion!

13.jpg.c3cb57f05d1d19e3383411a657fc3c7c.jpg

That drop though. . .

14.jpg.b6e9609ee5385cfe5954e99a0f3a2d73.jpg

No one has EVER taken this photo before. . .

15.jpg.1dc3a8f2279e64c66d762e1db3b66d57.jpg

Next up!

16.jpg.92fd99d83984a7fda617005684040367.jpg

What a line!

17.jpg.24a41e246f3d527efbbdb624c672aed4.jpg

Upskirt!

18.jpg.cbee36a833f7825b14929ef890b7baf3.jpg

Alpengeist likes going in tight places.

19.jpg.0a5c885eb12a04d511297d4c3d67469f.jpg

First drop!

2.jpg.06f4e0085d35b611e765f88986c0f544.jpg

Where the fun begins!

20.jpg.6bd51a11a00004663dd169b0d63faf08.jpg

So smooth!

21.jpg.1d99e2891c2a6283415abd622eaf1220.jpg

Diving off the MCBR!

22.jpg.2c5afdcc6a30286a19d2c91c455cbb25.jpg

2 trains, 2 inversions!

23.jpg.830a1fac0aefc3a0e96518e47b22b63e.jpg

No thanks, I was already wet enough.

24.jpg.a67b3f4e8b023c95038c434f71d7f0c3.jpg

Going down. . .

3.jpg.e3d0bc4332525e7a2ca2469a60863fed.jpg

Very pretty!

4.jpg.189ec955e7842d00fdd4c84d1b4ae2a2.jpg

*cough* *cough*

5.jpg.70b19cb7d190c389c254b49340c85252.jpg

The park has some really beautiful areas.

6.jpg.c79656cedddfd50f3c1caf4fb8c3e58b.jpg

A less thrilling version of Sorain'.

7.jpg.81b08bdb63565ee508af904bb7430bb2.jpg

Just hanging out.

8.jpg.c65edd5b8e053ac0b0b99ad8417c5a03.jpg

Going down!

9.jpg.a50405cf9884bff7f518340923a5d07f.jpg

Inversion.

25.jpg.1d309ef568d4c70e4a2003f525f8a2f8.jpg

. . . and getting wet.

26.jpg.0e6cef23ceb44d79e0b6c3044dfad70f.jpg

Ohhhhh!!!

27.jpg.7f0a6bcceb98404b6f9fe82aa713e7b7.jpg

Ohhhh :( That's also how the ride stayed all day long.

28.jpg.64f3c78d39df65c0f61c6df2b26040bc.jpg

Off to brave the black forest!

29.jpg.7091e64d19e560182d40914b0b1fce31.jpg

<3

30.jpg.d6f576ca8bf683be9cd9ec004a6916cb.jpg

So much air in the back row!

31.jpg.621fdde78e5c9e3d489fd8bf300100e7.jpg

No thanks. I was still wet from the rain!

32.jpg.00f4d1db25ee2c0fca30d0d1f4562897.jpg

No one wanted to ride this ride today. . .

33.jpg.8235de1f8f7a0c9fdaeb2eeaf318aafc.jpg

So the ride just kept wetting itself all day. . .

34.jpg.597bc9bc81d380d834c0cd708ff98802.jpg

Yaaaass!!

35.jpg.b4c8c0b45b173c8015d0823845093aa0.jpg

I had no idea how close together these two rides were!

36.jpg.771abe029791e4f6bed1d109a5aac4a7.jpg

Going up, or going down?! The world may never know. . .

37.jpg.252939201533c87d63cd69b77eb5991e.jpg

The interlocking loops were awesome!

38.jpg.af5c3f2fd9d908628836f27304264e2c.jpg

<3

39.jpg.c69ceb78ed1a898bdef753c1d50f22ad.jpg

The helix of doom!

40.jpg.2ce83545b8013cffc8a234d472132f21.jpg

The park was DEAD!

41.jpg.208a5767e9d24bbe93887ffc04b1b385.jpg

Naked woman fountain!? Why can't Dollywood have one of these?! ;)

42.jpg.598fa45f2623c95c864d5e458314a771.jpg

Lighthouse!

43.jpg.6e7b8fb0374d422d8c438247f97c9182.jpg

Love the landscaping!

44.jpg.33c11594d7174d28d5d0809001775f34.jpg

See?! The park was really. . . really dead!

45.jpg.23822005953d9aa26ad52d8d09b6f3ea.jpg

So much better than 6 flags. . .

46.jpg.ebf725d4b352159c100a7e412ba49164.jpg

A fun, but creepy ride!!

