TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Screamscape Rumor You Wish Would've Happened?

What is your favorite rumored roller coaster, water park, themed area, or just a simple flat ride that Screamscape rumored but wasn't true?

Mine would probably have to be the Dive coaster for SFGAd

2010-2012 - Dive Machine - Rumor - (10/15/07) The early buzz for 2009 or 2010 indicates that the park may be one of the first Six Flags parks to get a B&M Dive Machine. I’ve also heard a similar rumor last month for Six Flags Great America, so either both may get it or more likely it will come down to a choice of which parks needs it more or deserves it more. We’ve see what Busch did with the concept, so with the ball in Six Flags court, will they expand or simplify the design of the Dive Machine concept?

...or the Atlantica SuperSplash for SFGAm,

2012 - New Flume Ride - Rumor - (7/19/10) Remember that rumor about a new flume ride in development for the park? If the latest rumor is true, they could be speaking to Mack about building a new Super Splash ride for them to replace the old Splashwater Falls ride for as early as 2012. More when we find out.

...or possibly the Knott's Berry Farm giga coaster!

2015/2016 - Giga Coaster - Rumor - (10/12/12) More Screamscape sources have confirmed that the Hyper/Giga coaster project for the park is still on the books, but is still a few years away.

(10/3/12) Good News / Bad News time. The good news is that apparently Knott’s still has that long rumored Giga coaster in their sights. The bad news is that I’m hearing it wont happen until at least 2015 or 2016. Seems they have a few other projects to put on the fire first.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2017/2018 - New Coaster / RMC TRex - Rumor - (2/15/16) One of the big rumors that wont die this year has been about SFGAdv working with RMC to build their first TRex system coaster that will feature a new large single track beam. If this rumor follows through, the TRex track system (name still subject to change according to RMC) coaster could open at the park by 2017 or 2018. It is also worth mentions that the RMC TRex coaster would actually be an entirely steel coaster creation, and not a hybrid of wood and steel. Follow this link to see a video of RMC showing off a sample piece of TRex track that was on display at IAAPA back in November 2015, as shot by our friends at In The Loop.

^^^^^^^^but I would like to believe it!

Any WOF coaster rumor within the last 8 years.

(Dammit Matt would it kill you to give us a launch coaster?)

I've been around with Screamscape since like 2008 when I first got into the industry, and this is the closest to a new coaster I know of besides the Premier Skyrocket II in 2019.

(7/20/12) A couple of new rumors have come in this week for Worlds of Fun. For starters I’m told that the planned new water slides coming to Oceans of Fun in 2013 are expected to replace the three Diamond Head slides which actually opened up with the waterpark. So get your last slides in while you still can.

In other news, the whispers coming in from the shadows claims that the park is planning on testing out some Rocky Mountain Topper Track on Timber Wolf over the off season. If true, look for it to be placed around the mid-course helix area.

What is your favorite rumored roller coaster, water park, themed area, or just a simple flat ride that Screamscape rumored but wasn't true?

...or possibly the Knott's Berry Farm giga coaster!

2015/2016 - Giga Coaster - Rumor - (10/12/12) More Screamscape sources have confirmed that the Hyper/Giga coaster project for the park is still on the books, but is still a few years away.

(10/3/12) Good News / Bad News time. The good news is that apparently Knott’s still has that long rumored Giga coaster in their sights. The bad news is that I’m hearing it wont happen until at least 2015 or 2016. Seems they have a few other projects to put on the fire first.

Really wish Knott's would've gotten the Hyper/Giga that was rumored. A Hyper/Giga would round out their coaster collection nicely and give them another "thrill" coaster to go along with their Big 3 (Xcelerator, SB, and Ghostrider). I love the full rehab that GhostRider is getting, but the park could really use another major coaster attraction. The last major coaster was SB and that was back in 2004. CF has done a great job with the ride rehabs and park updates over the last 10 years or so, but it's time Knott's got their big time B&M hyper coaster.

• 1 month later...

I remember following the now infamous Alton Towers wooden coaster saga pretty closely when that was going on sometime over a decade ago. It was a shame to see that monstrous proposed coaster come to fruition and then subsequently get filed away indefinitely due to local residents fierce opposition to the project.