47.jpg.902bebdb698027ed411e037eca8849c5.jpg

YASSSS!

48.jpg.7b232e3db2f5efeb9bda61727ecf4029.jpg

Nothing to see here, moving on!

49.jpg.3d281b71cf95395b60ec59cea6d62ee9.jpg

Train!!

50.jpg.5efde6d7a0ff9032bfce6207c1f91bc6.jpg

Loop!

51.jpg.88aa6dbaebfccd847b675d872564b79b.jpg

DAMN SUN!!

52.jpg.1bacdda7b8841d2c96e9ea6979a5b442.jpg

*cough* *cough*

53.jpg.78e62df9f86fdfafd35e6d3ce7c2fac0.jpg

Skyride POV!

54.jpg.ef0313bfc8a063a427f7ada13975992d.jpg

*sings* "There will be one less lonely train..."

55.jpg.9619023a88953aada35645f9882c3957.jpg

Prelift!

56.jpg.6e64970b562a877d1b21ce65c5e0f558.jpg

Griffon's ride plaza looks amazing!

57.jpg.afc3308eeebd8a7675b7836ae5f77b80.jpg

I really do like this photo!

58.jpg.7c3ea53e3fb379f8f073ab6a8e49011a.jpg

Behind Griffon while he's wetting himself.

59.jpg.57fbecc51e932cb790ed344b2e1d0fef.jpg

Almost bought one of these.

60.jpg.d94b5638e04668671c468ff037e03ef1.jpg

Can't wait to be back at this park!

61.jpg.22a2ae56fbc43bfa745177ac3e41f53f.jpg

Bye for now BGW!!

Your day at BGW brings a whole new meaning to "The park was DEAD!" I can't even believe they kept it open, holy smokes! Glad you had an awesome time and I'd kill for one of those BBW shirts!!

DoinIt: I must say you are marathoning monster...

I've ridden I305 in the cold and it slows down.

Every ride slows down in the cold except for accelerator coasters that throw trains at different speeds based on conditions or apparently Batman at Great Adventure because it just absolutely, positively doesn't have time for your sh*t but the difference on I305 wasn't noticeable to me at all, even on a half full train.

When it's really noticable it's so cold it's a GOOD thing! But yeah, when all the air is ejector, you can get it in every seat in every condition. Actually the only floater-ish air is after the trims, the complainers should see them as a good thing, although brakes feel "wrong" on a coaster even when the effect is good.

Great TR. Looks like you went to Busch Gardens on a perfect day, I've never seen the park that dead before. Good to see you're a fan of Alpengeist too, it's a great ride that seems to get quite a bit of hate.

Great trip report, sounds like you had an amazing time!

This was by far one of the best experiences I have ever had at a park!

Your day at BGW brings a whole new meaning to "The park was DEAD!" I can't even believe they kept it open, holy smokes! Glad you had an awesome time and I'd kill for one of those BBW shirts!!

I was afraid that they were going to close the park early, but they kept it open to the scheduled closing time!! I wanted one of the BBW shirts, but having never been on BBW it didn't overly appeal to me... it would have been like false advertisement!

DoinIt: I must say you are marathoning monster...

I was very lucky with how dead the park was, and I was very lucky being allowed re-rides on several rides several times without having to get off and walk around!

Nice report! I absolutely adore BGW

I do too now!! Like I said, I am jealous of anyone who gets to visit this park several times a year. Thankfully this has become a park that I will be able to visit at least once a year, and I'm super excited to be there next year!

Great TR. Looks like you went to Busch Gardens on a perfect day, I've never seen the park that dead before. Good to see you're a fan of Alpengeist too, it's a great ride that seems to get quite a bit of hate.

I can see why Alpengeist gets some hate. It does have it's moments of "roughness." However, the coaster is so well put together, and it is such an over all great experience that the "roughness" is over shadowed by the perfection of everything else with the ride!! By far my favorite invert! I love it 10 times more than Banshee!! (Runs and hides now!)

Great report! It's a shame you missed Pompeii. It barely gets you wet and the effects are awesome. As far as Le Scoot goes, I fully understand some people lack my dedication to Log Flumes so I'll give you a pass on both of those because this report has a solid sky ride picture ratio. Lol

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad some other people out there agree that Dominator is an awesome coaster.

Even though BGW is about two hours down the road, we can only get down there once a year. Man, it's crazy seeing the park so empty! I wish I would've been there that day...love the pictures of Alpengeist flying through the tunnel and diving off of the MCBR too.

Nice report!